2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

riznat

Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Its weird that I actually do not want to see quick play lately, i know hes injured so let him rest. His play has been so frustrating, so many early soft goals to start the game. I feel way better with Kuemper in there lately. We all know we will need Quick to go beast mode if we make the playoffs, let him rest a few games and get focused on the stretch run and beyond.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Yeah, it makes a whole lot of sense. Having another guy who can play hard d minutes vs. top competition...instead of Forbort. Or hell, Weber-Forbort and allow DOughty-Muzzin to run free in the offensive zone. Keep in mind Drew is doing what he's doing with the worst starts and toughest comp on the team as well as top PK minutes with Forbort.
I know you were probably just spit balling real quick but I think Martinez-Weber would be an awesome fit. Forbort-Weber seems like way too slow of a pairing. Martinez would be allowed to go up the ice and do whatever he wanted knowing an elite defender like Weber is back there covering his back. Sort of like in 2012-14 when he had Greene except Weber is obviously much better than Greene.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Montreal has no centers as it is so they'd most certainly require Vilardi to be the main piece of the trade.

I think the 2016 trade deadline I opened up Eklund rumors only on a webpage and put a red X for wrong ones and a green check mark for the correct ones and I think out of 17 rumors he got 1 correct.

Absolutely agree. I argued during the Dallas game there's no reason for Quick to start today considering his #'s vs Nashville and him possibly being banged up.

I read Eklund blog only for entertainment reasons I never fully believe any of the rumors however i do like to think about what the team would look like they come true. He opens up some room for conversation about the needs of that player and if it makes sense for said player in this case Weber is a need for us big time. He would be serious long term piece to our defense which every person seems to want if we make a trade. It maybe too long of a piece but you got to admit its not a rental like patches would be. Also he is not saying the two are a package only we have interest in both.

Reactions: WHOneedsSOX

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I read Eklund blog only for entertainment reasons I never fully believe any of the rumors however i do like to think about what the team would look like they come true. He opens up some room for conversation about the needs of that player and if it makes sense for said player in this case Weber is a need for us big time. He would be serious long term piece to our defense which every person seems to want if we make a trade. It maybe too long of a piece but you got to admit its not a rental like patches would be. Also he is not saying the two are a package only we have interest in both.
I'm not getting on you for reading Eklund, I read his stuff too. I agree it gets some good conversation going sometimes and yeah, Weber would be awesome. Just doesn't seem very likely.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I know you were probably just spit balling real quick but I think Martinez-Weber would be an awesome fit. Forbort-Weber seems like way too slow of a pairing. Martinez would be allowed to go up the ice and do whatever he wanted knowing an elite defender like Weber is back there covering his back. Sort of like in 2012-14 when he had Greene except Weber is obviously much better than Greene.

You are probably right. I'm just thinking of 'shutdown minutes' I guess. Right now, Stevens has to play Forbort and Martinez in way too many of those. But generally speaking, Doughty-Muzzin / Weber-Martinez / Folin-whatever looks stellar.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
That's literally the best excuse for this decision.because if this isnt the case then theres zero logic to this move.
From Jon Rosen on LAKI

Totally understand the frustration there. A bit of a casual observation here, and I don't have data in front of me, but all fathers trips across the league, coaches try to get all guys in. Just because the team generated an A+ performance Tuesday with one lineup doesn't mean they can't generate one with this lineup today. But a valid complaint.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That tweet doesn't say that Stevens says it's so that every player gets to play in front of their dad.

That's literally the best excuse for this decision.because if this isnt the case then theres zero logic to this move.

I mean, I seriously cannot imagine a worse polar swing in pieces after last game. I get sitting one, even two of those guys, but to sit all four and make the following lines is a f***ing disaster. Sit Amadio because you're scared of Nashville's veteran team and depth, fine. Sit Brodz for some more toughness on the wing, fine. Sit LaDue because you want him to see the speed of the game and the Nashville forecheck, ok, because you want to put Forbort back in. Sit Kuemper for Quick, well, whatever. But the following? Dude.

Reuniting Muzzin-Martinez is like Stevens TRYING to self-sabotage. Creating essentially two identityless fourth lines is completely insane. Clifford-Mitchell-Lewis, ok, maybe a forecheck line. But what in the actual f*** is Gaborik-Shore-Andreoff? He KNOWS the other team gets the matchups, right?

If we come out with a win in spite of this I hope he overreacts to this lineup similarly because this might be the dumbest set of moves he's made all year given what just happened less than f***ing 48 hours ago. Is Stevens concussed? You don't follow up the best team performance of the year with handing out participation trophies, f*** decorum.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
If the Kings get hammered tonight I expect Stevens to be fired immediately. Not only with the aforementioned moves but Toffoli has gotten a pass here and is promoted to the top line. Toffoli has 2 points in the last 30 days, he's been awful. No points in 8 straight games despite 16:11 of ES and 2:00 of PP ice time. Where is the accountability for Toffoli?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
If the Kings get hammered tonight I expect Stevens to be fired immediately. Not only with the aforementioned moves but Toffoli has gotten a pass here and is promoted to the top line. Toffoli has 2 points in the last 30 days, he's been awful. No points in 8 straight games despite 16:11 of ES and 2:00 of PP ice time. Where is the accountability for Toffoli?
Fired immediately? Yeah, that's not going to happen. He won't even be fired if they miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Legionnaire

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010

What if they inexplicably win? Lifetime contract?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
No way he plays all that and when he retires Nashville will be on the hook for it not us. Also that mostly just cap hit real dollars are different. It would be interesting for the next couple of years of having him or drew on the ice for 90% of the game. Also Weber would help our pp a lot but not at the loss of our best young prospects.

First I wouldn’t want him and have to hope he retires before that deal is up. 2nd point the only thing that matters to fans is the cap hit and all those years at near 8 mill, hell no. That’s without getting into what we would be giving up. That would be an awful decision for LA to bring him in at all.

Reactions: deaderhead28

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Best all around effort of the season and we're going to bench 3 guys whose skill helped push the pace. Yep. I'm frustrated looking at that.

Agree. Using the fathers trip to adjust your lineup is completely asinine. You put your best lineup to try to win the shit like fathers trip should not play a role at all, especially after the effort put forth in Dallas

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I mean, I seriously cannot imagine a worse polar swing in pieces after last game. I get sitting one, even two of those guys, but to sit all four and make the following lines is a ****ing disaster. Sit Amadio because you're scared of Nashville's veteran team and depth, fine. Sit Brodz for some more toughness on the wing, fine. Sit LaDue because you want him to see the speed of the game and the Nashville forecheck, ok, because you want to put Forbort back in. Sit Kuemper for Quick, well, whatever. But the following? Dude.

Reuniting Muzzin-Martinez is like Stevens TRYING to self-sabotage. Creating essentially two identityless fourth lines is completely insane. Clifford-Mitchell-Lewis, ok, maybe a forecheck line. But what in the actual **** is Gaborik-Shore-Andreoff? He KNOWS the other team gets the matchups, right?

If we come out with a win in spite of this I hope he overreacts to this lineup similarly because this might be the dumbest set of moves he's made all year given what just happened less than ****ing 48 hours ago. Is Stevens concussed? You don't follow up the best team performance of the year with handing out participation trophies, **** decorum.

I mean I said best excuse... Doesn't mean it is a good one.. This is so stupid amd pathetic from Stevens that I want to punch him.

Makes no sense.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Stevens isn't a quality head coach.Always been a good assist tho.Stevens just needs to be fired and start recruiting for a actual head coach.

Reactions: go4hockey

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
First I wouldn’t want him and have to hope he retires before that deal is up. 2nd point the only thing that matters to fans is the cap hit and all those years at near 8 mill, hell no. That’s without getting into what we would be giving up. That would be an awful decision for LA to bring him in at all.

Lol for those seriously entertaining the idea of giving up assets and picks for Weber lol.

Reactions: go4hockey

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Weber? How should I phrase it?

Cantonese m hai
Creole Non
Croatian Ne
Czech Ne
Danish Nej
Dutch Nee
English No
Finnish Ei