2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I meant on top of Gaborik.

Phaneuf and Paul for Gaborik and Clifford? Salaries pretty much offset.

I would think hard about a deal like this. The Kings' system is about solid defense making quick passes, the focus isn't carrying the puck out. Foot speed isn't essential, so a Phaneuf wouldn't have a big problem at all. The guy is getting slower, but he still plays pretty smart. That's all he would need to do.

Gaborik does bring a sniping element that isn't common on the roster though, and that element would be missed. I would scoff at this deal if I knew Gaborik would get a relatively healthy 60+ games for the next few seasons, but that's a lot to bank on.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Seems like LA is scouting Pitt a lot lately.

Cole?

I can't think of a reason why they would trade Cole right now, even though he's a great fit. Their defense is not deep, they are an injury away from trouble.

Unless there is someone that is ready to step in I am not considering?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
FWIW Gaborik was scratched with a nagging injury tonight, for not being terrible. And he's still on a 40 point pace from mostly the bottom six, so.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him sit until the Oilers game then, only 2 games in the next week.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I can't think of a reason why they would trade Cole right now, even though he's a great fit. Their defense is not deep, they are an injury away from trouble.

Unless there is someone that is ready to step in I am not considering?
For some reason he's been a healthy scratch quite often for them this season. I thought he was one of their best d-men during their run last year and very underrated the year before that. Really odd to me.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
For some reason he's been a healthy scratch quite often for them this season. I thought he was one of their best d-men during their run last year and very underrated the year before that. Really odd to me.

It is weird. They have Hunwick, who is a fringe 6/7. I know they need a center, maybe Shore?

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
This story about Kings scouts at a Pens game on multiple nights reads like a Eklund rumor lol.A whole lot of nothing. Penguins Pregame 1/30/18: Murray, Sharks & Scouts
Eklund is pure fiction, at least we know the scouts were there. It’s probably nothing. Cole does seem like an LA move tho. Especially if he could be had for a pick. I don’t know, Pitt is looking for wingers/centers.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Metro at home: 8 of 10 points, .800
Atlantic on the road: 8 of 10 points, .800
Central on the road: 6 of 8 points, .750
Atlantic at home: 10 of 14 points, .714
Metro on the road: 7 of 12 points, .583
Pacific on the road, 11 of 22 points, .500
Central at home, 5 of 10 points, .500
Pacific at home, 4 of 14 points, .286

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I shouldn't laugh at the above, but I laughed

In other words, western conference at home = 9 of 24 points, .375, a 62 point pace.
Literally everyone else everywhere = .658, a 108 point pace.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Had to check out the highlights from the Vegas / Calgary game. I have to admit the Flames d-bag made a sweet move behind the net to score, but it was nice of the Flames to gift wrap the tying goal with only a couple of minutes to play, then lose in regulation.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Had to check out the highlights from the Vegas / Calgary game. I have to admit the Flames d-bag made a sweet move behind the net to score, but it was nice of the Flames to gift wrap the tying goal with only a couple of minutes to play, then lose in regulation.

Yeah, he made Fleury guess wrong like a soccer goalie, haha.

Reactions: deaderhead28

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
The Voynov train picking up speed. I can't imagine him coming back this season. But it looks like there's a chance for next season. (From Friedman's 31 thoughts)

23. When Slava Voynov went back to Russia, his contract included an out after the 2018 Olympics. It is expected that he will try to return. There are a lot of angles to this. First, will United States Immigration allow him entrance? Second, the NHL has always reserved the right to extend its own punishment to Voynov, who pleaded no-contest to misdemeanor domestic violence in 2015. Third, look at what’s happening in the world around us, especially in Hollywood. This has to be handled properly, which is why it should be a lengthy off-season discussion, not a rush before the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
The Voynov train picking up speed. I can't imagine him coming back this season. But it looks like there's a chance for next season. (From Friedman's 31 thoughts)

23. When Slava Voynov went back to Russia, his contract included an out after the 2018 Olympics. It is expected that he will try to return. There are a lot of angles to this. First, will United States Immigration allow him entrance? Second, the NHL has always reserved the right to extend its own punishment to Voynov, who pleaded no-contest to misdemeanor domestic violence in 2015. Third, look at what’s happening in the world around us, especially in Hollywood. This has to be handled properly, which is why it should be a lengthy off-season discussion, not a rush before the playoffs.

I prefer the rush before the playoffs :) Do it Deano!

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Oh **** off Friedman if Ray Rice can say he's a changed man then so can Voynov.

Bring him in ASAP. hockey in Hollywood is extresmly unpopular.
And you do realize that even though he was reinstated he's never been signed and played another game since it came out.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
And you do realize that even though he was reinstated he's never been signed and played another game since it came out.
Because he was a declining player and not worth the trouble. Greg Hardy was signed by the Cowboys (and destroyed the lockerroom because he openly bragged about how he beat is girlfriend and got away with it). That Oklahoma college football player that had a video come out that was just as bad as Ray Rice's was drafted in last year's draft. And there's a few baseball guys that were arrested that are still playing.

Personally, I don't want Voynov back. In my opinion he already got his second chance being able to make millions in Russia. I don't think he deserves another with the Kings. He can go play on another team if he makes it back.

Reactions: KINGS17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad