Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
AA: We have belief in this team that they can win
Keeps Pillar as starting CF.
AA is a pathetic disaster. No wonder nobody wants him as GM.
Shapiro needs to clean up the trash left by AA.
Lets hope Shapiro continues to make great decisions and so far has impressed.

Nice to have good management for once.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
AA: We have belief in this team that they can win
Keeps Pillar as starting CF.
AA is a pathetic disaster. No wonder nobody wants him as GM.
Shapiro needs to clean up the trash left by AA.
Lets hope Shapiro continues to make great decisions and so far has impressed.

Nice to have good management for once.

It was Shap's acquisition that directly lost us the game, so...

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It was Shap's acquisition that directly lost us the game, so...

Yup AA players never had bad games ever. Oh wait.
Nice trade for Revere AA. Strikes out with men on 2nd and 3rd in game 6 on 9th inning of ALCS
His acquisition cost us that game, so...
Hey AA should have stopped getting players that strike out in important games?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He isnt an MLB calibre but not AAA calibre is completely silly
Than again if AA made this move, nobody would say anything potentially

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
AA was terrible....oh wait he got results TO had not seen in 22 years.

Shapiro is awful so far.

AA was terrible. Sorry if you cant see it. He destroyed this team for 2 years of success. Oh wait he also gave us declining stars. He only cares about reputation. Plus took him 5 years too finally do something good.
Shapiro is great so far. He actually cares about winning. AA only reputation.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Shapiro is awful so far.

Yeah, I don't see where all the hate for AA comes from when his acquisitions allowed the Jays to make the playoffs two years in a row for the first time since '93.

While the jury is still out on Shapiro, I personally don't have much confidence in him.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
So his Morales, Pearce, Liriano, and so on...
All Shapiro acquisitions.

Morales is overpaid for his production and still had 2yrs/22 Mill left. Pearce was a good signing.

However I question your ability to objectively judge Shatkins. They said they wanted to get younger, more athletic, more left handed prior to last offseason. It didn't happen. They rushed the Morales signing with equal (actually with hindsight better) options that are cheaper and provide more value like Morland.

AA wasn't as bad as you make it out to be and Shatkins aren't as good as you make them out to be. So far it's too early to tell.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Yeah, I don't see where all the hate for AA comes from when his acquisitions allowed the Jays to make the playoffs two years in a row for the first time since '93.

While the jury is still out on Shapiro, I personally don't have much confidence in him.

Thank u. Many don't want to see playoffs I guess. What a shame.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
AA was terrible. Sorry if you cant see it. He destroyed this team for 2 years of success. Oh wait he also gave us declining stars. He only cares about reputation. Plus took him 5 years too finally do something good.

So AA is terrible because he tried to win but Shapiro is great because he cares about winning

These opinions on AA are beyond face palm worthy

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Thank u. Many don't want to see playoffs I guess. What a shame.

His acquisitions also resulted in a current 54-61 record. Or are we only allowed to pin the bad on Shapiro for actually letting AA's core play out instead of trading them off after 2015?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Someone needs to do some Pavlov-style behavioural conditioning on Pillar this offseason on his hitting approach.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

AA did a good job he got to the point where he had enough talent on the everyday squad where he could go for it and rightfully so since they made the playoffs 2 years in a row. Looking at the current squad and within the next few years since Shapiro will hit the 5 year mark in 3 more years. I would be stunned if they were at the same level AA had them at. I have news for you every GM cares about winning as well, yes I know it's a funny concept but every team wants to win.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

AA did a good job he got to the point where he had enough talent on the everyday squad where he could go for it and rightfully so since they made the playoffs 2 years in a row. Looking at the current squad and within the next few years since Shapiro will hit the 5 year mark in 3 more years. I would be stunned if they were at the same level AA had them at. I have news for you every GM cares about winning as well, yes I know it's a funny concept but every team wants to win.

Considering a bunch of those salaries come off the books in the next two years and Alford, Vlad, Bichette, Warmoth, Jansen et al will be making their major league appearances within that 3 year frame, I could definitely see them being at a similar level.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

Shapiro is awful so far.

AA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shaprio.

AA does one thing very, very well. When he see's an opportunity, he PULLS the trigger.

A good GM will recognize a window of opportunity. He had Bautista, EE, Donaldson in there prime. Wow what a middle of the order in 2015.

I don't care if you trade of the entire farm if you are going to make the playoffs. I don't care if you suffer the consequences later on. If you have chance, take it.

I don't care if you trade off everyone and tank for 5 years. Trade Donaldson, Stroman, Sanchez, get MAX value while you can. Recoup, re-build. Ala Leafs, cubs.

It's the "in the middle - not going for it, but not tanking" approach that absolutely kills team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad