Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lilly had a tough start just like the team, but since he has been really good.
He is the best transitional defenceman on the team, and I don't think it's close.
His defensive game has come a long way from the start of last season. The coach gave him praise for his play. Dubas thought he could be a callup later in the season.
In other words, Lilly has regressed.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
After someone proves all your points wrong, you say even more false things.

Oh yes, a guy with great underlying numbers and eye test looking good, has regressed.
His defensive is more then okay. The stats are only down because he is on the 2nd PP unit.

If you can't act like an adult I'll treat you as such.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Overall his defensive game has been good. He makes mistakes, but that isn't uncommon at his age. He isn't putting up the points we had hoped at draft, but he's also better than expected defensively. I'd love to see him dominate offensively at the AHL level too, and become all around. But, I'd expect a call up next season... We shall see how he translates at that point.

I agree. I think he's decent defensively. I'm worried about the offensive regression.

It's my view that a player should have to dominate at the AHL level before getting a call up. Doesn't mean he can't make mistakes. I don't see domination though.

To me Lilly has higher end skills than Sandin, but Sandin has seemed to put it together. I don't know if it's an IQ thing or a confidence thing. Hopefully he can translate his elite level skating to the NHL.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I agree. I think he's decent defensively. I'm worried about the offensive regression.

It's my view that a player should have to dominate at the AHL level before getting a call up. Doesn't mean he can't make mistakes. I don't see domination though.

To me Lilly has higher end skills than Sandin, but Sandin has seemed to put it together. I don't know if it's an IQ thing or a confidence thing. Hopefully he can translate his elite level skating to the NHL.
It's mainly role.
Lilly doesn't get much PP time. Some of it is because they have focused a lot on improving him defensively. Some of it is because Rosen and Sandin have been terrific on the PP.
I have praised Lilly a lot, but his skating isn't elite. It's good but people overstate his skating.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
If I can find it I will. It was said on Leafs lunch forsure. 2 other people said the exact same thing while I was listening to the radio. This was after I had said what I said in this thread.
The problem is that you aren't watching the games and relying on the opinions of others who also aren't watching the games.

Reactions: The Kessel Run

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Thursday April 25th

Games today

Game 3: HPK wins 3-0
HPK leads 2-1

Liiga
Finals: Karpat(2) vs HPK(5)
HPK leads 2-1
Jesper Lindgren
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 14 Goals 1 Assists 3 Points 4
Regular season:
GP: 45 Goals: 2 Assists: 17 Points: 19

OHL

2nd round: Saginaw(1) vs Guelph(4)
Saginaw leads 3-1
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 4 Goals Assists 1 Points 1
Playoffs:
GP 15 Goals 1 Assists 1 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Edmonton(1)
Series tied 2-2
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 4 SV% .920 GAA 2.36 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 14 SV% .924 GAA 1.96 SO 2
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

3rd round: Vancouver(1) vs Spokane(2)
Vancouver leads 3-1
Filip Kral
Series:
GP 3 Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 13 Goals Assists 2 Points 2
Regular season:
GP: 47 Goals: 10 Assists: 26 Points: 36

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
A randon question but is there any way to see what kind of contracts our Russian prospects have?

I know Korshkov can come over after April 30th, but I'd like to see Kara come over as early as next season.

Kizimov has a chance at the WJC next year so I'd leave him for a year but clearly our development staff has done a tremendous job with guys internally recently. Even undrafted guys like Moore and Marchment.

Our Russian prospects have been bounced around like crazy and I'd like to see us bring them over at around 20 years old and playing with the Marlies.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
so it looks like the Marlies are playing the Cleveland Monsters, first game is Wednesday.

Does anyone know what is going on with Moore? Has he been sent down? And if not is there a reason?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
so it looks like the Marlies are playing the Cleveland Monsters, first game is Wednesday.

Does anyone know what is going on with Moore? Has he been sent down? And if not is there a reason?

Not yet but I think they should. It would be awesome to have the best chance at winning back to back Calder cups. It would be huge for development of guys like Bracco, Sandin, Marchment, Liljegren, etc.

Adding Moore to the Marlies would be like adding a Marner level player at the NHL level --- if that makes sense.

Reactions: teddygmr

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Not yet but I think they should. It would be awesome to have the best chance at winning back to back Calder cups. It would be huge for development of guys like Bracco, Sandin, Marchment, Liljegren, etc.

Adding Moore to the Marlies would be like adding a Marner level player at the NHL level --- if that makes sense.

It could be the ol’ “he’s an NHL player now”

They’d rather give the development time to others who need it, rather than Moore, who is arguably a top 9 NHL player already.

It happened last season with Kapanen.

It’s happened a few times IIRC

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
What is NHLe?
Not 100% sure but I think it's what their production in the leagues they played in would've translated to the NHL if that's where they played this year. They got formulas for all that stuff though so don't ask me how they calculate it lol.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
It could be the ol’ “he’s an NHL player now”

They’d rather give the development time to others who need it, rather than Moore, who is arguably a top 9 NHL player already.

It happened last season with Kapanen.

It’s happened a few times IIRC
Sounds likely, but it’s not like the forward ranks are overflowing....so, I’d imagine they’re weighing the merits of ‘better chance of winning with Moore in the lineup’ vs. playing time for....who?
I’d put the weight on winning. Better learning for more guys.
Plus. Moore could play 20 hours of hockey a day with that motor. It’s gotta rub off

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Nice, and we don't even have to go up against Syracuse after losing to Cleveland (the irony is so real). We should be able to easily dispatch them now that we have a full lineup, but we should not get cocky... Beating Syracuse handily is not an easy feat, even though they are overrated.

My guess is either one of Greening/Jooris goes to the 4th line with Oleksy comes out of the lineup and we go back to 6 defensemen, or MacMaster comes out with Jooris/Greening and Baptiste as our 10th and 11th forwards with the 7 defensemen setup.

I guess they aren't forcing Marincin to join the team, and TBH, they don't need him even though he'd be a welcome addition himself.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
On a second and totally unrelated note, RW Kristian Pospisil, an AHL contract who has missed the entire season due to an ACL injury (or something like that) is going to the Liiga on a Try-Out. Good luck to him, people thought he had promise... But we now have a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad