GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
So Beagle, Roussel and Schaller plus the new contracts for Virtanen, Baertchi and Stecher begins to get us close to where we need to get to cap ceiling wise.

Job nearing completion folks ;)

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Actually I retract my statement, Schaller is more of a winger than center in the NHL. We are still in the running for Beagle.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

oof, $1.9M is too much for what he provides. I know most people don't care about short term deals for under $2M, but these things add up.

Maybe we were priced out of beagle and went for schaller?

If not.. where the **** are we gonna fit schaller, beagle and rousell

I'm thinking we might be out on Roussel, Schaller is much more of a winger like him while Beagle mainly played center last year.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
The thing about Schaller is that he actually provides "grit" compared to Beagle, who's more of a Sutter type.

So I'm thinking that maybe the Canucks are out on Roussel then?
Shaller 6ft2 ,216 center,,played 82 games,,12 goals 10 assists
Plays with some jam,,,i dont mind this if true,,but how many is Benning bringing in,,,,,some one needs to go,,,

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Shaller 6ft2 ,216 center,,played 82 games,,12 goals 10 assists
Plays with some jam,,,i dont mind this if true,,but how many is Benning bringing in,,,,,some one needs to go,,,
I think Granlund has seen his last game as a Canuck. And based on these rumors I wouldn't be surprised if Gaunce has too.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Adding potentially 3 forwards is really strange to me unless they have a move lined up. I mean most of these guys could be chucked out the window and we'd care less, but there's only so many spots. I guess we'll see pretty quickly come tomorrow how much of these are actually becoming true.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The salary cap is 80 million people. I think a lot of us forget this
If they spent $8M on Beagle, Roussel, and Schaller and re-sign Virtanen, Stecher and Baerstchi for another $8M total they're still only around$70M and that's before moving anybody out to make room for the new guys. Not saying they should sign Beagle, Roussel, and Schaller, especially if there is term, just saying there's lots of cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad