Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Interesting read on a new training program Kane started last year. I made mention a few times over the course of the year that I thought he looked a little more explosive.

Patrick Kane Credits Tomahawk Science For Helping Him Hit Peak Performance At Age 30

This quote stuck out to me:
“Our mission was to make him from Tin Man to Rubberband Man, is what we were saying last summer,” Mack added. “We wanted to make sure he was a little more elastic or what we call bow-and-arrow-like. The further you can pull the bow back, you should be able to shoot it further. That was our focus as opposed to — normally, the focus is, ‘Give this guy a bigger arrow, or more cylinders in his car.’
“Pat Kane has a V12, I promise you. It’s just that he was only playing on six of those cylinders. So for us, I’m like, ‘Why don’t we give him access to eight cylinders or 10 cylinders that he already has, as opposed to trying to build his V12 up to a V16 but he still doesn’t have access to any of it, so it doesn’t matter?”

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Newest offseason idea is the Hawks sit out UFA frenzy and make some trades with goal of improving team next year while making cap situation more ideal going forward and getting younger

- Trade Saad to Islanders for D Adam Pelech + LW Michael Dal Colle (RFA rights)
- Trade 2021 1st round pick to Lightning for C J.T Miller
- Trade 2020 4th round pick to Flames for RW Michael Frolik
- Trade Anisimov to Jackets for 2021 4th round pick
- Trade Forsling to Panthers for C Denis Malgin (RFA)
- Sign Perlini (RFA) to 2 yr x $1.1M
- Sign Kamfp (RFA) to 2 yr x $1.4M
- Sign Dal Colle (RFA) to 2 yr x $1M
- Sign Malgin (RFA) to 2 yr x $1.1M
- Promote Highmore and Joker to lineup fulltime

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Dal Colle-Miller-Frolik
Perlini-Kampf-Malgin
Highmore

Keith-Joker
Gus-Murphy
Pelech-Seabrook
Dahlstrom

Crawford
Delia

Leaves Hawks with 13.1M+ in cap room under an 81M cap to make moves if needed to strengthen team in season if required

Hawks lineup gets a bit more younger while adding experienced young NHL talent in Miller (26 yrs old) and Pelech (24 yrs old) while adding vet Frolik who only has 1 year left on his deal. Dal Colle would be another Strome reclamation project

I don't like moving on from Forsling but he wouldn't develop as our #6/7 in and out of lineup and I like Malgin game just has consistency issues like Forsling so its change of scenery deal for two guys who are both 22 yrs old and need fresh starts

Naturally a guy like Miller can move up in lineup and play all 3 forward positions and if Dal Colle for instance finds his game he could be good fit on that 1st line potentially at LW. So this lineup has many interchangeable parts (Caggiula for instance can drop to bottom 6 if one of the guys like Miller or Dal Colle move up) and if Perlini gets hot he can move up and down lineup

Thoughts?

I honestly really like this lineup for most part and the idea of having cap room available for potential additions in season is appealing

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Newest offseason idea is the Hawks sit out UFA frenzy and make some trades with goal of improving team next year while making cap situation more ideal going forward and getting younger

- Trade Saad to Islanders for D Adam Pelech + LW Michael Dal Colle (RFA rights)
- Trade 2021 1st round pick to Lightning for C J.T Miller
- Trade 2020 4th round pick to Flames for RW Michael Frolik
- Trade Anisimov to Jackets for 2021 4th round pick
- Trade Forsling to Panthers for C Denis Malgin (RFA)
- Sign Perlini (RFA) to 2 yr x $1.1M
- Sign Kamfp (RFA) to 2 yr x $1.4M
- Sign Dal Colle (RFA) to 2 yr x $1M
- Sign Malgin (RFA) to 2 yr x $1.1M
- Promote Highmore and Joker to lineup fulltime
g
Rather keep Saad.
Rather keep Anisimov and the 1st than have Miller and a 4th.
Rather not trade Forsling for Malgin.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I think theres a good chance Sikura becomes a solid contributor next year. He looked good with Saad-Anisimov.

If Kubalik is also a legit NHL forward:

XXX-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-XXX
Saad-Anisimov-Sikura
XXX-Kampf-XXX

XXX = Caggiula, Kampf, Kahun, Kubalik

We can potentially upgrade on one of the top 6 spots via FA or trade or just roll with what we have.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think theres a good chance Sikura becomes a solid contributor next year. He looked good with Saad-Anisimov.

If Kubalik is also a legit NHL forward:

XXX-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-XXX
Saad-Anisimov-Sikura
XXX-Kampf-XXX

XXX = Caggiula, Kampf, Kahun, Kubalik

We can potentially upgrade on one of the top 6 spots via FA or trade or just roll with what we have.

I think this is pretty close to what we're looking at to start the season. I'm doubting Stan signs any forward outside of 4th line Desjardins-type guys to play with Kampf.

I think Kubalik, Kampf, and Caggiula are his top-9 filler forwards at the moment, and Perlini either doesn't get qualified or plays on the 4th line.

Sikura, who knows what happens with him. People may not be able to even find him by training camp if a strong gust of wind rolls through and blows him away (joke).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So your saying Hawks wont be improving anytime soon?

If Hawks do nothing with this cap space and team falters again then Stanley and his boy JC should be finished

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

If Hawks do nothing with this cap space and team falters again then Stanley and his boy JC should be finished

I think they use it to take on cap dumps and collect more resources or sign larger 1-year deals, not to overpay in the UFA market.

As far as not improving, I think the forward group we have stacks up pretty well against the teams still alive in the playoffs. Maybe Boston's group is a bit better, but I don't think the gap is huge.

If Kahun, Kubalik, and Caggiula are roughly 40+ point guys next year, I think that gap between us and Boston is even more narrow at forward.

Also, it's starting to sound like Stan and Colliton feel the defense will be significantly better next year even if the same exact group returns. I don't know necessarily, but I guess the Islanders showed it's possible.

Either way, I'm not expecting anything big or flashy, no.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

The Blackhawks should absolutely do their best to use their cap space on legitimate impact players.

If they cant get those select few impact players, they should absolutely NOT, under any circumstances, spend money just for the sake of it.

I’d take no moves in the UFA market over spending premiums on middling guys who wont move the needle, just for the sake of saying ‘see, we did something’. Any day.

If that means another year of lottery picks and kids in the system getting development time, so be it. I’d rather the team be patient than impulsive. There are no shortcuts on a rebuild.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The Blackhawks should absolutely do their best to use their cap space on legitimate impact players.

If they cant get those select few impact players, they should absolutely NOT, under any circumstances, spend money just for the sake of it.

I’d take no moves in the UFA market over spending premiums on middling guys who wont move the needle, just for the sake of saying ‘see, we did something’. Any day.

If that means another year of lottery picks and kids in the system getting development time, so be it. I’d rather the team be patient than impulsive. There are no shortcuts on a rebuild.

I agree but will say that stumbling into the 3rd Overall pick can accelerate things a bit and change the trajectory.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
I agree with the first sentence.

The second sentence is off in the sense that we took a shortcut by lucking into the 3rd pick. 3rd pick vs 12th pick is typically a big jump.
I'd say it's more like we lucked into streets with no traffic rather than taking a shortcut. The concept of "taking a shortcut" implies actively choosing a quicker path, which the Blackhawks did not.

Also, I concur with JD that being patient is preferable to making a splash if the good UFAs all want bloated contracts.

Reactions: Drumman44

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’d like to pry Tyler Johnson away from Tampa. Would be a nice addition adding some speed and scoring ability.

Saad Toews Kane
Debrincat Strome Johnson
Kahun Anisimov Sikura
Kubalik Kampf Caggiula

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I like the idea of taking Marleau off the Leafs hands.

I’d be down, but Id want them to sweeten it with something since we’re doing them a favor.

He has a NMC tho, so he’d have to want to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad