League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Today is Randy Holt's favorite day - anniversary of his moniker's NHL record. Link below also contains some highlights of Randy's body (bodies) of work - including a satisfying beat down of Ken (The Rat) Linesmen.

Here's the video of the whole thing. So awesome in all ways. The B&W TV with the faulty vertical hold, the announcers oooh and ahh over each punch. Randy coming over the penalty box boards. The fact that there's no glass along the scorers table. And of course the whole damn rosters on the ice.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A modern day? box score....

Los Angeles Kings - Philadelphia Flyers - March 11th, 1979

Penalties are listed on the lower right side - as per usual at NHL.com its a pain in the ass to get to.

They call him Stewart Holt. I bet only one guy called him Stewart in school.

Holt had a fight with Bathe at 14:58 and misconduct, but I guess they stayed in the box until the end of the period. Then again, it shows another fight exactly 5 minutes later at 19:58 with Bathe, before the glorious end of period triple game misconduct fiasco.

Frank Bathe accumulated 55 PIMs - That's not bad for a high school boy.. #PhoebeCates

8447941@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
A modern day? box score....

Los Angeles Kings - Philadelphia Flyers - March 11th, 1979

Penalties are listed on the lower right side - as per usual at NHL.com its a pain in the ass to get to.

They call him Stewart Holt. I bet only one guy called him Stewart in school.

Holt had a fight with Bathe at 14:58 and misconduct, but I guess they stayed in the box until the end of the period. Then again, it shows another fight exactly 5 minutes later at 19:58 with Bathe, before the glorious end of period triple game misconduct fiasco.

Frank Bathe accumulated 55 PIMs - That's not bad for a high school boy.. #PhoebeCates

8447941@2x.jpg

When your team PIMS are 6X your team shots on goal, you know you had a good one!

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Toronto losing 4-0 after one period to Chicago. At home, to boot.

The bloom is coming off the rose a bit, there. :naughty:

Oof, thats rough. But I don't think it matters. They were never getting past TB or BOS, so whether they get hot down the stretch or limp into the loffs like it seems they are doing, won't make much difference. That team just isn't built for the playoffs. The remind me of the Caps Young Guns teams.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Oof, thats rough. But I don't think it matters. They were never getting past TB or BOS, so whether they get hot down the stretch or limp into the loffs like it seems they are doing, won't make much difference. That team just isn't built for the playoffs. The remind me of the Caps Young Guns teams.

For sure. They seem to be fading a bit lately.

Definitely not tough enough for the rigours of the playoffs and their defence is not up to snuff.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
That
Is
Crazy

Not really.

He had 7 EV goals and 7 EV assists in 61 games (11:46 ATOI) for us last season. He has 12 EV goals and 5 EV assists this season (17:07 ATOI) with much better line-mates. Where the difference comes is on the PP where he had 1 goal last season, he has 7 already for the Oilers. Good for them for getting value on that contract but that's what a guy like McDavid can do.

He's never going to average nearly 3 minutes on the PP playing for the Capitals.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It’s Chaisson and it’s f***ing crazy.

But that’s what happens on shit teams. Inferior players get prime icetime that they wouldn’t get normally on a good team.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Chiasson has a pretty good shot. He's just below average at just about everything else. 20 goals isn't that outrageous when you get prime minutes with guys like McDavid and Draisatl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad