Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread III (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Timmins will not be exempt, despite him not playing a game this year. Not that it will likely matter one way or the other with his condition... :(

I thought Timmins would be exempt from the draft? The condition is timing of contract signed and games played.

Out for the whole season without playing would not satisfy the condition unless he recovers enough next season to play the minimum games. I believe you can exempt if there is a serious injury, but he should recover to be draft eligible.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
From an asset management point of view Makar should play in the AHL.

However, its not going to send a good message to the player and the team to have someone of Makar's talent in the AHL when he clearly should be playing for the Avs. It also might not be wise to piss off the future #1D of the team.

Makar is going to improve the Avalanche as he probably outplays Zadorov, Cole and Nemeth straight away, we are adding a top 4 D to the roster. How can you not play him?

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Girard didn't replace Nemeth, he replaced borderline NHL calibur rookies Bigras and Lindholm.
The narrative that Bednar won't play rookies over veterans is simply not true. There have been a bunch of Avs rookies that have played under Bednar and the best ones have gotten big minutes every single time. Its only the fringe NHLers like Greer and Kamenev who haven't received regular playing time.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
From an asset management point of view Makar should play in the AHL.

However, its not going to send a good message to the player and the team to have someone of Makar's talent in the AHL when he clearly should be playing for the Avs. It also might not be wise to piss off the future #1D of the team.

Makar is going to improve the Avalanche as he probably outplays Zadorov, Cole and Nemeth straight away, we are adding a top 4 D to the roster. How can you not play him?

Makar is a RHD.

EJ and Barrie (assuming not traded) are ahead of him, He is practically guaranteed a spot on the 3rd line. Girard plays LHD and is not a proper comparison. He needs a bigger and steady RHD and EJ is the perfect partner. Barrie is a roving DMan and terrible fit. He needs a steady DMan Zadorov/Cole/Nemeth.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Makar is a RHD.

EJ and Barrie (assuming not traded) are ahead of him, He is practically guaranteed a spot on the 3rd line. Girard plays LHD and is not a proper comparison. He needs a bigger and steady RHD and EJ is the perfect partner. Barrie is a roving DMan and terrible fit. He needs a steady DMan Zadorov/Cole/Nemeth.
What has this got to do with my post?

Makar starting on the 3rd pair is the smart move. However, he should be better than a 3rd pairing guy.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What has this got to do with my post?

Makar starting on the 3rd pair is the smart move. However, he should be better than a 3rd pairing guy.

You’re comparing LHD players for a RHD position they generally don’t play unless it’s off Wing. The 3rd line role is completely open without any competition.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
You’re comparing LHD players for a RHD position they generally don’t play unless it’s off Wing. The 3rd line role is completely open without any competition.
I said that I believe Makar is a top 4 D level player who will outplay Zadorov, Nemeth and Cole straight away. Where Bednar decides to play him is completely up to him. Like you said, for the sake of balance its probably best to have him on the 3rd pair at first.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The narrative that Bednar won't play rookies over veterans is simply not true. There have been a bunch of Avs rookies that have played under Bednar and the best ones have gotten big minutes every single time. Its only the fringe NHLers like Greer and Kamenev who haven't received regular playing time.

So which one of our top-6 D is he going to sit in favour of Makar?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If y'all think JB is gonna play some rookie over Nemeth, you haven't been paying attention.

I'm guessing he'd go 7 Ds. Put Makar out their situationally. If the Avs win tonight and put a boot on the throat of Arizona there's a decent chance the last few games of the season won't matter and would be good oppotunity for the kid to get his feet wet.

If UMASS loses tonight then we can see Makar as soon as Monday.

Shit if UMass loses tonight I'm going into Makar watch about 5 minutes after that.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm guessing he'd go 7 Ds. Put Makar out their situationally. If the Avs win tonight and put a boot on the throat of Arizona there's a decent chance the last few games of the season won't matter and would be good oppotunity for the kid to get his feet wet.

**** if UMass loses tonight I'm going into Makar watch about 5 minutes after that.
Can't wait to have Girard, Barrie and Makar on each pairing.
Girard-EJ
Zadorov-Barrie
Cole-Makar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament, but UMass is by far the best team in their bracket.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament, but UMass is by far the best team in their bracket.

Yeah they should do pretty well for themselves, but I do wonder a bit because they got worked by BC last weekend. I couldn't watch it but listening to their radio guys it sounded like BC swarmed Makar all night and the forwards didn't show up.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I hate single elimination games, particularly in hockey, where lucky bounces and hot goaltenders can carry the day.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah they should do pretty well for themselves, but I do wonder a bit because they got worked by BC last weekend. I couldn't watch it but listening to their radio guys it sounded like BC swarmed Makar all night and the forwards didn't show up.

Desperation... Now UMass will be playing for their lives too. They had a #1 seed locked all the way up before the regular season ended. The conference tournament just didn't mean as much to them.

Reactions: Ararana

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
People that think Bednar will be playing Makar over Cole in the playoffs are delusional. If Makar plays it will be WITH Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad