Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 NHL Season officially suspended due to COVID-19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Sorry but I'll take the word of someone living the reality in Italy over someone who's just guessing and downplaying everything.

Best case scenario is this delays the playoffs just long enough for everyone to get healthy and then Cooper has no excuses.
I also think another think.
Imagine that, for real, COVID is nothing more than a normal flu.
And so why have we shut down more or less the entire country?
Why have the other countries suspended the hockey leagues?
Why has Mr. Trump asked for much money to fight this virus?
Why has the NBA postponed the entire season?
Why has the China built 14 new hospital (now closed, fortunately) and put under a quarantine an entire region?
Why has the Paris Saint German played with closed doors?

Following your ideas, it's clear that both the politicians and the government are completely crazy and idiots.
Because, why have they shut down everything if the virus is not so dangerous?
Why do the entire world want to lose an absurd amount of money because of a normal flu...?

And so it's another reason to think that COVID-19 is not a normal flu.

Reactions: Hoek

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The Spanish Flu killed more people in 25 weeks than AIDS did in 25 years and hundreds of millions were affected. That is what cancelled the season. The outbreak of COVID-19 is microscopic in comparison and disproportionately kills the very elderly and very young. You can suspend the season for safety of everyone. But for anyone who is actually worried, this is gonna pass. I don't exactly feel great right now but if for any reason I did have the virus, I like my odds. Any NHL player should too. The Spanish flu epidemic of 100 years ago was unique because it killed healthy adults.

Empty arenas are likely enough of a safety measure.

im a tough son of a bitch as stated when this first started thing is its lung virus basically so its pnemonia killed my dad jan 8th :( he was 71 and he was tougher then me and never SICK... im always sick..... i get the numbers im super high risk.... i dont want people dying if somehow can be prevented.... I think id kick this virus ass lol..... dont want to find out though:)..... well good news if suspend? even if no make up on games we in the playoffs? id think so lets goooo

i just want people to be safe.... ive seen families lose enough one more is too much basically if can do something positive to stop.... i hope taking steps kills this etc....

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
im a tough son of a bitch as stated when this first started thing is its lung virus basically so its pnemonia killed my dad jan 8th :( he was 71 and he was tougher then me and never SICK... im always sick..... i get the numbers im super high risk.... i dont want people dying if somehow can be prevented.... I think id kick this virus ass lol..... dont want to find out though:)..... well good news if suspend? even if no make up on games we in the playoffs? id think so lets goooo

i just want people to be safe.... ive seen families lose enough one more is too much basically if can do something positive to stop.... i hope taking steps kills this etc....

I'm sorry for your loss Robert.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Either I misunderstood some posts you made before or your opinion has changed

changed im scared 200 people died in one day in italy is a lot worse then i believed it could or would get... im high risk seriously high risk

im already fighting onset of diabetes have that about under control but been two weeks of hell ive had other viruses in last 6 months i need a break and I do NOT want anyone dying if shutting down some things can fix this etc... im ok with it....

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

I'm sorry :( :( :( :( :( :(

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
h1n1? swine flu spanish flu whatever i think hit 60 million americans i lost two friends i guess hmm 2008?2009? was a very bad time if it touched you....

i dont know if this is worse what I do say is we do not know true numbers and when they come out?? its probably gonna be a lot more scary the coming days

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
A fully healthy Stanley cup playoff that will finally allow us to see the full potential of this talented team: the inability to win a first round series fully healthy. Hes done it everyone. A hand. A hand for cooper.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yes but this COVID-19 is not a "simple flu"...

I never said it was. But the way it's being portrayed it's worse than Ebola. Ebola had a 40% mortality rate, this is less than 4% and when all the numbers come in probably down to 2% in the end. So yes stronger than the flu which kills at a 0.5-1% rate. But why sporting events? They haven't closed down subways, airports, malls or other large areas with lots of people. This is more dangerous for young children and the elderly. I haven't seen schools being shut down, visitation to nursing homes or hospitals hasn't been suspended. Where are the measures to keep those who are most likely to have the worse outcomes not been put in place? Banning sporting events where the crowd is most likely of the age and health where they won't be severely sick makes no sense.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I never said it was. But the way it's being portrayed it's worse than Ebola. Ebola had a 40% mortality rate, this is less than 4% and when all the numbers come in probably down to 2% in the end. So yes stronger than the flu which kills at a 0.5-1% rate. But why sporting events? They haven't closed down subways, airports, malls or other large areas with lots of people. This is more dangerous for young children and the elderly. I haven't seen schools being shut down, visitation to nursing homes or hospitals hasn't been suspended. Where are the measures to keep those who are most likely to have the worse outcomes not been put in place? Banning sporting events where the crowd is most likely of the age and health where they won't be severely sick makes no sense.
They’re uhhhh trying to contain it to mitigate the stress on the healthcare Industry which would lead to further h necessary deaths.

you don’t have to be in a mortal age group to spread the virus to others that are.

Where’s the charts to show this to hose? Who’s got them? Who’s got the charts and graphs?

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
It does not make sense to close the building but not to shut down for example the pubs, the restaurant and the subways. In this case I agree with you: also here, in Italy, we've shut down the country for sure, but the public transportation is still available. And that's absurd. Imho, the best solution is doing what China did: in Wuhan, they've closed everything but the pharmacies/drugstores (sorry, I don't know the right word...) and the food stores. So, in 2-3 weeks, it seems that in the Hubei region, the problem is near to be completely solved.
Here, the schools and the universities are closed. In your country they've to. Because if the number of infected become higher, it's a big problem.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
is targeted areas with known cases being shut down for schools etc... is simple we are NOT all on same page yet but trump suspending most of european travel cargo etc... for a full month etc...? ya its changing hourly honestly expect big changes by weekend... is letting some uk movement to usa so far with restrictions not sure what those are.... but stopping import export to rest of europe is something id never thought id see in my lifetime...

no thank god this is not ebola.... people over 80 get hit hard for this 60 or higher usually need hospital help meaning breathing equipment the problem ??? WE and NO ONE else is keeping up with the breathing equipment this is moving so fast its affecting us getting ahead of it and everyone else.... i doubt we will see a cure ever so we need to kill it off if possible...id expect more and more schools to announce closings by weekend

usf and gators already have all classes moving online by monday.......italy has shot down major stores shops etc... just small necessity places open.... we are trying to get ahead of this it might be too late though...
our govt was asleep like me its not affecting me its happening over there etc... well i was wrong ill admit it

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Can you believe that the league is shutting down in what was suppose to be “our year”

This effects everything. The trades we made, the players leaving in the off-season. EVERYTHING

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
They're going to suspend the season until all our hurt players are healthy. We win the Cup. Cooper retires and goes back to being a lawyer. We hire a competent coach and win 3 more Cups in a row. The end.

hey we will have no excuses lol at least we will be fully healthy when the playoffs start up even stamkos could be back then

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They’re uhhhh trying to contain it to mitigate the stress on the healthcare Industry which would lead to further h necessary deaths.

you don’t have to be in a mortal age group to spread the virus to others that are.

Where’s the charts to show this to hose? Who’s got them? Who’s got the charts and graphs?

But sensationalizing it makes the strain on the health care system worse because now everyone with a cough thinks they're going to die. A lot of Hospitals aren't even testing for Covid unless you meet certain criteria anyway so you may not even know if you had it or not. If people used the healthcare industry appropriately there wouldn't be a strain on it but they use it like it's their primary care physician which is what's causing the strain.

Again you can spread the regular flu being of a healthy age too but they never banned fans from arenas when H1N1 was going around. The regular flu can kill and elderly person or even a child just as much as this can yet they don't shut places down for that.

Again it's all common sense stuff. Wash your hands as much as possible and especially after using the bathroom, sneezing or blowing your nose. If you are sick and can stay home and rest then do that instead of going out in public. If you have a cough it's probably best to not go to grandma's for Sunday night dinner this week. And if grandma wants to see her grandkids even if they're sick then she has to know she can get sick too.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
is targeted areas with known cases being shut down for schools etc... is simple we are NOT all on same page yet but trump suspending most of european travel cargo etc... for a full month etc...? ya its changing hourly honestly expect big changes by weekend... is letting some uk movement to usa so far with restrictions not sure what those are.... but stopping import export to rest of europe is something id never thought id see in my lifetime...

no thank god this is not ebola.... people over 80 get hit hard for this 60 or higher usually need hospital help meaning breathing equipment the problem ??? WE and NO ONE else is keeping up with the breathing equipment this is moving so fast its affecting us getting ahead of it and everyone else.... i doubt we will see a cure ever so we need to kill it off if possible...id expect more and more schools to announce closings by weekend

usf and gators already have all classes moving online by monday.......italy has shot down major stores shops etc... just small necessity places open.... we are trying to get ahead of this it might be too late though...
our govt was asleep like me its not affecting me its happening over there etc... well i was wrong ill admit it

I get the suspending of travel from certain countries. You don't know who's coming in and who've they've been in contact with. The story out of St. Louis where a girl was just in Milan, got sick, was told to quarantine but ignored it and decided to go to a dance. You can't control what everyone will do once they land so you need to control it somehow and just not letting them in is a good start.

We probably won't ever see a cure because it's a virus and we don't have cures for viruses, just ways to suppress the symptoms until the body fights it off and rids it. As for breathing equipment there just isn't enough because there isn't a need most of the time. There's just not enough money to go out and build all these machines that will sit idle once this passes. They also don't have enough respiratory therapists to work the machines. What they'll have to do if it comes to this is determine who needs it the most and unfortunately someone who needs it won't get it.

Are they banning those kids from leaving their dorm or housing? You think thousands of college kids are going to sit at home all day playing xbox and watching TV? They are going to be having parties or meeting up places, they are going to be coming in contact with each other. It may not be in a classroom but they aren't going to be self quarantining if they don't have to.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I get the suspending of travel from certain countries. You don't know who's coming in and who've they've been in contact with. The story out of St. Louis where a girl was just in Milan, got sick, was told to quarantine but ignored it and decided to go to a dance. You can't control what everyone will do once they land so you need to control it somehow and just not letting them in is a good start.

We probably won't ever see a cure because it's a virus and we don't have cures for viruses, just ways to suppress the symptoms until the body fights it off and rids it. As for breathing equipment there just isn't enough because there isn't a need most of the time. There's just not enough money to go out and build all these machines that will sit idle once this passes. They also don't have enough respiratory therapists to work the machines. What they'll have to do if it comes to this is determine who needs it the most and unfortunately someone who needs it won't get it.

Are they banning those kids from leaving their dorm or housing? You think thousands of college kids are going to sit at home all day playing xbox and watching TV? They are going to be having parties or meeting up places, they are going to be coming in contact with each other. It may not be in a classroom but they aren't going to be self quarantining if they don't have to.

this is the whole issue tonight head coach NEBRASKA decided yep got the flu but im coaching they finally got him off bench he was a mess and only has the flu... PEOPLE DONT LISTEN that is the issue hose.... they gonna do whatever the hell they want with americas wont affect me attitude......

place where i was born just announced first case of a patient.... again its already everywhere ....

as far as not testing yep and 3-4 days ago dr's in ER's across america were sending people home with zpacs and not testing telling people NOT to come in etc...

if you can shut down things for a a couple weeks to a month and get under control and save lives its actually a good thing to me....

nhl per sources on nhl network looking at shut down for 2-3 weeks...... not good news on toronto raptors and basketball teams doing self quarantine of 2 weeks.....we as a team in same boat we played same teams in same arenas etc... even though we hockey they basketball.....

i just hope this saves some lives....

p.s. im drinking more water and doing tests daily breathing etc.. just like south korea dr's are suggestion i wont be going out for a bit or as long as possible just hope it doesnt make it home to me....

thing is the kids are where to me its very scary they always sick in schools with something.... i really hope schools follow cause i really for one dont want this shit

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
this is the whole issue tonight head coach NEBRASKA decided yep got the flu but im coaching they finally got him off bench he was a mess and only has the flu... PEOPLE DONT LISTEN that is the issue hose.... they gonna do whatever the hell they want with americas wont affect me attitude......

place where i was born just announced first case of a patient.... again its already everywhere ....

as far as not testing yep and 3-4 days ago dr's in ER's across america were sending people home with zpacs and not testing telling people NOT to come in etc...

if you can shut down things for a a couple weeks to a month and get under control and save lives its actually a good thing to me....

nhl per sources on nhl network looking at shut down for 2-3 weeks...... not good news on toronto raptors and basketball teams doing self quarantine of 2 weeks.....we as a team in same boat we played same teams in same arenas etc... even though we hockey they basketball.....

i just hope this saves some lives....

p.s. im drinking more water and doing tests daily breathing etc.. just like south korea dr's are suggestion i wont be going out for a bit or as long as possible just hope it doesnt make it home to me....

thing is the kids are where to me its very scary they always sick in schools with something.... i really hope schools follow cause i really for one dont want this shit

I saw a clip of the coach on the bench. You can still live a normal life if you have the flu but wear a friggin mask if you're going to be around that many people. He was completely wiped from the flu so he shouldn't have been out there. He could've still came to the game and talked to the team before hand but sat in the locker during the game. If he had the mask on, didn't try to hug his players and washed his hands before touching anything he probably doesn't spread it to anyone. Walking around as shitty as he looked without a mask and he's putting people at risk.

What are the Dr's supposed to do? The testing takes days so you can't keep everyone there waiting for results. Not everyone with symptoms has Covid, there's still plenty of regular flu going around. So Zpacks and Tamiflu are a way to alleviate your symptoms and speed recovery. If you are between 20 and 60, with a good health history and minor symptoms why go to the ER? Tamiflu and Zpacks don't eliminate the flu they suppress the symptoms so rest and trying to remain hydrated while eating if possible is the best way to improve. So Dr's telling you to stay home is smart, it keeps rooms open for sicker pts and it doesn't bring more people who are sick around those who are older and much sicker.

I got three kids now with one only 5 months old, the other two have Asthma and the oldest has a slightly compromised immune system. We have two nebulizers in the house. They go to Daycare where there's kids sick all the time. They are extremely susceptible to the regular flu and to Covid but we are still living our lives. We went to Legoland yesterday, we go take them out in public not lock them up. But we make sure we have plenty of wipes, we wash their hands and have hand sanitizer. If you do standard health precautions this shit wouldn't get so out of hand. The government shouldn't have to tell you to stay home if your contagious and how to wash your hands, that's on our stupidity.

Reactions: Todd1a

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad