Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That's a mistake on Goins part, should be only 1 out, stepping on the bag makes it a force, runner then can stay at 2nd

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I think there's only one out there, the runner that was one first going to second is out on the force, but the guy who was on second I think is safe as he went back to second before getting tagged.....I think.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not sure why they're reviewing it though, is the umps not knowing what actually happened force/non force reviewable?

Goins should have tagged the other runner first though, he would have been out before the force out, can't really blame him though, weird play in the moment

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Goins should've went to third

I think Goins would have been fine getting the 2 outs if he tags the runner standing on 2nd before he steps on the base. The runner who started at 2nd is not longer obligated to 2nd on that play I don't think because he's been forced to run to 3rd, once they tag him out, they step on 2nd for the double play.

Throwing to 3rd would have certainly got it, and they probably would have had time to throw back to 2nd but I think would would have been fine tag/force instead of force/tag

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I think Goins would have been fine getting the 2 outs if he tags the runner standing on 2nd before he steps on the base. The runner who started at 2nd is not longer obligated to 2nd on that play I don't think because he's been forced to run to 3rd, once they tag him out, they step on 2nd for the double play.

Throwing to 3rd would have certainly got it, and they probably would have had time to throw back to 2nd but I think would would have been fine tag/force instead of force/tag

Yeah, the best/easiest play was for Goins to just touch the runner on the base before actually touching the base. I think the speed at which the play unfolded combined with the uncertainty about whether or not it was caught AND weather or not an infield fly had been called made it too much to process in a short time, so Goins was just steppin and taggin anyone he could find.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
3 walks, 2 HBP, 0 K's.

Tepesch is going to earn another start with this probably but I'm not sure how much of it was actually good, but whatever works I guess. I won't be expecting good thing the next time out

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
3 walks, 2 HBP, 0 K's.

Tepesch is going to earn another start with this probably but I'm not sure how much of it was actually good, but whatever works I guess. I won't be expecting good thing the next time out

Classic Rangers era Tepesch start. Texas loves those pitchers that walk a lot and strike out little.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Watched the first couple innings and it really felt like Tepesch was lucky some of those early inning warning track fly-outs weren't homeruns.

Fully expect a smacking the next time Tepesch is out there.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Estrada went from a legit ace to legit garbage. If not for last season Estrada would be one of the worst in baseball. Really like him as a person but this loser sucks

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Well jays are exactly where I thought they woule be after 1st 2 games of this series 1-1. Have them going 2-2 in the 4 game set. Would have been nice to win 3/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad