Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Next offseason, every Avs player with the exception of MacKinnon should hit the gym and hit it often. This guys are too fragile. During that stadium series Doughty said to Mikko, you have the skinniest legs in the league LOL, and he might be right. This guys need to put on some muscle and get better conditioned

They are professional athletes, I’m sure they’re all on strict training regiments.

But, one thing I will say. The team is very young and you’re at a disadvantage in the league until you get your grown man strength, which just comes naturally. It’s helped by training, but it just takes time.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They are professional athletes, I’m sure they’re all on strict training regiments.

But, one thing I will say. The team is very young and you’re at a disadvantage in the league until you get your grown man strength, which just comes naturally. It’s helped by training, but it just takes time.
MacK goes out of his way to train extra hard in the offseason every year, that's why he's by far the best conditioned athlete not just on the Avs but one of the best in the league. The rest of the team should take that as motivation to do the same.

Reactions: chet1926

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
MacK goes out of his way to train extra hard in the offseason every year, that's why he's by far the best conditioned athlete not just on the Avs but one of the best in the league. The rest of the team should take that as motivation to do the same.

I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing the group join MacK for a few weeks in the offseason, because I agree with you to an extent.

But a lot of what MacKinnon does is raw natural athletic ability.

It’s like in the NBA, not many players run and jump like prime LeBron James. And that has nothing to do with LeBron’s training regiment. Some guys are just more physically gifted. MacKinnon and Makar are those dudes for the Avalanche.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing the group join MacK for a few weeks in the offseason, because I agree with you to an extent.

But a lot of what MacKinnon does is raw natural athletic ability.

It’s like in the NBA, not many players run and jump like prime LeBron James. And that has nothing to do with LeBron’s training regiment. Some guys are just more physically gifted. MacKinnon and Makar are those dudes for the Avalanche.
Makar two different injuries so far bit concerning though? I mean almost every team goes through injuries, but for the Avs it happens bit too often and happens to too many players. Look at the Blues who play that hard, grinding style hockey, they almost never have injuries it seems like. Other than Tarasenko, who else has gotten hurt on that team? I'm not counting Bouwmeester because that was something different what happened to him. Also being young should give you an advantage on conditioning shouldn't it? 30 year old body has more wear and tear than a 20 year old body.

LakewoodAvsFan

Oct 16, 2019
Lakewood, CO
Makar two different injuries so far bit concerning though? I mean almost every team goes through injuries, but for the Avs it happens bit too often and happens to too many players. Look at the Blues who play that hard, grinding style hockey, they almost never have injuries it seems like. Other than Tarasenko, who else has gotten hurt on that team? I'm not counting Bouwmeester because that was something different what happened to him. Also being young should give you an advantage on conditioning shouldn't it? 30 year old body has more wear and tear than a 20 year old body.

This may provide some insight (A week old).

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Tarasenko has been injured all year to be fair.
Yeah that's just one guy out for the entire season for the Blues. Avs have had bunch of key players hurt throughout the season. If the only injury Avs had was Rantanen out for a season like Tarasenko but everyone else stayed healthy, I'd take that instead of what they're going through where they lose different players in every game

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

True just ask Blake Wheeler.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Next offseason, every Avs player with the exception of MacKinnon should hit the gym and hit it often. This guys are too fragile. During that stadium series Doughty said to Mikko, you have the skinniest legs in the league LOL, and he might be right. This guys need to put on some muscle and get better conditioned

The notion that durability is directly proportional to physical conditioning is really, really overblown. It no doubt helps to be in better prime shape, but it's also a fair bit of luck and some players are simply more able to handle the rigors of professional contact sports than others. It's really just...shit luck.

Reactions: McMetal

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The notion that durability is directly proportional to physical conditioning is really, really overblown. It no doubt helps to be in better prime shape, but it's also a fair bit of luck and some players are simply more able to handle the rigors of professional contact sports than others. It's really just...shit luck.
Staying healthy is smarts, skill and some luck also, and as I mentioned conditioning helps too

Reactions: missionAvs

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Great news from the video today.

It looks like Rantanen, Kadri, and Calvert are all getting closer.

Kadri looks closest to returning imo.

I kinda thought Calvert might be done. I’m pumped to see that he’s skating.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I assume Cale and Bura were skating this morning with that group too, but I haven't seen confirmation.

Edit: maybe not. Dater's article says Grubauer was the only other one on the ice. Kinda concerning if Cale and Bura didn't make the trip AND aren't skating.

Last edited:

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

Agreed. It doesn't matter how much you work out - flying face first into the boards is going to hurt and most likely result in an injury. We're not talking about guys being out with shin splints here.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

What’s the matter? Cheer up, friend.
upload_2020-3-5_14-18-42.gif

Reactions: AvsFan29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad