Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Any update on Ryan McGregor?...Since they released him from his AHL tryout , I imagine he becomes a free agent on July 1st?

I believe like any guy drafted out of the CHL on their first go around 2 years ago they have until June 1st to sign him, if he goes unsigned he goes back into next years draft

member 262271

This thread right here is the only one that matters going forward. I want Keefe to be the coach of the Leafs eventually, keep it going strong for the Marlies!

Reactions: 7even and Eye Test

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Very interesting that Hutch could go down without waivers. Must be some rule about the season being over because even all the media personnel were saying he would require waivers to go back when he was called up. Granted the media has been wrong before but it's been well past 30 days since he last cleared.

Or maybe he was on waivers and literally nobody reported it? That would be a bit unlikely though.

Reactions: teddygmr

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I would probably give Kaskisuo game 1 just because he played so well in round 1, but I would expect Hutch to take over at some point.

I don't think that is going to happen at all and Hutch is 100% going to be backup throughout the series...unless Kask falls off the cliff again. Kask is young and needs to develop and if he is at leave giving the Marlies a chance to win he should be in net
Thing is Kask has been playing lightsout ever since Hutch was called up so lets see what happens

horner

May 22, 2007
Hopefully they get Marincin back as well. They could win with a little depth. I'm glad Moore, Rosen and Hutch have returned.
Marincin no

I want to see the players that are in the Leafs future to get ice time.
Marincin won't be back next yr ( he sucks )

Rather see what Hollowell can do ( so far he has looked really good )

horner

May 22, 2007
I don't think that is going to happen at all and Hutch is 100% going to be backup throughout the series...unless Kask falls off the cliff again. Kask is young and needs to develop and if he is at leave giving the Marlies a chance to win he should be in net
Thing is Kask has been playing lightsout ever since Hutch was called up so lets see what happens
Let kask take the load.
Now he has a backup that is a seasoned veteran.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Marincin no

I want to see the players that are in the Leafs future to get ice time.
Marincin won't be back next yr ( he sucks )

Rather see what Hollowell can do ( so far he has looked really good )
I would like to see him too. But, what I want more than that is back to back calder cups. Marincin would give us another edge. Hollowell is always there in case of injury.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Yeah I heard it while listening to the radio? They had a full conversation about how he's not ready.

You're just throwing a bunch of personal insults now. If you don't like or agree with my opinion that's fine, no need to insult me.

So because the doorknobs on leafs lunch said something you believe it?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah pretty much. Not to mention the scouting report I posted. And the eye test.
No not much. The tweets I posted, and the eye test.
But no, an HF boards user knows more then the coach and the people who watch him every game.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Can someone comment on Keefes coaching style, tactics and personality .

I haven't been able to watch much Marlies last 2 years

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Timothy Liljegren: Evaluating his development 18 months after his draft selection | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Liljegren was criticized by many scouting outlets for his high-risk play, but I am almost always willing to take a gamble on speed and skill. He profiled as a right-shooting defenceman who would be a high-end powerplay quarterback, with enough lateral quickness to keep up with high-end forwards.
An Updated Timothy Liljegren Scouting Report
I’m still a big fan of Liljegren’s lateral quickness and shot. He’s 6’0″ with a strong lower-half and building a stronger upper-body should help him to be a standout in terms of neutral zone defence. He could be playing in the OHL right now, but he’s quick enough to face top competition at the AHL level and fare reasonably well.
My main criticisms of his game are that he’s mistake-prone, fairly weak in the corners, and often struggles with zone exits. Jake Gardiner is the perfect example of a defenceman who is mistake-prone yet effective, but he’s miles ahead of where Liljegren is at offensively. I’ve watched Liljegren put on a show with the puck on his stick against his own age group, but he’s just not taking over games yet at the AHL level.
As he continues to develop, he should turn into one of the better offensive defencemen in the AHL. I don’t see him earning a call-up until he reaches that level, as these type of plays will stress his coaches out:

However, given the fact that he does not play a mature style, we will probably have to wait until he’s dominant at the AHL level before he gets a call-up. Patience will be required here, but he still looks like a player who deserved to be taken around the middle of the first round.

Future Watch 2019: the NHL's top 10 falling prospects - TheHockeyNews

Lilly is #8 on the NHLs top 10 falling prospects.

Anways doesn't seem to matter. If anyone criticizes a Leaf prospect, all hell breaks loose lol. He's regressed clearly since his draft year. Doesn't mean he isn't still a good prospect and doesn't mean he can't make the NHL. He will need to improve though. An offensive-defenceman putting up 15 pts after putting up 17 the year before is not a good look, especially considering he's know to make mistakes in the D zone. Rumours are the Kings chose Durzi over him and he's a year older. Don't playa hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad