GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Will still get me chewed the hell out by the I hate everything crowd. but here's our next few years worth of cap

Vancouver Canucks - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Our next major RFA contracts are laughably Hutton Pouliot Granlund Demko Goldobin and Boeser in 2019/2020 at which point we will have 13 roster spots signed with $34.549 million in cap space (without factoring cap raise). UFA's we lose to met that cap amount are elder Del Zotto and Dorsett. We won't really be throwing a ton of cash at those names outside of maybe Boeser and Demko

For 2020/2021 only Dahlen Brisebois Gaudette while losing Tanev/Gagner/Markstrom and having 7 spots signed with $49.458 million in cap space (without factoring in cap raise)

Then the big one in 2021/2022 where our big RFA crop is Lind, Gadjovich, Juolevi, Petterson, while losing Gudbranson/Baertschi/Sutter to UFA and having a projected $74 million in cap space with only 1 person signed thereafter.

I look at those names, the potential cap space and the signings last and this year and see a pattern that fits exactly where this team is going in terms of available spots, cap space and contract amounts. Many of those names outside of Boeser, Demko, Petterson will not be making north of $3.5 million on their first contracts so essentially we're watching a management group doing little more than buying literal time.

I know I'll get flamed 6 ways from Sunday on this but it's true. This is not factoring in any cap raises or potential trades let alone the Seattle expansion or new potential CBA issues and any potential new compliance buyouts that will result from them.

All in all, I see little to no reason to worry at all. There is a pattern that seems to fit a definitive timeline with Ericsson being the only ? and even that ? is something that fits that timeline nearly perfectly

So again.

Meh

You’re assuming Benning doesn’t do the exact same thing next year, and the year after, and the year after ...

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Finally someone that can see the big picture here.

What’s the big picture? That Benning spends every July 1 and every TDL chasing after the same bottom 6 depth every year? That he thinks you can character and scrum your way to being relevant again?

Reactions: Jack Burton

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Will still get me chewed the hell out by the I hate everything crowd. but here's our next few years worth of cap

Our next major RFA contracts are laughably Hutton Pouliot Granlund Demko Goldobin and Boeser in 2019/2020 at which point we will have 13 roster spots signed with $34.549 million in cap space (without factoring cap raise). UFA's we lose to met that cap amount are elder Del Zotto and Dorsett. We won't really be throwing a ton of cash at those names outside of maybe Boeser and Demko

For 2020/2021 only Dahlen Brisebois Gaudette while losing Tanev/Gagner/Markstrom and having 7 spots signed with $49.458 million in cap space (without factoring in cap raise)

Then the big one in 2021/2022 where our big RFA crop is Lind, Gadjovich, Juolevi, Petterson, while losing Gudbranson/Baertschi/Sutter to UFA and having a projected $74 million in cap space with only 1 person signed thereafter.

I look at those names, the potential cap space and the signings last and this year and see a pattern that fits exactly where this team is going in terms of available spots, cap space and contract amounts. Many of those names outside of Boeser, Demko, Petterson will not be making north of $3.5 million on their first contracts so essentially we're watching a management group doing little more than buying literal time.

I know I'll get flamed 6 ways from Sunday on this but it's true. This is not factoring in any cap raises or potential trades let alone the Seattle expansion or new potential CBA issues and any potential new compliance buyouts that will result from them.

All in all, I see little to no reason to worry at all. There is a pattern that seems to fit a definitive timeline with Ericsson being the only ? and even that ? is something that fits that timeline nearly perfectly

So again.

Meh
another well thoughtout post. I don't know you but I'm beginning to like you.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Any guesses which Vancouver media members will carry water for Linden and Benning on this? Ed Willes? Iain MacIntyre?
Imac for sure and he'll probably get an article written by someone from sportsnet. Like when Corey Hirsch wrote that Benning and Linden are doing a model rebuild, ugh.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
The issue with this is that people cannot look forward to the future at all. Only the now or the then.

The future for this 47 year fan is brighter than it ever has been. These signings are a lot of meh. The kids will play, the meat will grind it out and we won't have to worry about dreary boring hockey as much anymore.

The term on these guys is the only concern and even that isn't so bad when you consider it fits the timeline perfectly for the kids we have who will need new contracts in 2-4 years.

We weren't landing anyone else this off season anyways so again.

Meh

The future doesn't exist... the present is what is happening, and the past is what did happen.

3 years ago, the future included Virtanen as a top line winger, and Mccann as a first or second line center. The future is fluid, because the future isn't real. It hasn't happened, and nor is it happening. The future is all it's ever been... an out of reach dream, until time catches up. The future is not bright... the future is not dark. The future is not anything. I know there are some who believe that the future will be perfect... but nothing can be perfect where nothing exists... and to see a nothing perfect, a perfect nothing is.

Last edited:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
We somehow got worse than last year. That’s hard to do.

No additional picks , spending tons of cash, made us worse for not just this year but the next 4. Really really hard to do.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver, BC

So again.

Meh

The reason to worry is that the man in charge of our team continues to be a bumbling fool.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Care to point out exactly who went more overboard than Jim Benning today? Aside from Vancouver this has got to be one of the most restrained July 1sts in recent memory.

Leading up to and including today

Bozak
JVR
Holden
Couture
Cole
Hjalmarrson
McDonagh
Reeves
Green

The extensions by and large were not bad, but as always GMs overpaid slightly again. Once again though, we're a team without a solid shot at winning for 3+ years so much like the Jets, Oilers and Isles had too in the recent past we had to slightly pay a shade more than we should have.

But again, a lot of meh unless it's really important to you. Which, on Canada day...let's be honest. It shouldn't be

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
We somehow got worse than last year. That’s hard to do.

No additional picks , spending tons of cash, made us worse for not just this year but the next 4. Really really hard to do.

but at least we don't have those damn sedins to block opportunities for our youngs guys coming up

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
His first season was 30 goals and an All-star
2nd season he hit a dry spell where they placed him on the 4th line to play with Dorsett.
I would have put him on the 4th line when he hit that dry spell too. Thus, it would have been an even better deal had he played better.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Was out most of the day. Glad to see we signed a whole new 4th line :sarcasm: And it only cost nearly 10 milion?! :sarcasm: AND 2 of them got 4 year deals!!! :naughty:
Wowwy!
Good job Jimbo! You are truly one of a kind. :sarcasm:

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
Wouldn’t be surprised if Roussel turns into a popular player here.. Cooke had a lot of fans in Vancouver...

He's about as likable as a hemorrhoid. Unless you like weaselly little see words who go after goalies and finesse defensemen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad