Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
So Hollowell got robbed of OHL D of the year by Bouchard somehow. The player who played 45 games, and wasn't even the best Dman on the team. Guess they had to make up for him not getting it last year. Hollowell finished 2nd.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Alot of people though Moore didn't have a shot of making the or the NHL.
I think both are on the cusp of making the NHL.

I was one of those people, and TBH up until March of last year, I was probably going to be right. It shows that it is never too late.

I started writing off Timashov too and then he just turned things on too.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
So Hollowell got robbed of OHL D of the year by Bouchard somehow. The player who played 45 games, and wasn't even the best Dman on the team. Guess they had to make up for him not getting it last year. Hollowell finished 2nd.

Bouchard was really good and Hollowell was a year older. I'm not torn up about it. If you are number two to a guy who is only a year younger and went 10th overall, you are doing something right.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Anways doesn't seem to matter. If anyone criticizes a Leaf prospect, all hell breaks loose lol. He's regressed clearly since his draft year. Doesn't mean he isn't still a good prospect and doesn't mean he can't make the NHL. He will need to improve though. An offensive-defenceman putting up 15 pts after putting up 17 the year before is not a good look, especially considering he's know to make mistakes in the D zone. Rumours are the Kings chose Durzi over him and he's a year older. Don't playa hate.

Just seems like you've compiled a bunch of sources that probably have very little idea of who Liljegren is outside of some scouting reports and his production, with some speculation sprinkled in.

If that rumour were true, then I think that is just more of an indication of LA not knowing how to value talent properly, because I can definitively say that Durzi is no where near the quality of prospect Liljegren is at this point. The guy couldn't even crack the AHL on a team with little RD depth at the time, and he was 6 months older than Liljegren who already had a full year of AHL experience under his belt. Hollowell ended up passing him on the depth chart, and was voted a better defenseman in the OHL this year.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Just seems like you've compiled a bunch of sources that probably have very little idea of who Liljegren is outside of some scouting reports and his production.

Lol? Dude you gotta be shittin me. Most of the writeups late 2018 early 2019 have been somewhat negative.

He's clearly regressed. He's supposed to be offensively dominant. He isn't even close to that in 2 full AHL seasons. He has 4 assists in 23 playoff games. You wanna close your eyes that's fine by me. Hiding from the truth helps nobody though.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I guarantee it wasn't a choice between Lily and Durzi.

Also the hockey news is a joke, it's not "the NHL" and they're literal garbage.

Yeah I disagree. This stuffs been talked about. You can believe what you want tho that's fine.

I would appreciate if you used the word literal properly though.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Lol? Dude you gotta be ****tin me. Most of the writeups late 2018 early 2019 have been somewhat negative.

He's clearly regressed. He's supposed to be offensively dominant. He isn't even close to that in 2 full AHL seasons. He has 4 assists in 23 playoff games. You wanna close your eyes that's fine by me. Hiding from the truth helps nobody though.

You are literally proving my original point. I don't dispute quantity. I dispute quality.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
You are literally proving my original point. I don't dispute quantity. I dispute quality.

Anyone who disagrees with you you'll just say it's not quality. I get being defensive but being blind doesn't help.

It's all over the scouting world he's not great defensively. He's regressed offensively. Bob Mac, Gord Miller, Leaf Lunch, Overdrive - have all speculated he's now tradeable and hasn't progressed in his development.

But again, you're allowed to believe what you want. So no, I'm not 'literally' proving your point. You're also using the word literally improperly. What can I expect though? You do you.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Anyone who disagrees with you you'll just say it's not quality. I get being defensive but being blind doesn't help.

It's all over the scouting world he's not great defensively. He's regressed offensively. Bob Mac, Gord Miller, Leaf Lunch, Overdrive - have all speculated he's now tradeable and hasn't progressed in his development.

But again, you're allowed to believe what you want. So no, I'm not 'literally' proving your point. You're also using the word literally improperly. What can I expect though? You do you.

Post the stuff from McKenzie and Miller. If you have something from them, saying that he has not progressed, I'll listen to what they have to say. The rest is a complete waste of time.

You continuously choose to trust speculation and sources that have likely rarely, if ever, seen Liljegren play in the past two years over his own coach, and various people who follow the Marlies very closely who directly dispute everything you are getting from your sources. Even Mac and Miller are not regularly watching Marlies games. They have more important crap to do. Leafs Lunch and Overdrive definitely do not.

So you are right, I will do me and you can do you. If you want to be like everyone other arrogant and ignorant troll on this board and believing random crap that is designed to get clicks from people like you, then have fun wasting your time. I'll stick to actually watching the games and trusting the people who actually know what they are talking about.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The thing was basically if Lilly was part of the package, LA would have to add, so LA moved on to Durzi instead.
The Kings didn't choose him over Lilly.
Rob Blake should be fired from his job if that happened.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Post the stuff from McKenzie and Miller. If you have something from them, saying that he has not progressed, I'll listen to what they have to say. The rest is a complete waste of time.

You continuously choose to trust speculation and sources that have likely rarely, if ever, seen Liljegren play in the past two years over his own coach, and various people who follow the Marlies very closely who directly dispute everything you are getting from your sources. Even Mac and Miller are not regularly watching Marlies games. They have more important crap to do. Leafs Lunch and Overdrive definitely do not.

So you are right, I will do me and you can do you. If you want to be like everyone other arrogant and ignorant troll on this board and believing random crap that is designed to get clicks from people like you, then have fun wasting your time. I'll stick to actually watching the games and trusting the people who actually know what they are talking about.
Quoted for truth.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just seems like you've compiled a bunch of sources that probably have very little idea of who Liljegren is outside of some scouting reports and his production, with some speculation sprinkled in.

If that rumour were true, then I think that is just more of an indication of LA not knowing how to value talent properly, because I can definitively say that Durzi is no where near the quality of prospect Liljegren is at this point. The guy couldn't even crack the AHL on a team with little RD depth at the time, and he was 6 months older than Liljegren who already had a full year of AHL experience under his belt. Hollowell ended up passing him on the depth chart, and was voted a better defenseman in the OHL this year.
Mirtle also mentioned Durzi had soured among OHL scouts.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Thats the problem. Posters just watch one game, and trust people that don't even see the games, and think they know everything about prospect. It doesn't help when it fits their narrative.
When the coach and other people who actually see the player, and give him praise, they ignore it.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Friday April 26th

Games today

Game 5: Guelph wins 4-0
Saginaw leads 3-2
Game 5: Vancouver wins 3-2
Vancouver wins series 4-1
Game 6: Prince Albert wins 4-0
Prince Albert leads 3-2
Scott 24 save shutout

Liiga
Finals: Karpat(2) vs HPK(5)
HPK leads 2-1
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 14 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

2nd round: Saginaw(1) vs Guelph(4)
Saginaw leads 3-2
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 5 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 16 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Edmonton(1)
Prince Albert leads 3-2
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 5 SV% .933 GAA 1.91 SO 2
Playoffs:
GP 15 SV% .929 GAA 1.83 SO 3
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

3rd round: Vancouver(1) vs Spokane(2)
Filip Kral
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 13 Goals Assists 2 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 10 Assists: 26 Points: 36
Notes
Spokane is eliminated. Kral got hurt in game 3. He finished the game but didn't play in the next 2 games. I'm not sure if he will join the Marlies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Filip Kral final stats regular season and playoffs.
GP: 60
Goals: 10
Assists: 28

His production wasn't great in the playoffs, but from the very little info I have, he was still playing well.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Morgan Rielly put up 4 points in 22 games in his first year post draft in the AHL. Liljegren is at an age where he is not usually allowed to play full time in the AHL. Let's not let Sandin's emergence as a blue chip prospect change our opinions too much on Liljegren. Next year is a big year for him.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Morgan Rielly put up 4 points in 22 games in his first year post draft in the AHL. Liljegren is at an age where he is not usually allowed to play full time in the AHL. Let's not let Sandin's emergence as a blue chip prospect change our opinions too much on Liljegren. Next year is a big year for him.

Agreed. I'm not over him yet. I think he has a chance to prove something in the playoffs, and have a rebound year in 2019-2020.

With that said, his first 2 years in the AHL have been underwhelming. He was good but not great at the world juniors. Alot of analysts are questioning if he has the decision making and defensive play for the NHL, I guess we'll let him prove that. He is very young still.

Oh and just a note on Dubas and Sheldon Keefe. They're great people. They don't throw guys under the bus, especially young people who need support. Dubas took a grenade for the whole Leafs team when he easily could have called people out. Keefe has the same mentality as Dubas as they've been together for years. You really think he's going to call a 19 year old out? No, ou pump their tires and allow them to grow confidence.

I've been a Leaf fan for my life and I used to get offended when people criticized prospects too. Hopefully you guys(other posters) will get over that phase. The fact that some of you personally attacked me over a prospect is telling.

Last edited:

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Filip Kral final stats regular season and playoffs.
GP: 60
Goals: 10
Assists: 28

His production wasn't great in the playoffs, but from the very little info I have, he was still playing well.

Ofcourse he is. No prospect on the Leafs could ever play bad or regress.

Guy had a horrible playoffs and you're still saying "from the very little info I have he's playing well."

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Agreed. I'm not over him yet. I think he has a chance to prove something in the playoffs, and have a rebound year in 2019-2020.

With that said, his first 2 years in the AHL have been underwhelming. He was good but not great at the world juniors. Alot of analysts are questioning if he has the decision making and defensive play for the NHL, I guess we'll let him prove that. He is very young still.

Oh and just a note on Dubas and Sheldon Keefe. They're great people. They don't throw guys under the bus, especially young people who need support. Dubas took a grenade for the whole Leafs team when he easily could have called people out. Keefe has the same mentality as Dubas as they've been together for years. You really think he's going to call a 19 year old out? No, ou pump their tires and allow them to grow confidence.

I've been a Leaf fan for my life and I used to get offended when people criticized prospects too. Hopefully you guys(other posters) will get over that phase. The fact that some of you personally attacked me over a prospect is telling.
giphy.gif

You think Keefe is going to play a 19 year old on the top pairing all year if he wasn't somewhat good defensively and could be trusted?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Friday April 26th

Games today

Game 5: Guelph wins 4-0
Saginaw leads 3-2
Game 5: Vancouver wins 3-2
Game 6: Prince Albert wins 4-0
Prince Albert leads 3-2
Scott 24 save shutout

Liiga
Finals: Karpat(2) vs HPK(5)
HPK leads 2-1
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 14 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

2nd round: Saginaw(1) vs Guelph(4)
Saginaw leads 3-2
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 5 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 16 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Edmonton(1)
Prince Albert leads 3-2
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 5 SV% .933 GAA 1.91 SO 2
Playoffs:
GP 15 SV% .929 GAA 1.83 SO 3
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

3rd round: Vancouver(1) vs Spokane(2)
Filip Kral
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 13 Goals Assists 2 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 10 Assists: 26 Points: 36
Notes
Spokane is eliminated. Kral got hurt in game 3. He finished the game but didn't play in the next 2 games. I'm not sure if he will join the Marlies.

Probably not. Also not sure he heads back to Spokane next year. He would be their best defenseman by far, as they are likely losing Ty Smith to New Jersey, but he takes up an Import and OA spot. He plays LD when Spokane has a lot of good LD right now, including another OA who may be able to handle top pairing duties. They could then use that Import spot to get a RD puck mover to try and replace Smith.

Kral can probably go to a Czech top league team and play good minutes next year. He already had a fair bit of Czech pro experience before he was even drafted by the Leafs. So he may decide to go over there for a year and come back to play for the Marlies in a year's time. I'm not sure he has earned an ELC this year, but a good showing in the Czech league as a 20 year old will probably earn him an ELC, just like it did for Lindgren last year when he played in the Liiga. Both are of similar type and quality as players.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
giphy.gif

You think Keefe is going to play a 19 year old on the top pairing all year if he wasn't somewhat good defensively and could be trusted?

He was underwhelming.

Also, from the reports I've heard Sandin played alot more than him. Rosen also did when he was on the team.

I've tried before finding the stats on TOI AHL but couldn't. I'm sure you've seen the tweets of games Sandin played 26-28 mins. I haven't seen that about Liljegren. You could correct me ofcourse if I missed something?

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
He was underwhelming.

Also, from the reports I've heard Sandin played alot more than him. Rosen also did when he was on the team.

I've tried before finding the stats on TOI AHL but couldn't. I'm sure you've seen the tweets of games Sandin played 26-28 mins. I haven't seen that about Liljegren. You could correct me ofcourse if I missed something?
I mean you can say something as many times as you want, doesn't mean it's true. Not sure what Sandin playing 25+ minutes a couple of times has to do with Liljegren playing on the top pairing all season

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
I mean you can say something as many times as you want, doesn't mean it's true. Not sure what Sandin playing 25+ minutes a couple of times has to do with Liljegren playing on the top pairing all season

I know he started the season top pairing. He didn't stay there though. Is he back there now? Where's the icetime stats? What I'm saying is Sandin was playing 25 mins a night. Dubas commented on it in an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad