GDT: 2018 Free Agency: Jay Beagle 4 x 3M, Antoine Roussel 4 x 3.25M, both w/ limited NTCs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Probably. But more importantly, other GMs seem to still like him.
I'd qualify that statement slightly and say 'certain old school GMs still like the Sutts.' For my part, I have never really understood why he wasn't converted to rw years ago. He's a straight line, no pass shoot it on the net guy with pretty good skating and shot. Might have been a decent complimentary winger imvho.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin and m9

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
5 years term is decent, I thought he'd get 6 from someone. 7M sounds about right in this market.

Same $$ as Okposo but 2 less years—sounds about right, will probably be a way better deal with that shorter term limiting the downside.

Edit: Oops looks like I had it wrong. Okposo is $6MM x 7 years // JVR is $7MM x 5 years, so extremely similar total $$

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
With JVR to philly done, another oppertunity to weaponize cap space opens. Taking Lehtera for 1 year and getting a pick.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
With JVR to philly done, another oppertunity to weaponize cap space opens. Taking Lehtera for 1 year and getting a pick.
Hextall at the start of the offseason said they’d keep him but if we can get a pick for him I’d be all for it. Would he be a better fit for Petersson’s C than Sutter or Gagne would be he next question

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Tim Schaller rumours? 2 year deal.

I've mentioned here multiple times as a cheap option for depth/grit.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm really hoping they got outbid for 1 of Beagle or Roussel and this is the backup plan.

Was hoping he'd sign for like 1.5M for 2 years, but 1.9 for Schaller is better than 3M x 3 years for Beagle or 3.25M x 4 years for for Roussel.

Reactions: THE Green Man

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If this means we lost out on Beagle, then we win (especially if it's only 2 years).

God how sad is the state of this franchise when we're hoping for just a lesser bad veteran that will take away opportunities from our young players.

Reactions: Red

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The thing about Schaller is that he actually provides "grit" compared to Beagle, who's more of a Sutter type.

So I'm thinking that maybe the Canucks are out on Roussel then?

Reactions: Red

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
The thing about Schaller is that he actually provides "grit" compared to Beagle, who's more of a Sutter type.

So I'm thinking that maybe the Canucks are out on Roussel then?

Sounds more like Roussel is already done.

Perhaps Beagle went another direction? It was a but if a bidding war reported. We can only hope he went elsewhere!

Reactions: Nucker101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad