Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011

Look at Shea as the first man to leave the zone. Gallant must be a terrible coach if he's letting his defensemen lead the rush like that. Thank god we have Randy keeping all our defenseman stationary!

Good thing we just HAD to not deal with the Bieksa problem and lost a really talented player as a result...must be nice to have a coach that let's his players play to their strengths

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes
Oct 18, 2011
Yep. While none of us can say the Henrique for Vatanen deal was on the table pre expansion draft, giving up Theodore because we gave Bieksa a NMC is not one of Bobs finest moves.
Anheim also would've had more leverage if he had bought him out. Then you only have to expose one of vatanen or Manson and you're no longer held by the balls by vegas

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Theo now has a better support than he would have had here - in that I mean 4 good skating lines. He would certainly have an opportunity to be good here too, but oh well. It sucks that we really lost him for nothing - because we had Stoners contract and well thanks Bieksa contract as well.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
It was not for nothing. It was for taking a useless 3m contract. That's not nothing for a budget team.

Btw, somehow the Ducks are not able to land interesting FA anymore :-(

Last edited:

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Who said that?

I think he knows some people in the Ducks organization. He has said things that have panned out before.

As for his info? I hope it’s true. Kesler’s a warrior but his contract/injury/age/possible huge decline in play (may be due to injury so we shall see) make me want to trade him if possible. I’d take a resigned Herique over Kes every day of the week.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
I think he knows some people in the Ducks organization. He has said things that have panned out before.

As for his info? I hope it’s true. Kesler’s a warrior but his contract/injury/age/possible huge decline in play (may be due to injury so we shall see) make me want to trade him if possible. I’d take a resigned Herique over Kes every day of the week.

Totally agree. I just hope that his play this year was because he wasn't 100%. I worry that he is in decline and won't ever be the same, guess we'll have to wait and see.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
There is no way someone is trading for Kesler lol

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
There is no way someone is trading for Kesler lol
If we threw in our first and retained 50%, yes someone would do it. Laugh all you want but it's true

The question for BM is if it's worth it

I guarantee you a team like Vegas will be looking to buy first round picks/prospects that way this offseason if they miss out on the Erik Karlsson sweepstakes

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
:laugh: retained 50% for 4/5 more years? and our first

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
:laugh: retained 50% for 4/5 more years? and our first
It's 4 more years and if BM wants a shakeup, then something has to happen that we aren't going to get the full benefit from

This is the cost of signing players over 30 to long term deals and hopefully everyone in the organization has learned from it. Also hopefully the next CBA the owners actually insist on 5 year max contracts. These 6-8 year deals are killing teams

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
If you're going to sign a guy like Kesler to the contract he got, at his age, then you have to be committed to being all in. Unfortunately Bob doesn't understand that concept.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If you're going to sign a guy like Kesler to the contract he got, at his age, then you have to be committed to being all in. Unfortunately Bob doesn't understand that concept.
I don't really understand this sentiment. We had a team that should have won it all and the players choked.

It's on them, not Murray. This narrative is getting out of control.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don't really understand this sentiment. We had a team that should have won it all and the players choked.

It's on them, not Murray. This narrative is getting out of control.
Narrative driven by a few one-note posters who strive to turn literally every topic into some sort of negative reflection on one of the two boogeymen.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
In fairness to BM, Kesler was a great signing until the hip surgery. You cant predict something like that.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
In fairness to BM, Kesler was a great signing until the hip surgery. You cant predict something like that.
It wasn't a great signing, but it was a necessary one if we wanted the window to stay open.

That's the ironic part of calling out Murray for not going "all in".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad