Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Based on what we currently have/are expected to have:

Saad-Toews-Caggiula
Kubalik-Anisimov-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini
Kahun-Kampf-Hayden/Highmore

PP1:

DeBrincat-Toews-Strome
Gustafsson-Kane

PP2:

Saad-Anisimov-Kahun/Kubalik
Byram-Kane (double-shifting him on powerplay)

Your missing Sikura and don’t be sleeping on kurashev and entwhistle they will both push for roster spots

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Top 25 UFA from TSN

upload_2019-5-10_13-28-55.png

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
can't recall another UFA forward class this deep in the past decade...many names I would have zero problems with....the key thing being so many 27/28 instead of 32/33 years old...

You can give them 5-6 year deals and feel pretty confident they won't fall off a cliff before the end of that deal.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If you could get Lee and Nelson for around the same price as Panarin I think you have to do that. Lee is 29 next year though.
Lee is also a late bloomer who played football throughout high school which massively hurt his draft stock as he had plenty of d-1 offer to play QB...he really didn't start his NHL career until 24/25 years old...I think he has plenty of gas left in the tank, but I agree need to be cautious as a 5-6 year deal could look ugly by the 4th year if his skating collapses at that age.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sure, if he earns it for himself in camp, by all means. I'm just not going to count on him doing it, but I'm just biased against him because I don't think he has the high-end skill to offset his low-end strength.
The lack of strength is a huge issue for sure. He needs to have a monster offseason.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If Anders Lee isn't an Islander by July 1st, he's definitely the forward I think the Blackhawks should be most aggressive about going after.

He's a consistent 30 goal scorer, so he's going to be expensive, but not Panarin expensive, because despite how good he is, playing on a bad islanders team (in the shadow of Tavares for a lot of it) has prevented him from building much 'brand value'.

Duchene earned himself some money this off-season. I think he's going to get 8-9mil, and I don't want him at that price. When he's on, he's fantastic, but he's not on consistently enough to be worth that kind of investment, IMO.

Besides, I think he already has his heart set on Nashville. Which is fine with me, cause that only pushes Nashville harder to trade PK Subban for cap reasons. 3 years at 9 million fits pretty well into the Blackhawks window as it stands... I'm just not sure they have the assets to get it done, unless they're willing to part with next season's 1st pick as a starting point.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ref anders lee, there is no way the team should sign him, he will be asking for the moon.

now with ref to his price, i not talking about the $$$ aspects but his yrs he would be wanting. this is his last contract and well he wants it to be his best contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad