Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He’s going to want a lot more than that.

I don’t trust him staying healthy, and hasn’t he had a few nasty concussions?
Yeah, which is why I haven't brought him up, I doubt he goes that low. But that's what I would sign him too, max. He has barely had any health issues the last 4+ seasons. Only has missed like 7 games or so total.

He's just a goal scorer, and we could use a couple more of those.

Reactions: RayP

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Skinner just had a career year in goals and has yet to hit 70 points in a season - hard pass for what this guy is going to get. I get the thought of adding more firepower to this team and how it would look, but just go all in on Panarin at that case as he has far outperformed Skinner since day 1..and we know what he brings here.

Kubalik can be the guy feasting from Kaner for 1/10th the cost...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Trade AA. Draft Byram... and since you can’t address the forward spot via draft sign Nelson or Duchene.

Toews
Duchene/Nelson
Strome

down the middle is filthy.

Saad-Toews-Sikura
Caggiula-Duchene-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini
Kahuh-Kampf-Kubalik

Thats a decent forward group...

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Saad-Toews-Sikura
Caggiula-Duchene-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini
Kahuh-Kampf-Kubalik

Thats a decent forward group...

Without making major chances to your lineup, I’d swap Kahun and Sikura.

When it comes to major moves, I would reunite Kane/Toews and Strome/Cat.

The nice thing Duchene brings is his versatility to play wing as well. I didn’t love Strome as a winger personally. You can then roll three really deep lines with Toews/Strome/Duchene all at C or load up the top 6 with Duchene on a wing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If that is team I would try

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Saad-Duchene-Sikura
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Caggiula-Kampf-Perlini

I don't see Sikura as a guy who can be on 4th line. Hell I don't see him as much of anything at this point but if your going to bring him back on NHL roster he needs to be in top 9 spot to have any value if he can produce

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Caggiula - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kubalik
Saad - Nelson - Kahun
Kurashev- Kampf - Donskoi
Perlini/Sikura

that top 12 can compete with anyone in the West...

Kubalik has proved all year long he can be a real good NHL player - further advancing that thought with his WC performance.

Kurashev has as well shown everywhere he has played he can be a player, now doing it against men at the WC - he will be ready for a role here

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kubalik and Kurashev are probably the two guys I'm most excited to see next season. Kurashev will be in Rockford to start (ima try and catch a few more Rockford games this year as I usually catch about 4-5) but no doubt he'll be up here at some point next season (this is assuming Byram/Turcotte aren't there of course ;)).

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Just curious to hear if Spencer Knight is still around later in the first round if the Hawks would make a play for him. Maybe their 2nd and a 4th to move up. If the Hawks land Bryam and Knight in one draft that would be one hell of a haul.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
If that is team I would try

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Saad-Duchene-Sikura
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Caggiula-Kampf-Perlini

I don't see Sikura as a guy who can be on 4th line. Hell I don't see him as much of anything at this point but if your going to bring him back on NHL roster he needs to be in top 9 spot to have any value if he can produce
You have to give Sikura another year or so before discarding him. He has skill ... but needs a lot more muscle.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Caggiula - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kubalik
Saad - Nelson - Kahun
Kurashev- Kampf - Donskoi
Perlini/Sikura

that top 12 can compete with anyone in the West...

Kubalik has proved all year long he can be a real good NHL player - further advancing that thought with his WC performance.

Kurashev has as well shown everywhere he has played he can be a player, now doing it against men at the WC - he will be ready for a role here

Love that Donskoi signing. He’s someone I’d love to add to our team. Nelson would also be a solid get. I also wouldn’t count out Pavelski if the Sharks fall short and they re-sign Erik Karlsson.

Reactions: AmericanDream

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Just curious to hear if Spencer Knight is still around later in the first round if the Hawks would make a play for him. Maybe their 2nd and a 4th to move up. If the Hawks land Bryam and Knight in one draft that would be one hell of a haul.

I don’t think it’d be enough and I have my doubts that we’d take him any higher than the 2nd round. I like Knight a lot but if we’re trading up, it’d most likely be for a forward prospect. Getting Byram at #3 and then trading our 2nd+ to acquire another 1st and taking Brink/Pelletier/Tomasino/McMichael would be a great start to the draft.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If the Hawks take Byram, I really wanna see Bowman call up his friend Bergevin and see if he can swing something centering Beaudin (and it pains me to say him cause I'm a big fan but...) for a forward prospect since I know the Habs love him. Would love to get Suzuki or Poehling from them, but that might be wishful thinking.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Where does Dominik Kahun fit in Blackhawks’ lineup for 2019-2020 season?

These guys come to the conclusion that Kahun should not be playing with DeBrincat, will have a reduced role next year, and his best fit is likely on the third line.
so these guys jump to this conclusion based off a 23 year old kid playing on NA ice for the first time, then having to switch coaches mid stream on him??? now there is nothing wrong with the third line as many of us have him penciled in there, but again, only 23 years old and one full season of NA hockey under his belt - I am pretty comfortable saying he could easily be a top 6 player next year or a strong third line guy...players continue to improve and evolve, he has solid hands, speed, always around the net, he can carve out a nice career for himself here.

I myself have asked where does he fit, but I am not going to use advanced stats or anything else to pretend we can figure that out with a kid like this.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
hard to tell what JC will do with Kahun and with forward lines

Kahun can be a complementary linemate for the top 6 but IMO he is best suited along with Kampf making up 2/3 of an exceptional 4th line. obviously this depends on who the hawks sign as FA's or acquire forwards via trade.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
hard to tell what JC will do with Kahun and with forward lines

Kahun can be a complementary linemate for the top 6 but IMO he is best suited along with Kampf making up 2/3 of an exceptional 4th line. obviously this depends on who the hawks sign as FA's or acquire forwards via trade.
if Kahun plays with more grit/jam to his game and crashes the net a bit more, it wouldn't shock me one bit to see him turn into a poor man's Arvidsson..

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kahun could benefit from a bit more jam as you say, he is a smart player for sure.
he is very smart, always around the puck - more grit/ more confidence in himself to go to the "dirty" areas and I think he could be a really good player. but like you said, and I have said prior - if he can't stand out in that way then he will not have a top 6 role here as we have too much competition and if Kubalik is coming in, you can't have a sniper like that on your 4th line..he needs to play with a talented center and fed the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad