Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I really hope Dubas comes out randomly and says they arent trading Nylander just so I wont have to hear this garbage again.

The leafs will be fine with getting rid of Kadri and one of Kapanen/Johnsson

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Joki can't rip it like Mitchell

Doesn't skate as well as this either

Mitchell does have heavier shot but HJ gets his shot through. Neither will be on PP1 so that doesn't really matter (Boqvist will be). Both skate really well (I would rate them similar). Joker rates as a better prospects and in most redrafts moves into the top 10 while Mitchell just moves into the first round.

Neither project to score a lot of goals to me.

Joker was better at the WJ U20 this season and was damn good in Rockford.

Take it for what it is worth but HJ far out ranks Mitchell in NHLe.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I hope this team does not pay Ryan Dzingel but for some reason I feel like we will

I was high on Dzingel earlier this year based on the odd Ottawa game I would catch - but since being traded to Columbus I have soured on him to the point where I hope Stan doesn't blow cap space on him. If he could be signed for $2M - then fine, but I doubt he will sign for that.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Id be okay with Dzingel in the neighborhood of 3-4 mil, maybe 4 or 5 years. Nothing crazy. But I am also biased because I played with the kid.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think Bowman is seeing Kubalik at the worlds, and it's making him feel good about not having to sign a big free agent. Play it smart Stan.
Same thing happened with Kahun. Stan caught a lot of flak for only signing Ward, Manning, and Kunitz, but people forgot that he also added Kahun who is better than all those guys combined. And of course Ward and Kunitz were only on 1 year deals and Manning got turned into Caggiula.

Stan won't need to acquire any top 6 forwards in free agency this summer.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think Bowman is seeing Kubalik at the worlds, and it's making him feel good about not having to sign a big free agent. Play it smart Stan.

I don't think he needs a big fish free agent but I would like to see him sign two guys preferably one D and one C/W for a combined 7-8 mill per. Guys that fill important but not spectacular roles...

Unless Crows health is a major concern and if that is the case perhaps he has to find a goalie in place of one of those two I mentioned above.

the Finn goalie Lankinen looks good, I wonder if he and Delia would suffice of Crow is not healthy

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't think he needs a big fish free agent but I would like to see him sign two guys preferably one D and one C/W for a combined 7-8 mill per. Guys that fill important but not spectacular roles...

Unless Crows health is a major concern and if that is the case perhaps he has to find a goalie in place of one of those two I mentioned above.

the Finn goalie Lankinen looks good, I wonder if he and Delia would suffice of Crow is not healthy
Nemeth + Tanev would suffice

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nemeth + Tanev would suffice

someone has to play C though...if its Anisimov it has to be as Kane's C...unless both Kahun and Kampf are going to play C or Cagguilla plays C or if a youngster like Kurashev plays well enough and earns a C spot.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
someone has to play C though...if its Anisimov it has to be as Kane's C...unless both Kahun and Kampf are going to play C or Cagguilla plays C or if a youngster like Kurashev plays well enough and earns a C spot.
Why wouldn’t Kampf be playing center? When healthy he’s a pretty ideal fourth line guy.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Toews, Strome, Anisimov, Kampf. Caggiula and Kahun can play center. Kurashev could make the team. Don't see a problem, buy they could sign Brassard for cheap if needed.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Toews, Strome, Anisimov, Kampf. Caggiula and Kahun can play center. Kurashev could make the team. Don't see a problem, buy they could sign Brassard for cheap if needed.

ya I had been thinking of Brassard as well and to be honest I would not be disappointed if he was signed but that would mean that Anisimov is gone which I want....unless AA plays as Kaners C.

I have always wanted JC to try Caggiula at C but I am not sure that he will. I know Kahun can play C and he is actually quite good at as he is responsible defensively, I do think Kurashev can make the roster however I am not sure it would be as a C being so young, he would likely start as a winger IMO.

I have a hunch that JC is going to give every chance for Kampf to play a top 9 C role ( he thinks Kampf has some untapped offensive potential) and find someone else to slot in at 4C. I figure JC will like to see how Kubalik-Kampf-???? works

I think JC may try something like this.

????-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-????
Kubalik-Kampf-????
?????-Kahun-?????

????? = Saad, Cagguila, Kurashev, Perlini, Sikura, Wedden, Highmore, Hayden, FA

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
ya I had been thinking of Brassard as well and to be honest I would not be disappointed if he was signed but that would mean that Anisimov is gone which I want....unless AA plays as Kaners C.

I have always wanted JC to try Caggiula at C but I am not sure that he will. I know Kahun can play C and he is actually quite good at as he is responsible defensively, I do think Kurashev can make the roster however I am not sure it would be as a C being so young, he would likely start as a winger IMO.

I have a hunch that JC is going to give every chance for Kampf to play a top 9 C role ( he thinks Kampf has some untapped offensive potential) and find someone else to slot in at 4C. I figure JC will like to see how Kubalik-Kampf-???? works

I think JC may try something like this.

????-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-????
Kubalik-Kampf-????
?????-Kahun-?????

????? = Saad, Cagguila, Kurashev, Perlini, Sikura, Wedden, Highmore, Hayden, FA
I have no issue with Anisimov moving. I think he should be packaged with Perlini for picks at the draft. Could always sign Brassard to an expensive 1 year deal since we'll have a ton of cap space and it'll expire prior to re-signing Strome and Cat. So whether he works out or not it won't matter, but personally I think Brassard would fit well.

Sikura-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Saad
Kubalik-Brassard-Kahun
Caggiula-Kampf-Wedin

Edit: if Pavelski hits free agency, sign him to a fat 1 year deal instead. Like a big 1 year deal at 10M.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have no issue with Anisimov moving. I think he should be packaged with Perlini for picks at the draft. Could always sign Brassard to an expensive 1 year deal since we'll have a ton of cap space and it'll expire prior to re-signing Strome and Cat. So whether he works out or not it won't matter, but personally I think Brassard would fit well.

Sikura-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Saad
Kubalik-Brassard-Kahun
Caggiula-Kampf-Wedin

Edit: if Pavelski hits free agency, sign him to a fat 1 year deal instead. Like a big 1 year deal at 10M.
I actually think Pavelski becomes one of our top targets as his term fits our need- 3 years max, and the way he plays fits everything we lack as well. 3 years @7 mil is something we can definitely do and that means AA getting moved, but the upgrade between Pavelski and AA is huge. Pavs plays both C/LW/RW same as Nelson did...

Dominik Kubalik - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Alex DeBrincat - Dylan Strome - Dylan Sikura/Brendan Perlini
Brandon Saad - Joe Pavelski - Dominik Kahun
Drake Caggiula - David Kampf - Brandon Tanev

Duncan Keith - Henri Jokiharju
Bowen Byram - Connor Murphy
Gus Forsling - Erik Gustafsson
Brent Seabrook

Corey Crawford
Collin Delia

Kurashev - first call up
Boqvist - AHL - first call up
Entwistle - 2nd call up

Pavelski 3 years @ 7mil
Tanev - 3 years @ 2.25 mil

my honest belief is Gus is will be odd man out at the deadline as he will simply become unaffordable and with the kids on the way, he will fetch another 1st back in 2020...I don't want to lose Gus, but I just don't think we can keep him if he doesn't sign before the season starts.

this team turns into a Central favorite overnight...

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Sikura-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Saad
Kubalik-Brassard-Kahun
Caggiula-Kampf-Wedin

swap Caggiula and Kahun and I like that better

I actually think Pavelski becomes one of our top targets as his term fits our need- 3 years max, and the way he plays fits everything we lack as well. 3 years @7 mil is something we can definitely do and that means AA getting moved, but the upgrade between Pavelski and AA is huge. Pavs plays both C/LW/RW same as Nelson did...

Dominik Kubalik - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Alex DeBrincat - Dylan Strome - Dylan Sikura/Brendan Perlini
Brandon Saad - Joe Pavelski - Dominik Kahun
Drake Caggiula - David Kampf - Brandon Tanev

Duncan Keith - Henri Jokiharju
Bowen Byram - Connor Murphy
Gus Forsling - Erik Gustafsson
Brent Seabrook

Corey Crawford
Collin Delia

Kurashev - first call up
Boqvist - AHL - first call up
Entwistle - 2nd call up

Pavelski 3 years @ 7mil
Tanev - 3 years @ 2.25 mil

my honest belief is Gus is will be odd man out at the deadline as he will simply become unaffordable and with the kids on the way, he will fetch another 1st back in 2020...I don't want to lose Gus, but I just don't think we can keep him if he doesn't sign before the season starts.

this team turns into a Central favorite overnight...

not sure about Central favourite with Crow/Delia and the anchor Seabrook but certainly in a better spot than the last few years.

and yes pavelski over brassard for me I don't see little Joe leaving Silicon Valley though....

not sure why Tanev would sign a term of 3 years....

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

not sure about Central favourite with Crow/Delia and the anchor Seabrook but certainly in a better spot than the last few years.

and yes pavelski over brassard for me I don't see little Joe leaving Silicon Valley though....

not sure why Tanev would sign a term of 3 years....
I like Caggiula more in a 4th line role than Kahun - Kahun has more to give and putting him with Saad and Pavelski opens up a lot of ice for him.

Tanev signing 3 years seems right- do you think he signs for less or more years?

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Would it be insane to try to trade for McDonagh? If Karlsson really ends up going down to Tampa they’re going to need to shed major salary. McDonagh is 29 but just put up 46 points and would look nice next to Murphy on the 2nd pairing.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Would it be insane to try to trade for McDonagh? If Karlsson really ends up going down to Tampa they’re going to need to shed major salary. McDonagh is 29 but just put up 46 points and would look nice next to Murphy on the 2nd pairing.

He’d be great. The issue is the return. The Hawks should probably hold onto their 1sts to avoid an Ottawa situation.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
He’d be great. The issue is the return. The Hawks should probably hold onto their 1sts to avoid an Ottawa situation.

The initial trade was a first, conditional second, Howden, Namestikov, and some prospect going the other way for JT Miller and McD.

If the Hawks take back Callahan and send the 2019 2nd round pick, what else needs to be added to bridge the gap? Beaudin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad