Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
BWC - I get the want for AP but is it the best way to spend the cash?

I would prefer to trade AA then sign Matt D for 7x8. This removes some cost and improves our depth down the middle. Thoughts?

Duchene is getting more then that as UFA and well I know what Panarin brings and think that when this D matures in coming years having him in his prime will be big thing

I expect he will land in Florida but 11M x 7 from Hawks might get him to come here instead

My original thoughts were to dump AA for mid round pick and bring in a better C option such as Nelson but I expect Nelson will get way too much in UFA

I am open to trading Saad because I am not sure which Saad we will get next year and I think he is likely a trade candidate in a year anyway with Debrincat + Strome extensions coming

Getting Isles 1st would be good grab in this coming draft if there is someone Hawks like late and we do need some more talent up front in coming years in system

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Duchene is getting more then that as UFA and well I know what Panarin brings and think that when this D matures in coming years having him in his prime will be big thing

I expect he will land in Florida but 11M x 7 from Hawks might get him to come here instead

My original thoughts were to dump AA for mid round pick and bring in a better C option such as Nelson but I expect Nelson will get way too much in UFA

I am open to trading Saad because I am not sure which Saad we will get next year and I think he is likely a trade candidate in a year anyway with Debrincat + Strome extensions coming

Getting Isles 1st would be good grab in this coming draft if there is someone Hawks like late and we do need some more talent up front in coming years in system
If we sign Panarin, we need to have a trade in place for Anisimov and confident a compliance buyout will be included in the new CBA. If not, we have to trade Saad within the next year and not to be stuck with that contract in 2020. We need to re sign both Cat and Strome. Gus might also have to be moved depending on his contract demands.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Under my scenario we trade Saad this summer and our cap situation is not in bad shape at all going forward with Crawford (6M) + Anisimov/Murphy contracts coming off books in coming years (And eventually the Keith/Kane/Toews contracts)

Seabrook being bought out in 2021 is my expectation

Hawks are actually in real good shape to make a major splash and still have cap room going forward

And I don't see reason to extend Gus with kids coming down pipeline + He needs to prove it wasn't fluke his offensive production and improve defensively to make a longterm deal make sense

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Under my scenario we trade Saad this summer and our cap situation is not in bad shape at all going forward with Crawford (6M) + Anisimov/Murphy contracts coming off books in coming years (And eventually the Keith/Kane/Toews contracts)

Seabrook being bought out in 2021 is my expectation

Hawks are actually in real good shape to make a major splash and still have cap room going forward

And I don't see reason to extend Gus with kids coming down pipeline + He needs to prove it wasn't fluke his offensive production and improve defensively to make a longterm deal make sense
If we can get rid of Anisimov and Saad's contracts by the time we have to re sign Cat and Strome ... that sounds about right to sign Panarin.

As long as Gus' demand aren't ludicrous, we could try to sign him to a decent 3 year deal as long as we feel a compliance buyout is more than likely for Seabrook. If Gus demands too much, we need to trade him before the deadline.

We can get rid of Crow's contract, but we still need to find a very capable replacement. Delia has much more to prove.

I'm counting on Murphy, Keith, Kane, Toews, as part of the core for at least 4 more years ... along with Cat and Strome. Keith might only be a 3rd pairing in 2 years, but we'll need his veteran leadership on the blueline. We still need Gus for now ... until some of the younger DMen prove their ilk in the higher levels.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
I think we could get Duchene for around 8.5 X 7 which would make us a lot better team IMO and we would have enough money for Strome and Cats next contract.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
To CLB -
Anisimov, Perlini, Forsling

To CHI -
Rights to Duchene, CLB 2019 4th, CLB 2020 3rd, Kukan

Duchene 7.75 x 8

Would you pay this price to have a shot to sign MD95 early?

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
To CLB -
Anisimov, Perlini, Forsling

To CHI -
Rights to Duchene, CLB 2019 4th, CLB 2020 3rd, Kukan

Duchene 7.75 x 8

Would you pay this price to have a shot to sign MD95 early?

If Duchene would sign for that, I’d be okay with that. I like him a lot.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
LOL at some of these offers

C's like Duchene don't hit FA often and he just turned 28 so he is in his prime

Ryan Johansen has an 8M cap hit and Duchene is a much better player then him IMO

Anything under 8M is unrealistic he will be getting 9M+

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
I just don't trust Duchene over a 7 year deal. I just get the feeling that we'll regret it after 3-4 years. But this has nothing to do with anything of substance, just a gut feeling.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
LOL at some of these offers

C's like Duchene don't hit FA often and he just turned 28 so he is in his prime

Ryan Johansen has an 8M cap hit and Duchene is a much better player then him IMO

Anything under 8M is unrealistic he will be getting 9M+
Duchene at 28 is tail end of prime years- Kane turned 30 and Toews 31 and people fear they will fall off a cliff soon. I would have a hard time paying Duchene over $8 mil for 7 years - that puts him at 35 when done and his most productive years likely behind him..I hate signing guys that have a big contract year but pedestrian years prior which he has...that is $1mil under Kane and Toews, no thanks, let someone else pay that and I doubt he hits $9 mil in this market.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Bowman apparently coveted Jeff Skinner in past...could he be in the mix?

I think this is the move Bowman ends up making. Based on how he seemed to have sniffed around Skinner for years and now having the chance to get him for just money.

I think if he makes a splashy move, this is it. Personally, I’m not necessarily sure how I’d feel about it, but that’s my prediction.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
use caution with skinner IMO, the guy seems to just disappear for extended periods of time....

Nelson is the guy I think they should sign and yes I would be okay with Nelson at 6.5/7.0 per depending on term

Duchene is another guy I would use caution with, at 28 he is close to the twilight of his career and I don't think we should pay him and give him the term that other teams will be throwing his way.

Zuccarello is a guy that I would be okay with too but again he is older as well

I like Anders Lee as well but I don't see the isles not resigning him.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would worry about Lee's inability to perform when it matters most

He has been terrible for Isles in playoffs and that is one of the reason Isle fans are hesitant on giving him a big longterm deal

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He scored 40 goals lmfao. What?? Ghost after hot start? You just make **** up.

First half of season (41 games) = 28 goals + 13 assists for 41 pts
2nd half of season (41 games) = 12 goals + 10 assists for 22 pts

His disappearing act was major reason Sabres fell back to earth

This season was extreme example of the inconsistency that has always been issue with him

Reactions: Rolo

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
First half of season (41 games) = 28 goals + 13 assists for 41 pts
2nd half of season (41 games) = 12 goals + 10 assists for 22 pts

His disappearing act was major reason Sabres fell back to earth

This season was extreme example of the inconsistency that has always been issue with him

That is not really ghosting.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Numbers are actually much worse when you consider 3 of those goals came in final games in 2nd half of season

From Feb 17th thru March 31st he had 1 goal in 22 games and that is time the Sabres season fell apart

Jeff Skinner is not worth the $ and term he will command as UFA and is not someone you put as part of a core if you want to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad