Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Tima and Carcone are looking close to ‘13th forward’ ready, and one of them might get more of a look with Hynan’s injury.
Marlies aren’t flush with forwards either so maybe they get 2 year NHL deals as waiver deterrents.

Timashov already has a deal for next year.

I would expect Carcone to get two years, although I don't think anyone would claim them either way.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Liljegren has questionable hockey sense. Its the main reason why Sandin is better. Liljegren could be Connor Carrick or a little above. Liljegren looks to be a 5-6 at most and maybe even lower depending on his adjustment to less time and space in the NHL. Sandin clearly looks like a Top 4 d-man and very probable he can be a better player than Dermott. Sandin is outhinking his opponents, he is evasive and deceptive and can make plays. Liljegren doesnt beat u with his mind and thats why his progression has slowed down, imo.

Sandin is the #1 prospect and Bracco #2. But Bracco has has compete issues without the puck and needs to find an extra gear in his skating or back pressure and his time and space will be an issue.
Wrong, and the people who liked it too.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Have you watched the Marlies play this year? Because if you had, you wouldn't be making these statements. Liljegren during his draft year and early last year was the guy with questionable hockey sense. This year this guy has been so reliable in his own end. He always makes the best plays defensively while trying to help his team breakout. Sandin in his own zone still gets a little flustered and has a tendency to skate out the puck or chip it out almost blindly sometimes when he's under pressure by the opponents. In the offensive zone though, Sandin is a good passer and he's been put in position to succeed and he's taken advantage of it.

Sandin 100% is ahead of Lilly at their respective ages, no question about it. But with that said, I'm not going to sit here and pretend like Lilly hasn't had a ton of injuries that have derailed his development time. Sandin's development curve is linear and trending up without many gaps. Lilly's development curve is also trending up but has a ton of gaps and is in no way linear. I think that's what throws off lots of people. They look at age and production and make a conclusion instead of actually watching the player and their areas of improvement.

If there is one area that Lilly is undeniably better than Sandin, it's his offensive vision and passing. Lilly in order to become an effective d-man in the NHL needs to work on building up his skating, and his shot by practicing getting it to the net more often because that's how he's going to pick up points. When this kid makes the show though, he's going to rip stretch passes for breakaways atelast once or twice per game. His passing ability from his own zone is insane.

Sandin has not been the better defenseman between the two this season (He has put up many more points, however). At best they have been even and contributing in their own ways. Timothy has been their top pairing guy since day 1. Sandin has played top pair to bottom pair this year. He's been sheltered quite a lot and with the exception of the past month, he hasn't really logged major minutes. Only reason he was logging big minutes was because Marlies had no offensive production from the back-end once Rosen was out/ called up.

Timothy has been an anchor for that defense the whole season. Give the kid the respect and credit he's due.

The biggest let down for the Marlies this season has been their goaltending. Up until the past few months, every goalie they had was atrocious and made the rest of the team look bad. If they had the level of goaltending sparks and co provided last season, Marlies record would be much more superior and their d-core would be one of the tops in the AHL.

People just like to make up things. When they haven't seen the players, they go by past reports.
The coach praises the player, and it's only for "building the player's confidence"

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Who do you guys think will be on the leafs next year to start the season?

Being honest, I think that's pretty unpredictable at this point. I think that there are going to be quite a few changes, and exactly who, and who isn't on the squad is to be determined.

I'd think that Tavares, Matthews, Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott and Andersen are pretty safe bets. Past that, all bets off right now.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Being honest, I think that's pretty unpredictable at this point. I think that there are going to be quite a few changes, and exactly who, and who isn't on the squad is to be determined.

I'd think that Tavares, Matthews, Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott and Andersen are pretty safe bets. Past that, all bets off right now.
I'd be pretty inclined to put Marner, but who knows? They are gonna play hardball.

I'd also include guys like Moore, Petan, and Rosen due to a combination of their cheap contracts and abilities.

Reactions: teddygmr

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'd be pretty inclined to put Marner, but who knows? They are gonna play hardball.

I'd also include guys like Moore, Petan, and Rosen due to a combination of their cheap contracts and abilities.

I wish I could put Marner on there... but if rumours are true that he wants more than Matthews... giddy up.

and all the lesser players on cheap contracts, well you'd think they will be here, yet, anyone could be an addition to a trade.

But, then, we could all be shocked (disappointed?) and there might not be many changes at all...

Reactions: Duke16

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta

I really dont understand how this kid isn't getting more hype. hell DiPietro last year was a hype machine . seems like scott is a after thought for a lot of the prospect junkies. Kid has done nothing but improve each year and is having a godly season/post season to match. has had a decent to heavy work load each game. great reflexes angles position and agility for a keeper.

have high hopes for both he and Woll

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Sunday April 28th

Games today

Game 6: Guelph wins 5-1
Series tied 3-3
Gordeev 1 goal

Game 6: Prince Albert wins 4-2
Prince Albert wins series 4-2
Scott 2 goals on 34 shots

Liiga
Finals: Karpat(2) vs HPK(5)
Series tied 2-2
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 4 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 15 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

2nd round: Saginaw(1) vs Guelph(4)
Series tied 3-3
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 6 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Playoffs:
GP 17 Goals 2 Assists 1 Points 3
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Edmonton(1)
Prince Albert wins series 4-2
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 6 SV% .934 GAA 1.93 SO 2
Playoffs:
GP 16 SV% .930 GAA 1.84 SO 3
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

Reactions: FreeBird

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't know what to say on Gordeev. The OHL scouts seem to like him, and he skates well for a big guy plus has good puck skills, but the production isn't there at all.
Obviously I wouldn't sign him to an ELC, however maybe an AHL deal.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Is it just me or does it seem as though almost everyone who puts down Liljegren does so based on offensive numbers? I have never really understood that. He has never put up big offensive numbers anywhere in his career. Granted, he has regularly been playing above where he is (which to me is great). Now I can understand how people feel he will grow into a decently offensive player but I don't get why it seems to be the knock many hold against him? He has a skillset that matches extremely well with what this team needs.....someone who won't turn into a panick show with the puck in his end, rather will get it out.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Who do you guys think will be on the leafs next year to start the season?

Defence:
100% - Rosen
Liljigren (and to a little extent Sandin) has a good opportunity to grab that 3rd RHD spot

Forwards:
100% - Moore
99% - Bracco (I think there is like a 1% chance Babcock doesn't want him on the Leafs)
Engvall has a good opportunity to grab that 4C role away from Gauthier

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Did somebody just call Lilly Connor Carrick?

LMFAO

I would bet money on the fact Lilly will be a top 4 D in the NHL.

Not spectacular, just a solid RHD, who can exit the zone, put up some points, and close gaps quickly.

Connor Carrick HAHAHA

The comparison could be better, but carrick was dominant in the ahl that could do the above in the ahl (nhl is a different story).

Reactions: DanM

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
To start the season, no. Rosen did
Then there was the injury
When Rosen was injured/up with the Leafs I know it was Liljigren and Sandin on the PP, with Sandin usually playing with Bracco

Ok, then his numbers are fine.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Defence:
100% - Rosen
Liljigren (and to a little extent Sandin) has a good opportunity to grab that 3rd RHD spot

Forwards:
100% - Moore
99% - Bracco (I think there is like a 1% chance Babcock doesn't want him on the Leafs)
Engvall has a good opportunity to grab that 4C role away from Gauthier

A) it’s not Babs decision and B) it’s more like a 60% chance, so A) is lucky for Bracco.

Bracco should replace Nylander in the lineup after they dump the guy.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
A) it’s not Babs decision and B) it’s more like a 60% chance, so A) is lucky for Bracco.

Bracco should replace Nylander in the lineup after they dump the guy.

And if Babcock doesn't want to play him he won't play him and will sit in press box like Leivo did (and Holl...and Marincin)

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I don't know what to say on Gordeev. The OHL scouts seem to like him, and he skates well for a big guy plus has good puck skills, but the production isn't there at all.
Obviously I wouldn't sign him to an ELC, however maybe an AHL deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad