League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Chiasson is going to get paid and someone is going to suffer.

Anyway - Fabbri is an interesting one. Signed a 1 year 900k deal after his entry deal and has been badddd this season. scratched 10 straight, comes back and in one of his games was a -4. scheduled to play 4th line today.... coming out of contract.

id kick the tires on him. would be so low on confidence with his situation there. if connolly needs too much money, could be a very cheap low risk high reward kind of guy that would fit nicely next to Eller and Burky.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
MW-EQ612_sports_20160701120602_NS.jpg

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Chiasson is going to get paid and someone is going to suffer.

Anyway - Fabbri is an interesting one. Signed a 1 year 900k deal after his entry deal and has been badddd this season. scratched 10 straight, comes back and in one of his games was a -4. scheduled to play 4th line today.... coming out of contract.

id kick the tires on him. would be so low on confidence with his situation there. if connolly needs too much money, could be a very cheap low risk high reward kind of guy that would fit nicely next to Eller and Burky.
that's a compelling idea. basically what Conno was when he got to the Caps.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Jeez - in the Wild arena, they play songs by Minneapolis boys The Replacements during a stoppage in play.

Yep...I've heard Taking a Ride before, and against the Caps they played Husker Du's 'Something I learned Today.' Cap One has been better about playing more DC bands. I even heard a little Banned in DC during the playoffs last year.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Yep...I've heard Taking a Ride before, and against the Caps they played Husker Du's 'Something I learned Today.' Cap One has been better about playing more DC bands. I even heard a little Banned in DC during the playoffs last year.
Don't think we'll ever hear Minor Threat in the Cap One Arena - but maybe Ted saw them in his college days, since he was supposedly a bit of punk rock guy.
That's great that they play the Huskers at Wild game, since back in the day Bob Mould supposedly was giving guitar lessons to one of the North Stars (think it was Steve Payne).

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Don't think we'll ever hear Minor Threat in the Cap One Arena - but maybe Ted saw them in his college days, since he was supposedly a bit of punk rock guy.
That's great that they play the Huskers at Wild game, since back in the day Bob Mould supposedly was giving guitar lessons to one of the North Stars (think it was Steve Payne).

Pretty sure at some point I heard them play the song Minor Threat during a TV time out when I used to go to a lot of games. Make more sense if they played Seeing Red. Btw, my old friend in Richmond made shirts a few years ago using the Out of Step artwork. He replaced the band logo with 'Capitals' and Out of Step with 'Seeing Red'. Unfortunately lost mine, but will find a pic and post.

mtu.jpg

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Former Hershey Bear and Capital. I'd forgotten he had scored with the Caps.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Jeez - in the Wild arena, they play songs by Minneapolis boys The Replacements during a stoppage in play.

One of the most underrated bands of the 80s college rock scene. Love all their stuff, saw them in concert a few times. They opened for Tom Petty in Chicago once, 1989, and played 7 songs. At the end they said "When Tom Petty pays us more, we'll play more songs for you" LMAO!

Can't Hardly Wait remains a staple of every mix tape I ever made. I heard it in an elevator once, instrumental muzac style and laughed.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
One of the most underrated bands of the 80s college rock scene. Love all their stuff, saw them in concert a few times. They opened for Tom Petty in Chicago once, 1989, and played 7 songs. At the end they said "When Tom Petty pays us more, we'll play more songs for you" LMAO!

Can't Hardly Wait remains a staple of every mix tape I ever made. I heard it in an elevator once, instrumental muzac style and laughed.

Eh, they lost me at the Let it Be LP but that's when I was kid and only liked the 1st LP 'Sorry Ma..'. Doesn't surprise me about Petty. Openers always get the shaft. My friend's band toured the US and opened for No Doubt when they got big. I got to hang out backstage at the show at the Patriots center and learned that friend's band was getting $250 per night. :eek: My buddy said, 'Yeah, glad they asked us to go on tour with them so we could be poor again'. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad