2017 NHL Draft: Russian Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Caesar, one guy had not seen all season was TBs pick from last year - Sosunov. Why he was not invited to the summer tourny last month?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd say because so far it doesn't look like he got anything aside from the size.

Yeah he was drafted hoping his tools would end up matching his frame. Right type of guy to pick that late - low risk, potentially huge reward.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Ustimenko was better than Zhukov at the U18s, in fact he made no real mistakes. Thought he should have been rated higher than he was, but to be one of the top goalies taken, wow. Scouting agencies dropped the ball on that one. Another guy from SKA system

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Great list! Excellent resource for the less informed, like myself haha.

Can you briefly expand on your thoughts of Volkov and Lipanov? Do either of them have top-6 or even top line upside?

Especially Volkov, I have been able to find virtually nothing about him. Do you know of any reason why Yzerman may have picked him so early?

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Great list! Excellent resource for the less informed, like myself haha.

Can you briefly expand on your thoughts of Volkov and Lipanov? Do either of them have top-6 or even top line upside?

Especially Volkov, I have been able to find virtually nothing about him. Do you know of any reason why Yzerman may have picked him so early?

Lipanov has a second line center written all over him, Volkov's upside so far looked more of a middle-six guy. No idea why Yzerman went so early, but probably because he liked his dynamic two-way game: back at the Series, you could see him fighting for the puck in the D zone and just a moment later he was already making trouble in the offensive zone.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lipanov has a second line center written all over him, Volkov's upside so far looked more of a middle-six guy. No idea why Yzerman went so early, but probably because he liked his dynamic two-way game: back at the Series, you could see him fighting for the puck in the D zone and just a moment later he was already making trouble in the offensive zone.

Just pretend we picked Lipanov in the 2nd and Volkov in the 3rd, and everyone's happy.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016

Awesome thanks so much.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
10 players taken so far. Could be a post lockout record this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad