GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Leading up to and including today

Bozak
JVR
Holden
Couture
Cole
Hjalmarrson
McDonagh
Reeves
Green

The extensions by and large were not bad, but as always GMs overpaid slightly again. Once again though, we're a team without a solid shot at winning for 3+ years so much like the Jets, Oilers and Isles had too in the recent past we had to slightly pay a shade more than we should have.

But again, a lot of meh unless it's really important to you. Which, on Canada day...let's be honest. It shouldn't be
I thought Hjalmerson was pretty reasonable.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
TSN Free Agent ranking board

Kyle Brodziak #23 signed by Oilers 2 years at 1.15 mil
Jay Beagle #24 signed by Canucks 4 years at 3 million

same player basically

Reactions: Pavel96

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

You know, I was wondering what else could happen to make this worse, and there it is

Benning gave 4th line players, matching 3 million a yea, for 4 year contracts with LIMITED NO TRADE CLAUSES

he gave 4th liners no trade clauses

he gave 4th LINERS no trade clauses

and Beagles in a limited no trade clause WITH a buyout proof contract.

Holy mother of god. This is just disgustingly bad.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Eriksson ($6m) - Sutter ($4.375m) - Gagner ($3.15m) <--- 12.525 Million dollar 3rd line
Roussel ($3m) - Beagle ($3m) - Schaller ($1.9m) <--- 7.9 Million dollar 4th line

We are now spending 20.425 Million dollars on our bottom 6

Add 7 Million dollars from Gudbranson and Del Zotto.

Y-I-K-E-S gentleman Y-I-K-E-S

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Linden and Benning absolutely deserve it. Totally incompetent. Signed the worst contracts of the day. Most of the salaries and term around the league were actually quite reasonable.

Im just hoping for the day we can unretire Linden's jersey and take it iff the rafters just for making our sports investment lives miserable for four years (and likely +). Wishful thinking extremely but a man can always hope.

Benning has been working as a top secret agent (and spy) for the Oilers and Bruins. Thats pretty much obvious. Destroying the franchise internally. Doom awaits us even more.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour......study after study has shown that.
oh, I agree with that completely, but circumstances change. The youth on this team will eventually become competitive and his strategy should change.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
I thought Hjalmerson was pretty reasonable.
I think he was sub 15 points last year.

I rarely chime in here anymore because any comment based on fact is essentially shouted down and attacked because how dare a person be objective without being a fan boy or the like.

I like where this team is headed. Others don't.
I can see where this team will be in 3 years, others cannot see past the 3 we just had.

it is what it is, not a terrible day at all honestly. Could have been much much worse
*cough Eriksson cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad