2017 NHL Draft: Russian Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Oh yeah just saw that. Dissapointed the hawks couldnt get lipanov too. I know he was a big toews fan and all. Altybar looks pretty good from some shifts ive seen him and his +/- is pretty good for the mhl and vhl. Was just wondering on your guys opinion of him a lil more. The vhl is equivalent to the ahl in america and he didnt do too bad on the score sheet.

You should try spell couple more of his name's syllables and eventually you will be able to spell it completely. ;) Although I can't blame you, I couldn't remember his name for quite a long time. :D About the opinion, I see high hockey IQ in him, so I definitely like him.

I'm not sure if you are one who hates making player comparisons because I know some people refuse to do it, but do you know of anybody currently in the league that the two Lightning guys, Volkov and Lipanov, closely resemble?

I saw somebody say Palat for Volkov, but I don't know how reputable the person making the comparison is, and I felt it might have been a lazy comparison just because it was a Lightning draft pick to a current Lightning player, so I figured I'd ask.

I compared Lipanov to Larionov and about Volkov and Palat, I'd say that to me there is definitely something good about that comparison.

Would anyone be able to give me a detailed player description of Vladislav Kara?

I can't, almost didn't see him this season probably except the Sochi U20 camp games, as I just didn't consider him as a top prospect this year. Seen him a bit last year too and my impression is that he has some good raw tools (physicality, goalscoring, skating) and a two-way component in his game, but I'm really not sure about his overall hockey sense.

Missed the entire season due to a benign growth on his leg? I hear this guy has the skill to be really good. From Sergei's hometown, and his father was Sergei's idol?

Yep, something like that... although I didn't exactly understand about the injury itself, his MHL team's twitter account recently reported that it was a knee surgery after getting injured in the 2016 U18 WJC, but maybe that benign is some kind of an after-surgery complication or something. Anyway, it has been reported that he is healthy now and preparing for the new season. I've also read that Columbus GK coach Ian Clark was in touch with Tarasov during the whole year, so I guess they know what they are getting.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Yep, something like that... although I didn't exactly understand about the injury itself, his MHL team's twitter account recently reported that it was a knee surgery after getting injured in the 2016 U18 WJC, but maybe that benign is some kind of an after-surgery complication or something. Anyway, it has been reported that he is healthy now and preparing for the new season. I've also read that Columbus GK coach Ian Clark was in touch with Tarasov during the whole year, so I guess they know what they are getting.

Thanks for this information - There is a world of difference between the implications of a knee surgery versus tumor removal. An ACL or MCL injury would suggest potential future problems, but a benign tumor removal suggests surgery recovery (stitches etc.) or perhaps skin transplants if the tumor was on the skin, an injury which once healed probably won't hinder his career. If Columbus was in touch with the player then they would know he was not a risk to draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad