Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Marleau has also made $100,000,000 just from his NHL salary, but has never won a Cup. I don't see him waiving to go to a non Cup contender.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Marleau has also made $100,000,000 just from his NHL salary, but has never won a Cup. I don't see him waiving to go to a non Cup contender.
Agree with this.

Connor Brown is who I'd like to pry from Toronto. He's a solid defensive winger, the type that we lack. Leafs probably want to shed his cap hit. Brown adds to our Otter collection.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Agree with this.

Connor Brown is who I'd like to pry from Toronto. He's a solid defensive winger, the type that we lack. Leafs probably want to shed his cap hit. Brown adds to our Otter collection.

I wouldn't mind Brown, and he fits on our team better than the Leafs at this point, since they're so deep at RW that he gets pushed down to the 4th line. Here he'd probably be a 3rd line winger, and could get closer to the 20 goal mark he hit a few years ago.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I wouldn't mind Brown, and he fits on our team better than the Leafs at this point, since they're so deep at RW that he gets pushed down to the 4th line. Here he'd probably be a 3rd line winger, and could get closer to the 20 goal mark he hit a few years ago.

Then Sikura / Brown / Kahun fight for the right to play with Debrincat and Strome?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Then Sikura / Brown / Kahun fight for the right to play with Debrincat and Strome?
As much as Brown is more of a 3rd liner, he would probably fit the best on the Cat/Strome line because of his defensive mentality.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I’d like to pry Tyler Johnson away from Tampa. Would be a nice addition adding some speed and scoring ability.

Saad Toews Kane
Debrincat Strome Johnson
Kahun Anisimov Sikura
Kubalik Kampf Caggiula

No thanks on Johnson he hasn't been same since injuries and he isn't a RW he is a C

Also no thanks on taking on his 5 more years on contract!

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Wedin could go right into the line up too. He's a little like Kahun versatile winger...if we sign him.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Not interested in Johnson at 5 more years, he has not been the same since his injury and he is streaky, not consistent.

Brown would be ok, this team will not succeed with Anisimov at 3C

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Probably not until after the World Championship tournament. We've got Gus and Kruger there to coax him into joining.

thanks for the info musto...if Wedin coming here is contingent on Kruger coming back to the hawks tell Wedin to go elsewhere....

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
This just feels like hyperbole. What evidence do you have to back up this opinion?

Anisimov is on the wrong side a the hill which he has already been sliding down for multiple years, he is a big, slow slumbering guy that is not going to get any faster and does not fit JC's system. I have been saying it for years now; if Anisimov is on this team he should ONLY be centering Kanes line as that is the only place that he can be effective enough to contribute utilizing his skillset. If he is not centering Kanes line then the coach effectively has to shelter Anisimov.

Just my opinion, Stan should have sold Anisimov last summer at the very latest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Anisimov is on the wrong side a the hill which he has already been sliding down for multiple years, he is a big, slow slumbering guy that is not going to get any faster and does not fit JC's system. I have been saying it for years now; if Anisimov is on this team he should ONLY be centering Kanes line as that is the only place that he can be effective enough to contribute utilizing his skillset. If he is not entering Kanes line then the coach effectively has to shelter Anisimov.

Just my opinion, Stan should have sold Anisimov last summer at the very latest.

I understand where you're coming from on the speed factor, and potential issues with system fit.

However, the numbers just don't back up your claim that "he has already been sliding down for multiple years."

His stats look almost exactly like they did before his two years between Panarin and Kane. On paper, he looks like the exact same player he has always been, not like a player that has been sliding for years.

He looks like a Lars Eller-type third line center, and the Caps won a Cup with a guy like that at 3C.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I understand where you're coming from on the speed factor, and potential issues with system fit.

However, the numbers just don't back up your claim that "he has already been sliding down for multiple years."

His stats look almost exactly like they did before his two years between Panarin and Kane. On paper, he looks like the exact same player he has always been, not like a player that has been sliding for years.

He looks like a Lars Eller-type third line center, and the Caps won a Cup with a guy like that at 3C.

How players look on paper is irrelevant when the eye teat tells a different story.

If Lars eller was our third c it would be a significant upgrade over anisimov imo

Frankly I would prefer to just have some youngster like kurashev, wise at 3 c over AA

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
How players look on paper is irrelevant when the eye teat tells a different story.

If Lars eller was our third c it would be a significant upgrade over anisimov imo

Frankly I would prefer to just have some youngster like kurashev, wise at 3 c over AA

I guess I'm just confused about what you're seeing that I'm not seeing.

What makes Lars Eller significantly better than Anisimov? I see them as fairly comparable players, but I'm definitely open to being shown why I'm wrong.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014

What makes Lars Eller significantly better than Anisimov? I see them as fairly comparable players, but I'm definitely open to being shown why I'm wrong.

Comparable, yes. But not equal. Eller puts up virtually the same stats while having a much better faceoff percentage and making about a million less cap hit per year. I’d take Eller all day over Anisimov. Not a huge fan of 3Cs that don’t win faceoffs.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Comparable, yes. But not equal. Eller puts up virtually the same stats while having a much better faceoff percentage and making about a million less cap hit per year. I’d take Eller all day over Anisimov. Not a huge fan of 3Cs that don’t win faceoffs.

So this argument is simply about faceoffs, is that the only difference?

Eller 49% (49.9% in defensive zone)

Anisimov 46.7% (51.6% in defensive zone)

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
So this argument is simply about faceoffs, is that the only difference?

Eller 49% (49.9% in defensive zone)

Anisimov 46.7% (51.6% in defensive zone)

For me, mostly that and the lack of speed bother me. If he was that good in the defensive zone, that means he was most likely BRUTAL in the offensive zone on faceoffs. It also doesn’t hurt that Eller is really good in the playoffs too. Anisimov was even worse on faceoffs in the playoffs the two years he made it with us.

For the record, I’m not saying we need specifically Lars Eller but an upgrade at 3C would be nice. I’m not a fan of Anisimov but if the rest of the team is really solid on faceoffs, I could live with him as our 3C. Last year, that was not the case as both Strome and Kampf were inconsistent on faceoffs. Great some nights and terrible on other nights.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Skating ability, effort, lower salary, better all around game. Stats may not say it but he seems to have better offensive instincts. Eller is a superior pk option that is a greater threat to produce short handed.

He is a better fit for jc’’s system than aa is. Having said all that I am not saying I want eller just that he would be a significant upgrade on Aa.

I want the hawks to sign Nelson as an fa....

Toews
Nelson
Strome
Kampf

That is what I would like the c depth
To be

Reactions: AmericanDream

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Based on what we currently have/are expected to have:

Saad-Toews-Caggiula
Kubalik-Anisimov-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini
Kahun-Kampf-Hayden/Highmore

PP1:

DeBrincat-Toews-Strome
Gustafsson-Kane

PP2:

Saad-Anisimov-Kahun/Kubalik
Byram-Kane (double-shifting him on powerplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad