Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 NHL Season officially suspended due to COVID-19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
ncaa now added not just march madness that games tournaments starting as soon as tomorrow will be closed to public

univ of michigan canceled spring practice and no recruiting visits moving forward april 22nd was spring practice start

univ of florida is doing similar things and telling everyone to do online and them and USF are saying all classes will be moving to online for now moving forward

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Not only the North of Italy is on lockdown.
The entire country is shut down.
And yes, we've noticed the first case of positivity in a soccer team: it's Daniele Rugani, a Juventus dman (Turin team...where I live).

1) Again with the shit that "It'S a NoRmAl fLu"?
2) Stop/postpone everything...before it's too late.

Reactions: Hoek

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Are Malls shut down? Movie theaters? Why is there an attack on sporting events? This is a common sense situation that people don't want to use common sense with. If you have the regular flu you should be staying home, resting and hydrating. If you have symptoms of the flu or Covid, which are the same, you need to stay home, rest and hydrate. The problem is nobody wants to be told what to do and they feel like living their normal life is the way to go. So people with symptoms think they can just pop a dayquil and go on about their day.

When you go out in public on a regular you never know who or what you can come in contact with. You take a risk that no one at the movie theater is sick or the person serving your food doesn't have a symptom. If you just do proper hygiene, self quarantine if you think you might be sick or have been in contact with those that are sick and be honest with medical professionals if asked about where you've been or who you have been in contact with this wouldn't be as big an issue. I don't see why we need to go on lockdown for this. If I go to a lightning game tomorrow there's a chance I can get sick from the regular flu from another fan, there's a chance I can get hit with a puck while in the stands or into a wreck on the way to the game.

If they want to play without fans that's fine but they should still play the games. They don't shut down the league when a team gets hit with the flu bug, they didn't shut down when the Mumps hit. If a player is affected do what they do with all normal people and quarantine them and test those they've been in contact with. Shutting down the season makes no sense, if the players aren't affected, if the staff, the arena personnel and everyone who makes the game run aren't then they should play. If Yanni Gourde gets the virus it isn't going to infect the entire Tampa area. The way they're trying to shut everything down you'd think that one person having it would get all 18k people in the arena sick as well.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
So the NHL goes empty arena? What happens when a player gets sick? The NHL will be shut down

No Stanley Cup this year...............

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
So the NHL goes empty arena? What happens when a player gets sick? The NHL will be shut down

No Stanley Cup this year...............
Yes, NHL will be shut down.
One thing I've learnt is that we've to wait for a major event before take the hardest decisions...
In Italy, a Serie A player is infected...and maybe in the next day, we'll have more news about the Serie A and the Champions League.
Here, in the NHL, fortunately, till now, nobody is infected...But it's stupid to wait, imho.
But I know that "pecunia non olet", as the Latins said.

PS: also Tom Hanks is positive to the virus test.
PPS: NBA game between Jazz and OKC is postponed : Gobert and Mudiay need a test for the virus.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yes, NHL will be shut down.
One thing I've learnt is that we've to wait for a major event before take the hardest decisions...
In Italy, a Serie A player is infected...and maybe in the next day, we'll have more news about the Serie A and the Champions League.
Here, in the NHL, fortunately, till now, nobody is infected...But it's stupid to wait, imho.
But I know that "pecunia non olet", as the Latins said.

PS: also Tom Hanks is positive to the virus test.
PPS: NBA game between Jazz and OKC is postponed : Gobert and Mudiay need a test for the virus.

Why are they shutting down because one Serie A player has the virus? It's highly unlikely that he will transmit the virus to the rest of the league or the fans at the games. Just quarantine him like you would if he had the flu and test those he's been in contact with. It's not like he has Ebola. Tom Hanks isn't going to give you Covid 19 through the screen if you watch one of his movies.

I get wanting to contain the spread of the virus by limiting large gatherings where it can affect a greater number of people. But schools are still open. I can go to the grocery store and be surrounded by people that may have it, I can buy products that may have been touched by someone who has the virus. Why are sporting events being the ones that seem to be getting hit the hardest. I can book a Caribbean cruise right now and sail tomorrow. I can go to Disney in the morning and be around thousands of people from all over the world. I don't even have intentions on going to any games in the near future, I just would prefer that they didn't shut down all sports for the month when they allow other venues to be open that you can come into contact with someone at.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Why are they shutting down because one Serie A player has the virus? It's highly unlikely that he will transmit the virus to the rest of the league or the fans at the games. Just quarantine him like you would if he had the flu and test those he's been in contact with. It's not like he has Ebola. Tom Hanks isn't going to give you Covid 19 through the screen if you watch one of his movies.

I get wanting to contain the spread of the virus by limiting large gatherings where it can affect a greater number of people. But schools are still open. I can go to the grocery store and be surrounded by people that may have it, I can buy products that may have been touched by someone who has the virus. Why are sporting events being the ones that seem to be getting hit the hardest. I can book a Caribbean cruise right now and sail tomorrow. I can go to Disney in the morning and be around thousands of people from all over the world. I don't even have intentions on going to any games in the near future, I just would prefer that they didn't shut down all sports for the month when they allow other venues to be open that you can come into contact with someone at.
They want to avoid the large groups of people, in one single place.
In we're in a stadium with 50k people...and if inside the stadium there 2-3 infected, the disaster could be very big.
We've shut down not only the Serie A. also the pubs, the restaurant, the normal shops, the cinemas and the theaters.

Reactions: Felonious Python

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We weren't going to before coronavirus.
Now you're just taking it too far. With the exception of last year we've mailed in every regular season post Cup final. It doesn't mean we wouldn't have done well.

Idc if they gotta have empty rinks for a while. Keep the season going.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They want to avoid the large groups of people, in one single place.
In we're in a stadium with 50k people...and if inside the stadium there 2-3 infected, the disaster could be very big.
We've shut down not only the Serie A. also the pubs, the restaurant, the normal shops, the cinemas and the theaters.

You really think 2-3 people would be able to infect 50k during a 2 hour game? You don't think that during previous years there wasn't 2-3 people at the game with a common cold, the flu, strep throat or some other virus that could be spread too?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You really think 2-3 people would be able to infect 50k during a 2 hour game? You don't think that during previous years there wasn't 2-3 people at the game with a common cold, the flu, strep throat or some other virus that could be spread too?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
if player has virus they are and all in contact should be per cdc quarantined up to 14 days.....

this is why shut downs i expect schools to follow this is rampant throughout all countries probably canada usa etc... our numbers went this weekend from a few handful of cases to 4k yesterday over 10k and no real numbers coming out today

new york city had the biggest growth and is second most people to seattle but is NO number given its already everywhere

im good for a month down get stamkos back....is sad as hell for sure... but i dont want one person dying that didnt need to by this or anything else.... the numbers say this stays longer on surfaces is eaasier to pass etc...

big concern is we might have it as team jazz played in same stadium recently played detroit and boston right before we did in basketball etc...

its scary im on lockdown and praying that they take the kids out of school for now keep them here instead of bringing this to me whom is high high high risk

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Sorry but I'll take the word of someone living the reality in Italy over someone who's just guessing and downplaying everything.

Best case scenario is this delays the playoffs just long enough for everyone to get healthy and then Cooper has no excuses.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Spanish Flu killed more people in 25 weeks than AIDS did in 25 years and hundreds of millions were affected. That is what cancelled the season. The outbreak of COVID-19 is microscopic in comparison and disproportionately kills the very elderly and very young. You can suspend the season for safety of everyone. But for anyone who is actually worried, this is gonna pass. I don't exactly feel great right now but if for any reason I did have the virus, I like my odds. Any NHL player should too. The Spanish flu epidemic of 100 years ago was unique because it killed healthy adults.

Empty arenas are likely enough of a safety measure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad