2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
There are plenty of options out there, it doesn't just have to be Maroon or bust. Tinkering with the top 6 hasn't worked, it needs to be a highly skilled player or you might as well sit back and let the players play.
If the top 6 isn't working you change it.If it's trading individuals out or trading for pieces in.Or you mix up the lines as Stevens has.At the end of the day, it's a business not personal.You search for chemistry and if say that he later was Maroon then you go out and get that player or match assets you've already in the system.This team has no grit expect for Clifford or Andreoff.Got to get tougher as well.Btw this wasn't about Maroon or bust it's about being active finding players that can help produce as a hole.If that player is Maroon then you go and get that player.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
There are plenty of options out there, it doesn't just have to be Maroon or bust. Tinkering with the top 6 hasn't worked, it needs to be a highly skilled player or you might as well sit back and let the players play.

I mainly picked Maroon because of Stevens comments about players not crashing the net and no front of the net presence. Maroon will bring that. Also, he’s got 13 goals this season to pearsons 10...

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Sorry if other posters like to rehash the same subjects day after day and quote our posts.I thought this was a discussion board to share our thoughts,info and to have a counter point in a civil matter.The subject gets brought up every off season,after a long losing streak or during the trade deadline.Latley tho it's been rehashed and debated on a nightly basis due to the teams poor showing of the last couple months.I guess it's better to have you on board late than never.
No you and other seem to post nothing but the same stuff I can only read the same crap said in different way so often before i have to tune you out I have never said i don't support your right to post Just like i have the right to say i prefer not to have to read it You want to try and fake play that hurt being singled out however u take the same sorta cheap shots back I think you should remember a old bible saying He who is without sin shall throw the first rock and brother ur hand are just as guilty as those u think are attacking u

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
No you and other seem to post nothing but the same stuff I can only read the same crap said in different way so often before i have to tune you out I have never said i don't support your right to post Just like i have the right to say i prefer not to have to read it You want to try and fake play that hurt being singled out however u take the same sorta cheap shots back I think you should remember a old bible saying He who is without sin shall throw the first rock and brother ur hand are just as guilty as those u think are attacking u

Oh I refrain from personal attacks.The comment you've quoted wasn't directed at you,it was posted as a general statement.Sorry for any confusion on that.The attack comments are just a reminder that some of us were attacked and mocked for having a different opinion then the crowd for a long while.Now it looks as if we were right three years later.Its about standing for something and not being a parrot or zombie.I welcome you to having a continuous discussion or debates about future subjects,just as long they're civil.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Oh I refrain from personal attacks.The comment you've quoted wasn't directed at you,it was posted as a general statement.Sorry for any confusion on that.The attack comments are just a reminder that some of us were attacked and mocked for having a different opinion then the crowd for a long while.Now it looks as if we were right three years later.Its about standing for something and not being a parrot or zombie.I welcome you to having a continuous discussion or debates about future subjects,just as long they're civil.;)
You like to think you don't take shots but u have in the past. I will not go back and find them but you do. They are well worded and no mod have reworded them but they are there. You attack just as much I also recall a post by raccoon stating your post are broader line trolling I disagree with the words boarder line. However it is his job to call you on it not mine. You like to "discuss the matter civilly " is bs your posts are well worded attacks to others that disagree trying to make urself look better then the other poster. I personally would love to see what you would do if this team won a cup This team when it gets hot can beat anyone. Also reminded by a bandit post stating he comes here for entertainment not bs I to come here for entertainment and not bs . So I will continue stating my opinion on ur posts as im sure u will post your agenda and we will continue this for years to come *looking forward to the future posts as we have rights to make

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
You like to think you don't take shots but u have in the past. I will not go back and find them but you do. They are well worded and no mod have reworded them but they are there. You attack just as much I also recall a post by raccoon stating your post are broader line trolling I disagree with the words boarder line. However it is his job to call you on it not mine. You like to "discuss the matter civilly " is bs your posts are well worded attacks to others that disagree trying to make urself look better then the other poster. I personally would love to see what you would do if this team won a cup This team when it gets hot can beat anyone. Also reminded by a bandit post stating he comes here for entertainment not bs I to come here for entertainment and not bs . So I will continue stating my opinion on ur posts as im sure u will post your agenda and we will continue this for years to come *looking forward to the future posts as we have rights to make

Well I appreciate your honesty and hope in the future we can change the Perception we maybe have of one another.I found it a waste of time to just deal with trolls and exchange in a tic for tac behavior.So now I just report the crap and let the mods deal with it.I come here cause I enjoy being around follow Kings fans who are just as passionate as I am and to share and get info on not only my favorite sport but team.This is my entertainment and stress relaxer.Raccoon has a tough job moderating and I think we all under appreciate what the mods do every nite to keep the board a civil atmosphere.I run and moderate a political board so I understand the task.

IMG_1112.GIF

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Sorry to have upset you but K17 and I were saying this for several years while being beat up for not parroting the majority cult talk.Pearson would most likely be part of a package used to bring in a top 4 defensemen talent not a LW.

:eyeroll:

Plenty were talking about bringing in a top 4 defenseman.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Well I appreciate your honesty and hope in the future we can change the Perception we maybe have of one another.I found it a waste of time to just deal with trolls and exchange in a tic for tac behavior.So now I just report the crap and let the mods deal with it.I come here cause I enjoy being around follow Kings fans who are just as passionate as I am and to share and get info on not only my favorite sport but team.This is my entertainment and stress relaxer.Raccoon has a tough job moderating and I think we all under appreciate what the mods do every nite to keep the board a civil atmosphere.I run and moderate a political board so I understand the task.

View attachment 94503
You have gotten better in the last couple of weeks and i will admit to reading u more because of it. The first time we had a long discussion i asked u to keep in mind a little sugar helps the medicine go down. I actually think you have kept it in mind in some of your post after it. I suggest going the mod route to you or anyone that feels it was personal it works they do actually take it away. (not sure if they warn the person but i have no idea if they do If not i would suggest some sorta warning system would be a good idea. ) I do see ur passion i just wish i could have it directed at the cup being half full not the cup is half empty. However i know its probably not how ur brain is wired i accept it not saying i have to like it but i do accept it that way now. I also would like to say i enjoy your passion and ur ll back it up with more then just a eye test bs like some. Raccoon was a hard ass i thought when i first got here (got a few warnings in my time here) however looking back i find him as fair in what he does and i know its harder then i would ever guess. As i thought ur used to using language to get ur point accross in settle manor I am thinking u may not even realize ur doing it. However now i know ur into politics i know ur even more full of bs then i first thought :sarcasm:

Reactions: deaderhead28

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I like Maroon but he seems like Penner 2.0.

I worry he wouldn’t have as many goals on LA.

Also don’t think he’s worth 4-5m as a free agent.

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Don’t think either of those trades would work. Maroon scored 27 goals last year and is on pace for close to that this year. Yes I realize he’s a rental but there will be demand for a guy with decent hands who is capable of being a gritty sandpaper guy on a top line. Clifford is horrible and overpaid for the next two seasons after this one. A 2nd round pick doesn’t come close to making up the massive difference in value.

And Faulk is a very good RH shot defenseman with a very manageable cap hit for what he normally brings. He is having a down year but GM’s know his value. He could demand more than Pearson, a mid to late 1st and a couple of minor league throw-ins.

Reactions: KINGS17 and efhank

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Don’t think either of those trades would work. Maroon scored 27 goals last year and is on pace for close to that this year. Yes I realize he’s a rental but there will be demand for a guy with decent hands who is capable of being a gritty sandpaper guy on a top line. Clifford is horrible and overpaid for the next two seasons after this one. A 2nd round pick doesn’t come close to making up the massive difference in value.

And Faulk is a very good RH shot defenseman with a very manageable cap hit for what he normally brings. He is having a down year but GM’s know his value. He could demand more than Pearson, a mid to late 1st and a couple of minor league throw-ins.
On Faulk, I think he’s just over whelmed with the expectations from car. He would slot in better here, and we would never ever ever see Amart on the right side again, which would be huge.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
You have gotten better in the last couple of weeks and i will admit to reading u more because of it. The first time we had a long discussion i asked u to keep in mind a little sugar helps the medicine go down. I actually think you have kept it in mind in some of your post after it. I suggest going the mod route to you or anyone that feels it was personal it works they do actually take it away. (not sure if they warn the person but i have no idea if they do If not i would suggest some sorta warning system would be a good idea. ) I do see ur passion i just wish i could have it directed at the cup being half full not the cup is half empty. However i know its probably not how ur brain is wired i accept it not saying i have to like it but i do accept it that way now. I also would like to say i enjoy your passion and ur ll back it up with more then just a eye test bs like some. Raccoon was a hard ass i thought when i first got here (got a few warnings in my time here) however looking back i find him as fair in what he does and i know its harder then i would ever guess. As i thought ur used to using language to get ur point accross in settle manor I am thinking u may not even realize ur doing it. However now i know ur into politics i know ur even more full of bs then i first thought :sarcasm:
Mary Poppins

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I mainly picked Maroon because of Stevens comments about players not crashing the net and no front of the net presence. Maroon will bring that. Also, he’s got 13 goals this season to pearsons 10...
I don’t think Maroon is a bad player. But it’s not what the Kings need. When you watch or even more so go to games live (about 85%), it can become obvious how the Kings lack slick handed skilled players that can make that difficult pass and have a scoring opportunity. The away teams sometimes just blow my mind away how quick they release passes accurately and catch and release them quickly to others accurately. It’s seems sometimes like the Kings are playing on a driveway in Northern Minnesota (mind u Neal Broten learned this way), and the opponent is on a perfect sheet of ice. No shavings, no bumps, etc. and every pass is tape to tape. Why does the puck seem to be endlessly bouncing around for the Kings and it glides perfectly for the opponent? It’s a skill to catch and deliver perfect passes, at perfect speeds, with specific purpose, such as stretch passes, passes off the boards (using the boards is a skill as if a 7th player is on the ice), area passes (which at first glance are to no one), drop passes which involve vision as to who is behind you, saucer passes that are airborne and need to land soft, etc. We are so used to watching a grind style of hockey that we don’t even realize many or most of our players just absolutely suck at almost all of these skills. It’s like the modern day baseball player that can’t ever lay down a sacrifice bunt. IMO. IMO. Ok, blast away!!! But that’s my story and I’m ......

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
On Faulk, I think he’s just over whelmed with the expectations from car. He would slot in better here, and we would never ever ever see Amart on the right side again, which would be huge.

I was not saying he wouldn’t be a great addition to the team, just that we don’t have the realistic pieces to get a guy like that.

Maybe if we hadn’t traded significant assets for a rental #4 d-man and a one-dimensional declining winger we could have been in on him if he really is available.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
unlike u i think Vilardi is going to be good also pearson toffoli and kempe will get better Iafallo brodzinski all take the next step. Then in a year or two clague dolan will appear. Your doom and gloom outlook is fine for you but there are those's of us out there that see the glass half full.

Brodzinski may not make it based on what I have seen thus far. He is a 24 year old prospect. That age and the term prospect do not normally go hand-in-hand. And please knock it off with the doom and gloom garbage. I have my opinion, and you have your opinion. How is your opinion working out for you this season?

Kempe is going to be a useful NHLer, but is he a top sixer? The jury is still out. How long have we been waiting for both Pearson and Toffoli to play well consistently with a center not named Carter? Again, they are good NHLers, but the Kings can't seem to get both of them clicking at the top six level they need them to be at in the same season.

Iafallo? While I admire his hustle and desire, he is actually a good energy player with not much upside. Another 24 year old prospect.

Vilardi hasn't played a game yet, but he better be good or the Kings have some real issues in the top six going forward.

Like most here, you overestimate our "youth" (24 years old isn't young in the NHL). The players you mention are the Kings best young players. They are certainly not among the best in the NHL. So yes, the glass is not even half full.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
again go back to last year and read i also have been after a better top 4 :D You seem to relish in your rebel bs but there are other that have said the same or simlar things at different points over the years i have been here, However after we say them once or maybe twice we move on to other issues. unlike you k17 sol ziggy etc
Yeah, I was a rebel in the middle of the 2011-12 season as well when I was preaching patience and was one of the few still in Lombardi's corner.

I don't have an agenda. I just call'em like I see them.

There is only one over arching issue with this organization. When will senior management finally admit the window is closed? It should color every player personnel decision going forward.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

You do as well. You should go back and read your own stuff, because in your posts the same "young" players are going to make great strides any day now, or next year. Maybe these guys are who they appear to be and don't have the kind of upside you promote.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Yeah, I was a rebel in the middle of the 2011-12 season as well when I was preaching patience and was one of the few still in Lombardi's corner.

I don't have an agenda. I just call'em like I see them.

There is only one over arching issue with this organization. When will senior management finally admit the window is closed? It should color every player personnel decision going forward.

I don't think the window is closed, we don't seem on the up, but if one of our top prospects takes off, it will open the door.

If we blow things up, how many years will we have to wait to find a legit 1c ,1d and netminder again, at the same time?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I don't think the window is closed, we don't seem on the up, but if one of our top prospects takes off, it will open the door.

If we blow things up, how many years will we have to wait to find a legit 1c ,1d and netminder again, at the same time?

I admire the hell out of Quick, because he probably has more guts than any three players combined on this roster. He can still stand on his head over a small stretch of games, but I don't think he is still capable of doing it over the long haul with the kind of wear and tear he has on his body now.

I think Big King has correctly pointed out without Quick standing on his head, this team isn't very good. Having legit 1C, 1D, and great goaltending is a great foundation (and ours is starting to exhibit a few cracks), but it isn't the whole house. With what the Kings are paying some of the supporting actors, they can't afford to re-stucco and paint the exterior.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I admire the hell out of Quick, because he probably has more guts than any three players combined on this roster. He can still stand on his head over a small stretch of games, but I don't think he is still capable of doing it over the long haul with the kind of wear and tear he has on his body now.

I think Big King has correctly pointed out without Quick standing on his head, this team isn't very good. Having legit 1C, 1D, and great goaltending is a great foundation (and ours is starting to exhibit a few cracks), but it isn't the whole house. With what the Kings are paying some of the supporting actors, they can't afford to re-stucco and paint the exterior.

Missing our leading scorer of last year though. Carts brings so much to the table at both ends of the ice. He adds another lethal forward option and helps balance our lines. As much as we moan about our D, they are at/near the top on a lot of stats. With another 20 goal forward inserted into the lineup we win more games. Adding Carter lightens the load on Kopi, allows Kempe to feed off the lesser opposition lines.

Kuemper has proven to be good, Quicks workload could be lightened until the business end of the season if he is wearing down.

The team isn't perfect, but neither is the option of tearing it all down, waiting a few years to hopefully get decent picks, hopefully make the right picks and develop a core that can grow together. Look at the Oilers and Sabres etc. Suck ass for eternity, circle jerk over your top prospects and still lose. Still have to pay Mcjesus 12mill before he's won anything, so the cap savings arent there.

So much depends on how Carter comes back, a few months resting up may help at the end of the season and even prolong his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad