2017 Draft discussion- Sabres pick 8th. Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Can you imagine taking all the things you hated about Housley during his tenure here, and coaching that (straight from the source) to the Liljegren that scouts picked apart 2016/2017?

Philjegren would be awesome :laugh:

I like the offensive game Phil brought, I hated that he was a coward on the ice in an era when that just couldn't happen with your best players.

Liljegren is fine with me. I'm really not all that down on any of the guys in that 3-15 range. *shrug* I have preferences.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
So players that are already in the development process are question marks, but the guy who hasn't even been drafted isn't?

Question marks as to whether or not they'll be under team control in 4 years. Is that...hard to understand?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What nhl defender is available for the 8th pick?

There are two huge variables when talking about trading the 8th pick for an NHL D.

Variable X: What D could you get for 8OV?

Variable Y: Who is on the board at 8OV?

Personally, I doubt that Variable X would be a D that has people excited.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
What nhl defender is available for the 8th pick?

Don't are going to move this month with teams jockeying for the expansion protection. The 8th pick gives us an asset to get ahead of all the other teams trying to land them.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Yeah right-trade for an nhl D. So easy to get somebody who will play top 4 minutes at reasonable cost for next few years. Just as it is easy to get rich in stock market...buy low and sell high. Any more astute suggestions?

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
I agree that he's a safe pick and will be a good player, but with Larsson already on the roster and Asplund waiting in the wings, I worry that Andersson won't have a spot to land for a good long time. Seems as though there are far bigger holes in our lineup that need filling.

He is already a better player than Asplund.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
McKeen’s 2017 NHL Draft Rankings – Top 31 – May 31st, 2017
By McKeen's Hockey On May 31, 2017 ·

1 Nolan Patrick
2 Nico Hischier
3 Miro Heiskanen
4 Gabriel Vilardi
5 Casey Mittelstadt
6 Owen Tippett
7 Cale Makar
8 Cody Glass
9 Kristian Vesalainen
10 Michael Rasmussen
11 Elias Pettersson
12 Martin Necas
13 Urho Vaakanainen
14 Juuso Valimaki
15 Robert Thomas
16 Nick Suzuki
17 Lias Andersson
18 Isaac Ratcliffe
19 Erik Brannstrom
20 Timothy Liljegren
21 Klim Kostin
22 Eeli Tolvanen
23 Conor Timmins
24 Kailer Yamamoto
25 Jason Robertson
26 Ryan Poehling
27 Nicolas Hague
28 Josh Norris
29 Shane Bowers
30 Cal Foote
31 Henri Jokiharju

https://www.mckeenshockey.com/nhl-blog/mckeens-2017-nhl-draft-rankings-top-31-31st-2017/

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Anybody past the top 4 in McKeen's list could be available at 8th. People are saying Makar likely to go to Arizona but looking at their roster depth they need centers, Strome won't be a bust but he's also not looking like a kid who can walk into the league and be a top 6 center quickly.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Liljegren has fallen to 20 and 22 in Future Considerations and McKeens rankings respectively as everyone catches up in their final rankings. Hockey IQ.

#Tradethepick

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah right-trade for an nhl D. So easy to get somebody who will play top 4 minutes at reasonable cost for next few years. Just as it is easy to get rich in stock market...buy low and sell high. Any more astute suggestions?

D are going to move. Whether they move here or not can be influenced by what assets we move.

Moving 8 in a draft with 2 d worthy of the pick that won't be there is hardly a crazy suggestion.

Again...you're going to see exactly the kind of D you are talking about move somewhere. It can be here. I advocate Just like Baker would do...trade the pick to get one.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I like the offensive game Phil brought, I hated that he was a coward on the ice in an era when that just couldn't happen with your best players.

Was he that bad? I hardly saw him live and think of him by reputation, all offense, meh defensively. Didn't know he was so timid.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
McKeens has taken a page from Redline with their unique takes om draftees. It is much closer to how teams actually assemble their lists.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Take timmy, trade up to take foote ad well if he's really falling into borderline 2nd round...reload the defense prospects and I walk away happy

Same thought, just Valimaki at 8 then trade Kane for a mid-to-late first and take Brannstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad