Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As soon as Judge scuffled coming out of the all-star break I knew there was going to be some horse**** nonsense blaming the ASG or the home run derby for screwing Judge up.

Instead of considering, maybe, that judge simply isn't the Ruthian monster his first half tried to paint him as.

I have no ill will towards Judge himself either, but I do enjoy the stuffy Yankees fans having to come back down to earth a bit after the absolutely out-of-control Judge hype machine from May-July.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
As soon as Judge scuffled coming out of the all-star break I knew there was going to be some horse**** nonsense blaming the ASG or the home run derby for screwing Judge up.

Instead of considering, maybe, that judge simply isn't the Ruthian monster his first half tried to paint him as.

I have no ill will towards Judge himself either, but I do enjoy the stuffy Yankees fans having to come back down to earth a bit after the absolutely out-of-control Judge hype machine from May-July.

It's funny how that's always the reason for any post-derby slump, isn't it? Guy has unexpectedly powerful first half, earns a spot in the derby, slumps in second half. Obviously he had somewhat unsustainable numbers for a couple months to earn the spot to begin with and was always bound to regress, so we shouldn't read too much into the situation, right?

Nope! He hit a bunch of BP homeruns and that ruined everything!

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
only 4 games out of a wild card spot.

that's pretty close considering how bad we've sucked.

I've lost count of the lopsided 16-0 losses...it's been an ugly season fraught with injuries and bad trades such as giving away Liriano and Smith...that trade might cost us a postseason.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
only 4 games out of a wild card spot.

that's pretty close considering how bad we've sucked.

thats the great thing about the second wild card spot it will make things very interesting. but with that bull pen and no Sanchez I think we are really sunk but who know, its why they play the games.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I've lost count of the lopsided 16-0 losses...it's been an ugly season fraught with injuries and bad trades such as giving away Liriano and Smith...that trade might cost us a postseason.

How did we give away Liriano and Smith? Those were good trades as we got some young assets back. Plus we were clearly in seller mode. The fact you think those trades were bad is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad