2017 Draft discussion- Sabres pick 8th. Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Liljegren at 8 and Ikonen in the 2nd or 3rd some guy had in his mock

I'd be happy with that!

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I'm hoping for Glass or Tippett. Heiskanen and Makar will be gone. If there's really some truth to the Kane to LA rumors, then I'd love to go after Tippett. He'd be a great addition long term for us. We need some speed in the top 6 if Kane is dealt. Outside of Eichel there truly aren't any speedsters up front, so a high end skater like Tippett would be a nice linemate for Eichel. I'd prefer Tippett over Liljegren. If a guy was projected to be a top 3 pick prior to the season and then come draft time is no where near that spot, that throws red flags up all over. I'd pass on Liljegren.

A big fast high end goal scorer is exactly what Eichel needs for a line mate. Especially if the plan is to give Reinhart his own line, we need a top Line type forward to pair with Eichel. It seems Okposo is attached to the hip with RoR. Carrier doesn't have the offensive aspect to play with Eichel. Reinhart like mentioned will be given his own line. Guys like Bailey and Baptiste are possibilities but aren't guarantees to be long term nhlers let alone good enough to be in the top 6 playing with Jack Eichel. If we can acquire Muzzin for Kane then I would prefer Tippett or Glass at #8. I mean obviously I want Heiskanen or Makar but they won't be there at 8, that's just the facts. And not only that, it really isn't a necessity to draft a D at #8 no matter what because we are weak there. We need dmen right away, as in this summer. Liljegren isn't going to help the Buffalo Sabres in 17-18 or 18-19. Let's go BPA, acquire top 4 dmen this summer through trade and let's draft a future 30 goal scorer like Tippett to replace Kanes ~25 goals and elite high end speed.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
My dream is Makar but I comfort myself with the fact that he literally does have to become close to Karlsson II to justify picking him in the top 10. He could become Troy Stecher, whom I like, but he's not worth a top 10 pick.

If he's gone, which he will be, I'd take Liljegren UNLESS Glass or Vilardi falls to 8th - choosing between Mittelstadt and Liljegren, that's a deadlock to me.

I understand Al Capone's point about Tippett but we already drafted Nylander to be that guy.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Two things:

He's long gone at #8 and the college thing now makes me question, do I want to play that game?

Yes, there is probably a 0.0% chance Makar will be available at 8, but there is also a 0.0% chance Makar plays more than 2 years in College.

Last edited:

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Two things:

He's long gone at #8 and the college thing now makes me question, do I want to play that game?

This posts reminds me of when people were nervous Eichel would actually go back to college for at least another year lol.

Top picks may play a year or two of college but they're never going to wait 4 to go to UFA. It would likely cost them a significant amount of money, both from time, and bonuses to hold out that long.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
from the main board but looks legit...

http://www.tsn.ca/kchow-template-100-1.778987

1. Hischier
2. Patrick
3. Heiskanen
4. Makar
5. Vilardi
6. Mittelstadt
7. Pettersson
8. Glass
14. Valimaki
16. Liljegren

I do wonder what the cost to move up would be, I can't see Vegas or Vancouver interested in taking a D. I can't see Vilardi making it past 5 and I think a team picks Glass higher than 8.

Last edited:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
http://www.tsn.ca/kchow-template-100-1.778987

1) Hischier
2) Patrick
3) Heiskanen
4) Makar
5) Vilardi
6) Mittelstadt
7) Pettersson
8) Glass
9) Rasmussen
10) Tippett
14) Valimaki
16) Liljegren
20) Foote
22) Vaakanaien
25) Hague
28) Timmins
29) Brannstrom

I would be more than comfortable taking a talent of Glass' ability if he were to fall to us at 8. While I know we need a Valimaki, Liljegren, Makar or Heiskanen. There is no reason to force the issue. Let the draft board play to you.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I would be more than comfortable taking a talent of Glass' ability if he were to fall to us at 8. While I know we need a Valimaki, Liljegren, Makar or Heiskanen. There is no reason to force the issue. Let the draft board play to you.

Liljegren behind Valimaki on his list it seems. All the way down at 16. No thanks on him. Glass/Valimaki/Petterson/Vilardi would be great. He also has Brannstrom at 29. If we drops to late 20s and we can trade up with our 2nds/3rds in combo that would be great.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Would you guys be happy if Glass fell to us at 8? I would be ecstatic.

my dream board at 8
1. Glass
2. Liljegren
3. Makar
4. Pettersson
5. Mittelstadt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad