Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dude where's Makar?

Didn't travel with the team. Typical Avs. We learned at game time the other day that he'd not play and now he's missing at least 2 weeks and we have no clue what's happening.

Wilson once left practice for no apparent reason according to journalists who were there and he never came back. No one felt the need to tell us what happened.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Hahaha, like Kroenke/Avs care what we know about injuries.
Or about interviews.
Or about fans in Colorado actually being able to see the f***ing games.
They care about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: avspatti

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Didn't travel with the team. Typical Avs. We learned at game time the other day that he'd not play and now he's missing at least 2 weeks and we have no clue what's happening.

he's missing at least 2 weeks

What ?? Are you sure ?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
he's missing at least 2 weeks

What ?? Are you sure ?
Makar's last game was February 29th and since he didn't make the trip he won't play until the Rangers game on March 11th at the earliest.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Speculating: I'm pretty sure I recall Kamenev taking a puck pretty hard in a block shot. So maybe him? Looking at shift charts only Dries, O'Connor and Kamanev didn't play in the final 8 or so minutes. I know they are the 4th line, but I'd assume if there was an injury elsewhere someone else might've dropped off the chart list - unless it happened late.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I do wish they'd communicate with us more but I'm fine with being in the dark on what is actually wrong on the last leg of the season, sounds silly but giving out specifics on an injury just makes that player more of a target come playoff time.

Reactions: MarkT

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Makar didn't travel on the road trip.

The more interesting question is... what the f*** is wrong with him?

Seriously getting frustrated at the mystery injuries and the lack of any kind of questions/answers about them. Where TF is Bura? He went from being "sick" to "UBI" to "LBI" to ???lolcopter???

Did we ever find out what the first injury was earlier in the season? Shoulder or concussion? If it was the latter, and he is suffering from more symptoms, I'm gonna be majorly depressed.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Did we ever find out what the first injury was earlier in the season? Shoulder or concussion? If it was the latter, and he is suffering from more symptoms, I'm gonna be majorly depressed.

I always assumed shoulder, but I don't think they ever actually said.

While I understand the argument about "making them a target come playoff time", I'm not entirely convinced that this is a reality in practice. Good players are going to be targets regardless of what's on the injury report.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
All of us holding on to the dream of a healthy Avalanche team for playoffs.

upload_2020-3-9_14-19-7.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I always assumed shoulder, but I don't think they ever actually said.

While I understand the argument about "making them a target come playoff time", I'm not entirely convinced that this is a reality in practice. Good players are going to be targets regardless of what's on the injury report.

Ken Hitchcock rightfully pointed out the bullshit a couple years back about the secrecy regarding injuries.

The last time I remember a guy clearly targeting an injured player was none other than Math Bumwhack slamming the head of his old teammate and close buddy Marc Savard into the stanchion during an Avs/B's game, which I believe was Savard's very last NHL shift. That, among other reasons, is why I think Dumbwick is pure trash. That was, like, the ONLY hit I remember him throwing the whole time he was in Denver.

Reactions: wayninja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad