Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Right call obviously, that ump was looking right at the play, how he thought that ball popping out of the glove was just normal removing the ball from his glove I'll never know. One of the worst initial calls I've ever seen TBH.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Well now hold on. If Smoak caught the ball again with his bare hand would that be considered a transfer? I mean he never dropped the ball, and he caught it before the runner reached first.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well now hold on. If Smoak caught the ball again with his bare hand would that be considered a transfer? I mean he never dropped the ball, and he caught it before the runner reached first.

I don't think releasing the ball with your glove(or tossing it with your glove) and catching it in your bare hand counts as a transfer but I'm not sure about that.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Those player gift bags for Jays Care that keep getting advertised are weird. There's some obvious fan-lure merch in them like autographed gear and bobbleheads, but then the other stuff is an odd mixture of everyday run-of-the-mill stuff and oddly specific luxury goods. Like Marco Estrada will give you a bottle of wine, a bottle of cologne, and a pack of $30 underwear. But then you also get a back of Chips Ahoy cookies, a back of chips, and an Iron Man DVD (not even a Blu-Ray). All of which you could go to Wal-Mart and pick up for like $20.

I know they're supposed to represent the player and their personality, but they just end up feeling bland and disappointing.

Joe Biagini's basket is also depressingly vanilla. a bunch of golf stuff, a movie, and a supermarket brand of salami.

Also all the clothes or sports gear is pre-set in its variables. So you'd better wear size 9 or 10 shoes, medium/large shirts, or golf right handed if you want anything.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if Robertson got the retaliatory bean for hitting JD earlier aswell as what just happened. Assuming ofcourse the jays score atleast another run. Can't worry bout that stuff when you're dealing with bringing the tying run to the plate.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Couldn't that be considered interference? Im not sure what the rule book says in that situation but I've seen interference called in run downs when the fielder impedes the progress of the runner. The guy clearly stepped on goins arm and slowed it down.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
When you blow a call like that you better let the guy vent

Yeah I know, but umpires and idiots and hypocrites, Gibby did argue way more than Longoria, I just hate the "Arguing balls and strikes is an automatic ejection" excuse everytime it happens yet so often they do jack **** all when people argue. Gibby's arguing wasn't so bad that you had to toss him there. If you're not going to toss absolutely everyone by the book(which would be really awful) then it better be really bad. Gibby didn't need to be tossed there.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Rowley having another decent start. He's had some walk issues this game which are going to make his peripherals go full Jo-Jo what with the small sample size, but he's earning himself a 3rd start.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Biagini threw 73 pitches for Buffalo today.

Would he get another rehab start or is he ready to go now?

EDIT: Not rehab, just a AAA start

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Rowley having another decent start. He's had some walk issues this game which are going to make his peripherals go full Jo-Jo what with the small sample size, but he's earning himself a 3rd start.

He's done a good job pitching around guys and not giving them anything to crush, but he's going to need to control that zone next time around.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh:

In a discussion specifically about how great Chris Archer is and his record sucks because he doesn't get run support, Buck takes the opportunity to take a shot at analytics' dislike of wins as an evaluative tool because "you win games to get to the world series"

and then immediately after that comment he notes that Archer has a crap career record against the AL East (even though he just finished praising how good he is.

:facepalm::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad