CCC-- UFA or Trade
DDD-- UFA or Gravel

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
could always just send him to the canadian border with a bag full of roxies

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
It's not like we need the cap space right now.
Carter is supposedly coming back sometime this month, right? Unless he's coming back after the trade dead line, by putting Gaborik on waivers and sending him to the Ontario Reign, the Kings can free up another $1 million(max amount a team can bury on a players contract). Who knows, Gaborik playing with the Reign could get him going again and he would stay in game shape. To me that makes more sense than continuously scratching him.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Carter is supposedly coming back sometime this month, right? Unless he's coming back after the trade dead line, by putting Gaborik on waivers and sending him to the Ontario Reign, the Kings can free up another $1 million(max amount a team can bury on a players contract). Who knows, Gaborik playing with the Reign could get him going again and he would stay in game shape. To me that makes more sense than continuously scratching him.
And my point stands We don't need the cap space. Even with carter coming back at the deadline there's 11m in cap space.

Mooy04

Apr 5, 2017
Los Angeles
At this point Carter is going to basically be a trade deadline add for the Kings lol. Wonder if they even pull the trigger on a bigger trade with him coming back soon.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
At this point Carter is going to basically be a trade deadline add for the Kings lol. Wonder if they even pull the trigger on a bigger trade with him coming back soon.

I don't see the Kings being big players at the deadline this year. We might trade a 2nd rounder and/or prospect that has no real shot of making the big club (like Mersch) for a player like Maroon or Vanek, but I don't see us going all in for an Evander Kane or Nash. The ask on those players is crazy, and don't think Blake is dumb enough or unrealistic enough about our cup contention changes to go all in like that.

I would love to see a hockey trade to acquire a legit top 4 defender, even if it means sacrificing an important roster player like Pearson, but those deals don't go down at the trade deadline. That's something that happens in the off season.

Reactions: Mooy04

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
I’ve changed from wanting a top LW, to wanting a 3rd line center who can win face offs more, and a top 4 defenseman. I think we’d be fine with Iafallo, Pearson, and Kempe on the left...Brown, Toffoli, Lewis on the right. The problem is Pearson would probably be involved in a trade for a legit top 4 defenseman who isn’t on an expiring contract. Filling one hole opens up another.

Mooy04

Apr 5, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't see the Kings being big players at the deadline this year. We might trade a 2nd rounder and/or prospect that has no real shot of making the big club (like Mersch) for a player like Maroon or Vanek, but I don't see us going all in for an Evander Kane or Nash. The ask on those players is crazy, and don't think Blake is dumb enough or unrealistic enough about our cup contention changes to go all in like that.

I would love to see a hockey trade to acquire a legit top 4 defender, even if it means sacrificing an important roster player like Pearson, but those deals don't go down at the trade deadline. That's something that happens in the off season.
I agree. With the criticism Lombardi got for some of this trade deadline acquisitions I can't see Blake risking anything too big during his first go at it. I just hope Carter is enough because sometimes this team looks unstoppable and others looks like a Labarbera era team.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I agree that Carter is like a trade deadline add. Hopefully LaDue can fill the Voynov role and then maybe we can get that 2012 mojo back.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Boone Jenner on the block. He’d be a perfect fit for 3rd line center. 55% on faceoff a, which we need badly. He’s having a down season, but had 18 goals last year, and 30 the year before that. Cap hit is 2.9mil, RFA at seasons end. He’s also only 24 years old.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
All this talk about rebuilding made me hearken back to the first big "rebuild" I got to experience as a Kings fan...
Kings Like Rebuilding Progress Despite Current Inconsistency

Question: After last season's trade of Wayne Gretzky, the Kings announced that the franchise was committed to rebuilding through youth. Where are you in that process?

Answer: We have a very good young hockey club. We have eight or nine players on the roster 23 to 21 years of age, and we've picked up two first-round picks in the coming draft. And, the unique thing about this year's draft is that the first round is an exceptionally good round, so we should get two pretty good players.
We have finally built some youth in the organization. We have players at the ages of 19 to 21 who are up and coming. Three years ago, the Kings really had only one or two young players in the whole organization who had the potential to be in the NHL. Now, we have maybe [four] unsigned young juniors [right wing Pavel Rosa, center Eric Belanger, center Don McLean and left wing Josh Green] who we focus toward the NHL; and four or five 20-year-olds in the minors who will have an opportunity to play.

Reactions: KingTrouty

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Just having the picks or prospects doesn't cut it. The scouting has to be good and the development department has to be excellent.

The Kings sucked at developing players during Taylor's time as GM, and in prior years.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I agree. With the criticism Lombardi got for some of this trade deadline acquisitions I can't see Blake risking anything too big during his first go at it. I just hope Carter is enough because sometimes this team looks unstoppable and others looks like a Labarbera era team.
Carter isn't even close enough.This team needs a top 4 defensemen min.

Mooy04

Apr 5, 2017
Los Angeles
Carter isn't even close enough.This team needs a top 4 defensemen min.
I agree, however what you would give up for it? I don't see a lot of top 4 d available this deadline. I think Green is the one that could work the most but I think the asking price is going to be too high. After the whole Sekera mess I would rather the Kings keep what they have rather give up valuable assets for someone to just walk in the summer. So what is Blake willing to deal this deadline? Some AHL players like Mersch, and maybe a 2nd? Maybe a low roster player like Clifford? I don't see us getting anyone of value with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad