2017 Draft discussion- Sabres pick 8th. Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So 2nd round defense prospects:

David Farrance
Mac Gildon
Ian Mitchell
Pierre Oliver Joseph
Cale Fluery
Luke Martin
Robin Salo

Who else? Preferences?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Idk I think Liljegren is an absolutely perfect fit if Botterill/Housley running this organization.

Valimaki seems the safer option. Id rather go lower reward lower risk where we are in terms of depth on LD. Dont think we can afford to get a bust here and of the 2 Liljegren is more likely to bust it seems.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Valimaki seems the safer option. Id rather go lower reward lower risk where we are in terms of depth on LD. Dont think we can afford to get a bust here and of the 2 Liljegren is more likely to bust it seems.

When's the last time a highly skilled D in the top 10 was a bust? I'm not a huge fan of him, but his package of skill and skating would be elite for a forward. That's exciting when you see the direction the game is trending.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Did you miss where I said "highly skilled" that means guys who have mobility and pucks skills/smarts. That only further proves my point.

How about Derek Pouliot then? Maybe not an official bust yet, but he's headed that way.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
We have one on the team right now.

One whose question mark was the exact same.

22 year old defensemen scores 45 points, while carrying carcas of Josh Gorges around, on a team coached by Dan Bylsma... and you call him a bust.
:laugh:

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yeah I have no issue with taking Liljegren. You cant teach that skill and I think his IQ will improve with more structure. Did he have a rough year? sure, but getting mono and then returning too soon didnt help things. Sometimes **** happens with an 18 year old, timing wasnt good, but saying his ceiling is limited going forward is short sighted imo.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
How about Derek Pouliot then? Maybe not an official bust yet, but he's headed that way.

He was also a massive reach at the draft, we can play this game all day if you want. You might find 5 examples of D with skating and skill ability who were busts drafted within the top 10, I'll find at least 5 times as many that had good careers.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
We have one on the team right now.

One whose question mark was the exact same.

Look at Atlanta's track record of developing players back then, then look at the injuries Bogo has had during his career. Things probably went as bad as they could have for that player.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Look at Atlanta's track record of developing players back then, then look at the injuries Bogo has had during his career. Things probably went as bad as they could have for that player.

Maybe...and this is crazy...maybe it's the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad