GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Just depressing. We have 6 - 8 overpaid borderline AHL/NHL tweeners and we want to add more?Damn it, have these guys not got a clue. Stop trying to speed up the rebuild and clogging it with this ****. we have a ton of talent coming into the system and they keep trying to get asses in the seats ... screw Aquilini , he has made a fortune off of the Canucks, and he worries about trying to get a few bull**** playoff games revenue.

I told ya a couple years ago Benning is no good. Any information on whether or not there is going to be another town hall for season ticket holders? I'm going to need help getting into one. Time to make some headlines ;)

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Just depressing. We have 6 - 8 overpaid borderline AHL/NHL tweeners and we want to add more?Damn it, have these guys not got a clue. Stop trying to speed up the rebuild and clogging it with this ****. we have a ton of talent coming into the system and they keep trying to get asses in the seats ... screw Aquilini , he has made a fortune off of the Canucks, and he worries about trying to get a few bull**** playoff games revenue.
Do you honestly believe these moves (potential) are about playoffs?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Like that idea... Neal, one year for 7M or so and let Dahlen/Lind/Palmu ripen in Utica. Flip Neal for picks at the TDL and bring up the best of those three kids.

bc we are making moneyphones with all the draft picks we accumulated the last three years from hamhuis, vrbata, hansen, burrows, vanek, and holm.

He was seen in Vancouver yesterday/today? Think he was looking at houses ;)

and we thought vancouver houses were expensive in 2009, amirite?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Watch them sign 4 veteran ideas like last year while claiming young players will play if they earn it

“we worked very hard to tie up $17.425 million in eriksson, gagner, gudbranson, and sutter until 2020. but with only $14.275 million committed until 2021, and only eriksson still on the books for $6 million in 2022, we had to do something to keep our numbers up.”

This board will explode if we sign Neal . After them saying we won't be going for big ticket guys

“it’s not often you get the chance to recreate the 2011 dallas stars. you can’t let opportunities like that pass you by. we’re pleased to announce that we’ve also acquired stephane robidas and apparently an entire island for a second and fourth round pick. we’re also bringing willie back.”

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Lol @ anyone thinking James Neal would take a 1 year deal to play for Vancouver to be traded at the deadline.

The dude is getting 5-6 years with a NTC.

Reactions: Red and Nucker101

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
They built a bad team with no D or Goaltending.

They tried to address their goaltending by signing Khabibulin. They also had a top goalie prospect in Dubnyk.

There really are a lot of similarities between Vancouver and Edmonton. To those who look solely at our prospect pool...Edmonton's was better and their team still sucks.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I like Schaller, but this is just one of those "bottom 6 guy scores random nice goal"

Not really related to free agency, but it's often forgotten with this 'scrubs' is that they're only scrubs at the NHL level. Like Jack Skille was a 7th overall pick, or in Tim Schaller's case while he went undrafted he can be a 2nd line scorer at the AHL level.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
That doesn't really make sense though.

If Neal is traded it would be to a contender for a 1st which would not qualify for the lottery for Hughes

Was thinking they could take that pick + and trade up to get the #1 'cause we all know the Canucks are never gonna win the lottery. They'll have to put a package together to wheel and deal for Quinn's bro.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Was thinking they could take that pick + and trade up to get the #1 'cause we all know the Canucks are never gonna win the lottery. They'll have to put a package together to wheel and deal for Quinn's bro.

I could be wrong, but is there a trade that the team with the 1st overall pick would do that makes any kind of sense for the trading partner?
I've been under the assumption that Hughes is in the same category of players as Dahlen / McDavid etc. Generational talent.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
I could be wrong, but is there a trade that the team with the 1st overall pick would do that makes any kind of sense for the trading partner?
I've been under the assumption that Hughes is in the same category of players as Dahlen / McDavid etc. Generational talent.

Admittedly it would be tough but you have to have the assets/picks to make the attempt should the opportunity arise...

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Admittedly it would be tough but you have to have the assets/picks to make the attempt should the opportunity arise...

I definitely agree it is something we should be (and should have for the last 3 years) been doing. Acquiring extra draft picks.

Im just not all that informed on Jack Hughes as a prospect.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Why does a team that was 26th in goals for and 26 in goals against focus on signing 4th liners. This team needs impact players the 2 guys who ran PP is gone, our defense is a mess with 2 players that can play in top 4 role and 6 bottom-airing d-men. Pettersson is a great prospect but adding him and Beagle, Roussel and Shaller won't improve this team. its still a bottom feeder that can't score with a crap defense.

Why the hell aren't the Canucks clearing up rooster spots for the kids and keep the good veterans (Horvat, Baertshi and those guys) and drop the crap like Granlund, Eriksson, Gagner. I dont get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad