Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 NHL Season officially suspended due to COVID-19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Can you believe that the league is shutting down in what was suppose to be “our year”

This effects everything. The trades we made, the players leaving in the off-season. EVERYTHING
It's been "our year" for what, 5 years now? The changes of us winning the Cup would still be pretty small. If the season gets cancelled hope I don't see going around saying we definitely would've won the whole damn thing if not for the virus.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
To invest all this time into the team. For it to be our “revenge” year. For the HUGE assets we gave up.

We won’t be the same team next year....

A cancelled Stanley Cup is devastating.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It's been "our year" for what, 5 years now? The changes of us winning the Cup would still be pretty small. If the season gets cancelled hope I don't see going around saying we definitely would've won the whole damn thing if not for the virus.

lol every one picks us the last five years and we never win the cup this could be good for us maybe Stamkos is healthy if the playoffs are pushed back 3 weeks or 4 weeks

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
mind blowing don't poke the bear

Rudy Gobert Made Coronavirus Joke By Touching Every Microphone In Room, Now He Has It (VIDEO)

one good thing is he has probably became fist person to ever win EVERY VOTE for defensive player of the year award i mean he shut down the entire league ....

crazies thing is from when you catch this avg to time of death if that happens is 17 days.... thats a crazy long incubation period if that is the right word.....

i found this read to be fascinating

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
mind blowing don't poke the bear

Rudy Gobert Made Coronavirus Joke By Touching Every Microphone In Room, Now He Has It (VIDEO)

one good thing is he has probably became fist person to ever win EVERY VOTE for defensive player of the year award i mean he shut down the entire league ....

crazies thing is from when you catch this avg to time of death if that happens is 17 days.... thats a crazy long incubation period if that is the right word.....

i found this read to be fascinating

man this thing is expected to go on 3-7 months could be no more hockey till October ?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
man this thing is expected to go on 3-7 months could be no more hockey till October ?
they got to do a lockdown not sure how many deaths that take

govt is stepping up detroit this morning shut down st patties day parade

califronia 3:30 am just shut down whole state for all meetings of over 250 people

I READ THE ABOVE STATEMENT WRONG THIS IS A SUGGESTION

sad we still DONT GET IT smdh i wonder how many deaths its gonna take till we lockdown.. imho its coming just dont know the acceptable numbers till its enforced

this 250 number is probably guidelines for certain states will be 100 gatheings too

if you read everything on the chart its mind boggling.... lockdown is whats needed fully all business anything for 15 days probably till that happens we will spread re spread to new people etc... and youll see the glorious days of cluster spikes where hundreds of people get infected in a short time frame hours in an area..... is sad really sad.....

i didnt pay this any attn at first cause didnt touch me didnt affect us... to realize its been here now 15-30 days and we will not get true numbers till its done if ever? really sad..... i didnt pay much attn but news out of china is limited to say least till i realized what was happening in italy....

id say we will here govt governors etc... shutting down schools by weekend businesses asked to close or work from home if can for two weeks etc..

i doubt till it becomes mandatory that happens and yes I think in time its gonna get mandatory from the deaths if we dont take care of this NOW each day makes it worse by astronomical numbers... i believe those charts thats the really bad thing.... dont always believe news etc... also read a bit on person who been dealing with not this strain but writings tests since 2016... just not good

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
is a chance they are forced to shut down seasons.... i am not sure will get there....

thing is if you got 250 by the numbers someone has the virus.... its that simple... the math is out there these charts graphs etc.. even i can read it and understand haha

grim reality more we do TODAY as quickly as possible is going to make all the difference if we do enough.... not sure yet whose not on same page.... we will find out .... these charts go over 1918 virus not sure name.... but how days 3 to 6 made it blow up in areas like st louis and the places that locked down quicker? had way less issues and deaths etc...

problem is its here with large numbers 100k maybe world wide been here 15-30 days worst cases might not show up for 10 days to even 30? we could have over 100k cases at this moment usually the math that ive read is like 8 times so usa could have instead of 10k 80k victims today and it kinda can grow by stupid percentages at times lol for days etc... of carriers.. in clusters so think of old people homes homeless populations or places etc... just insane....

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't really see the point in shutting the NHL down. It's bad short-term PR, but it's PR.

Either they play until they get sick (which will likely be mild), and takes some time off, or everyone breaks and gets it individually. Teams already manage the flu. COVID is less contagious.

Fans have probably had the virus in the stands for weeks, but as soon as some players test positive, the NBA shuts everything down.

What I'm seeing is that season ticket holders are often on the older end, so they'd be exposed more often, and players would have an argument that they got the virus because they were kept working, so now they can sue.

Don't do fan events, and maybe don't have fans in the stands.

You guys know me, I try to work the situation given, but I don't really get what the priority of the leagues are here. The NHL (or any league) shouldn't suspend just because that's what everyone else is doing.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Rob the 18-19 Flu season saw 43M Americans get the virus with 650k hospitalized and 61k deaths. The season lasted 21 weeks which is longer than normal. So there was just over 2M new cases a week of the Flu last year. Last number I saw was less than 1500 cases and it's been about 2 weeks. So the amount of people getting this seems rather low at this point. And the number of total deaths are low but the % is high. But that rate is a bit skewed by the fact roughly half those deaths came from Washington where one nursing home had most of those victims. So patients that were old and already not in great health.

The flu test is available in every hospital and Dr's office so you can test anyone who wants it. This will obviously increase the number of cases with the flu while Covid isn't being tested frequently. So when they do get more tests done the numbers will shot up dramatically but are they going to reach the numbers that the Flu has? Again we don't shut anything down for the flu or put people on quarantine. So is there something they aren't telling us about this or are they just being overly cautious? I get being cautious but why? Again the flu hits large number of people, it hospitalizes a large number of people and it kills a decent amount. What am I missing?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Covid is more contagious than flu, not less. It tends to infect at least 2 other people versus 1.5 or so for the flu.

You clearly haven't been to Lightning games, Hose, because it's not just young healthy people going to them. There's plenty of elderly people whenever I go, including my dad who I normally go with. Why only sporting events? Because 20,000+ rolls of the dice of people who you may be in contact with is much higher than the 20 or so you might bump into in a pub or restaurant or bus ride. The math is that much worse. There's been cases were dozens of people got infected going to the same concert.

Most of the death comes from too many cases pouring in at once. Why are people being so resistant to the scientifically proven ideas of slowing it down?

What you're missing is that while flu kills many people and is more widespread, it doesn't happen all at once but over a long season. Watch and read about what's happening in Italy. It's horrific stuff. There's so many patients that appeared suddenly they have nowhere to treat them and they have to decide who dies because they can't take care of them all. It's about the speed of it going from zero cases to thousands in a matter of a couple weeks, not the particulars of the average person being infected.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I don't really see the point in shutting the NHL down. It's bad short-term PR, but it's PR.

Either they play until they get sick (which will likely be mild), and takes some time off, or everyone breaks and gets it individually. Teams already manage the flu. COVID is less contagious.

Fans have probably had the virus in the stands for weeks, but as soon as some players test positive, the NBA shuts everything down.

What I'm seeing is that season ticket holders are often on the older end, so they'd be exposed more often, and players would have an argument that they got the virus because they were kept working, so now they can sue.

Don't do fan events, and maybe don't have fans in the stands.

You guys know me, I try to work the situation given, but I don't really get what the priority of the leagues are here. The NHL (or any league) shouldn't suspend just because that's what everyone else is doing.

what happens when they play and somehow grandpa gets it??? and he dies? that is the concern if your a player not that it will kill you but that it will kill a loved one....

dallas mavs owner talked about it after game he fears for his mom who is 81....

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Rob the 18-19 Flu season saw 43M Americans get the virus with 650k hospitalized and 61k deaths. The season lasted 21 weeks which is longer than normal. So there was just over 2M new cases a week of the Flu last year. Last number I saw was less than 1500 cases and it's been about 2 weeks. So the amount of people getting this seems rather low at this point. And the number of total deaths are low but the % is high. But that rate is a bit skewed by the fact roughly half those deaths came from Washington where one nursing home had most of those victims. So patients that were old and already not in great health.

The flu test is available in every hospital and Dr's office so you can test anyone who wants it. This will obviously increase the number of cases with the flu while Covid isn't being tested frequently. So when they do get more tests done the numbers will shot up dramatically but are they going to reach the numbers that the Flu has? Again we don't shut anything down for the flu or put people on quarantine. So is there something they aren't telling us about this or are they just being overly cautious? I get being cautious but why? Again the flu hits large number of people, it hospitalizes a large number of people and it kills a decent amount. What am I missing?

The difference is that COVID-19 could be as contagious or more as the normal flu, but with the potential to kill 10x the people.

I don't think it will, because we are starting to practice social distancing, which is the enemy of the flu.

However, keep in mind that you are comparing an entire year's of fatalities to a couple months worth. Coronoavirus is just starting, we're only at the initial infection stage. COVID-19 has exponential growth. This will be the story of the year, not just the Spring.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

its up to 10 times more contageous hose is what scientist and health people are saying

problem right now is we are behind a month at least on identifying people with this virus..... why the numbers are not bad yet.... unfortunately i do not see everyone getting this yet.... i read that entire graph page its super scary numbers of what it could do here and probably will do here.... trump was gonna win next election but if 100k people die hes probably toast so im unsure the number needed but seeing how govt is acting and schools closing for 2 days when one student had the virus but then reopening etc...... no one gets it yet

i do see a full lockdown in america at one point.... what has happened in italy you can just times the number here before it overwhelms us.... the breathers? avail 2 years ago were 250 in us we could have 1000s of people needed these in a couple weeks.....

now covid does a swab its an initial test... its not 100% ive been told that takes up to 14 days to do the full testing to verify..... is only sooo many of these kits available

500k deaths is reachable based on population and clusters etc... that is the numbers cdc has submitted thats INSANE..... so yes im for shutdowns its just too many

is already arguments of how long this lasts too on steel plastic one person says 12 hours another says could stay on doornob for months..... we do not know how to handle this.... places doing well getting it to stop? they lockdowned.... took like 2 weeks to see numbers shift and get under control..... we are today already at that point.....

to understand how sad this is i have a friend has autoimmune issues and one kidney.... shes scared shes worth over 20 million dollars i believe.... i believe media is wrong on a lot of things but seeing italy scares me

i really believe by the numbers there is 40k to 80k individuals walking around in usa today with this virus.... so it hits a care home? you get a death cluster it hits a homeless place you get a cluster and a whole lotta death

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
what happens when they play and somehow grandpa gets it??? and he dies? that is the concern if your a player not that it will kill you but that it will kill a loved one....

dallas mavs owner talked about it after game he fears for his mom who is 81....
I don't want anyone to die, but I'm not sure where a sports league's responsibility begins and ends. People can be killed in car crashes on the way to and from the game, especially with the alcohol involved.

The leagues weren't shut down for H1N1 and that was devastating for older folks as well. The seasonal flu hits NHL arenas every season, and that has (smaller) risks, but as a society we shrug despite plenty of people dying from that.

I'm assuming this virus is going to go on long enough that 'suspending' means cancellation. If it was shutting down for 2-3 weeks, fine, but this is going to be several months.

I want teams to take precautions, I'm just not really in favor of shutting everything down.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I don't want anyone to die, but I'm not sure where a sports league's responsibility begins and ends. People can be killed in car crashes on the way to and from the game, especially with the alcohol involved.

The leagues weren't shut down for H1N1 and that was devastating for older folks as well. The seasonal flu hits NHL arenas every season, and that has (smaller) risks, but as a society we shrug despite plenty of people dying from that.

I'm assuming this virus is going to go on long enough that 'suspending' means cancellation. If it was shutting down for 2-3 weeks, fine, but this is going to be several months.

I want teams to take precautions, I'm just not really in favor of shutting everything down.
This season is toast if they project this to last 3-7 months and they expect 40-70 percent of Americans to get the virus

Reactions: Felonious Python

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
heard from a friend someone in wuhan who takes care of people says they cannot keep up with the deaths still today is too many to bury or cremate etc... she said the numbers are all way lower then the actual amount..... good news if is any is usa does have more ways to help so should not be italy 5 % deaths right now it should be along the 1% numbers when they all finally come in.....

thing is how fast it spreads and how long till it goes away? on a surface etc.... so can be safe.... as all said wash hands drink a lot of water..... if like me stay at home:) pray? etc....

the real risk is this goes to lungs 20 percent die yearly 50k people of pneumonia this directly can cause pneumonia so it sucks......

not sure of h1n1 what that effected just knew i lost a couple buddies while was in cali to it here... didnt watch much was starting a business etc... very busy plus was cali so i had to live it up sushi every other day dates partner had arena football team in san diego at san diego state so met fans handed out flyers before games etc... etc.. lol... i was really busy....

maybe this is hitting me cause of dad and thanks for those whom have said sorry etc... he was a man i didnt think could die that easy but he had pneumonia and he was just gone... never sick guy never missed work tough bigger then life sort.... was a shock.... so this is pneumonia bearing so its really depressing to me

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
heard from a friend someone in wuhan who takes care of people says they cannot keep up with the deaths still today is too many to bury or cremate etc... she said the numbers are all way lower then the actual amount..... good news if is any is usa does have more ways to help so should not be italy 5 % deaths right now it should be along the 1% numbers when they all finally come in.....

thing is how fast it spreads and how long till it goes away? on a surface etc.... so can be safe.... as all said wash hands drink a lot of water..... if like me stay at home:) pray? etc....

the real risk is this goes to lungs 20 percent die yearly 50k people of pneumonia this directly can cause pneumonia so it sucks......

not sure of h1n1 what that effected just knew i lost a couple buddies while was in cali to it here... didnt watch much was starting a business etc... very busy plus was cali so i had to live it up sushi every other day dates partner had arena football team in san diego at san diego state so met fans handed out flyers before games etc... etc.. lol... i was really busy....

maybe this is hitting me cause of dad and thanks for those whom have said sorry etc... he was a man i didnt think could die that easy but he had pneumonia and he was just gone... never sick guy never missed work tough bigger then life sort.... was a shock.... so this is pneumonia bearing so its really depressing to me

ya sorry man pneumonia is bad for people older in that 60-70 plus age range

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

The number of Italian deaths is being driven by the age of the population.
Italy’s large elderly population bearing brunt of coronavirus
Americans are aging, but not as fast as people in Germany, Italy and Japan

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Reactions: Felonious Python

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad