GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Beagle is probably the best locker room guy in the league with championship experience which gets undervalued here. He’s one of the best Pkers and face off men in the league as well who has size and can chip in offensively. Like I said I hate the contract, but he’s a great player to have here.

Lol. He was a replaceable 4th liner until he chipped in on one overdue cup run.

Reactions: Pavel96

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Benning reminds me so much of Kevin Malone from the Office.
But his hair reminds me of Creed in that one episode

creed-dark-hair1.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
These really are minor signings that increase the Canucks grit and experience factor a little but create a logjam at some positions. I wonder if the Leafs-Canucks are done talking trade for Tanev? Seems to me TO is now in the position to go for it now. And they still have a hole at right D.

Reactions: Hawkyknowledge

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I find it surprising how many people seem to think these contracts will be easy to trade. If these players regress at all you likely won't be able to move them regardless of trade clause, etc.

Reactions: Hit the post

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Beagle is probably the best locker room guy in the league with championship experience which gets undervalued here. He’s one of the best Pkers and face off men in the league as well who has size and can chip in offensively. Like I said I hate the contract, but he’s a great player to have here.

He’s a 4th liner who will play 12 minutes a game and kill some penalties. I have trouble qualifying that as “huge”.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Lol. He was a replaceable 4th liner until he chipped in on one overdue cup run.

Yep, 12 months ago he was part of a group that was one of the worst playoff chokers in the NHL. Now he’s one of the best locker room guys in the league. And no doubt Benning sees it exactly that way too.

Reactions: Pip

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
What precedent does this set for us signing Sven Baertschi? He's a guy who is arguably our best winger defensively, was on pace for 44 points this year and had 35 last year.

Does that mean he gets a 4 year deal worth 4.5 per?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Edmonton signed two solid bottom-6 forwards who combined for 58 points last year for a total cost commitment of $4 million.

We signed 3 solid bottom-6 forwards who combined for 61 points last year for a total cost commitment of $29 million.

Amazing.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I find it surprising how many people seem to think these contracts will be easy to trade. If these players regress at all you likely won't be able to move them regardless of trade clause, etc.

Ya it’s funny when people post stuff like “c’mon guys, these deals aren’t that bad. We can always buy them out after two or three years.”

Like if you are even thinking about buying a contract out on the same day as it’s signed, you can’t f***ing argue that it’s not a terrible contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad