2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You are quick to point out guys like Clifford and andreoff are not impacting the game playing less than 10 min a night. Mitchell is a plus minus of -8. Andreoff - 6. Clifford in only 13 games is - 2. These guys have one job to do and that's eat some minutes, which they haven't been very good at, at all. Is Clifford solely to blame? No, but the entire 4th line is trash.

Plus minus is a stat you have to be careful about using, but look at each player on the team vs their plus minus and it's very telling. The only one that may be off a bit would be Pearson.
My point is the 4th line has been trash when clifford and andreoff were out hurt. The difference is the top 6 played better. There is very little difference between having Brodzinski and Jokinen Go look at post 1354 I have done the research. I am only saying the difference in the bottom 6 with andreoff and clifford is not any different then when Jokinen and Brodzinski were in. If anything Andreoff and Clifford are getting more mins then they were specially Brodzinski who in his last game got 6 mins 53 secs. If it comes down to a player who is playing less then 7 mins or someone playing at least 10 and the offensive stats are slightly better to the player playing more mins then i take the one playing more mins

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Andreoff is literally one of the worst players in the NHL by any metric, never mind what we see of him night after night. Can we please stop lumping him and Clifford together in any way other than to point out how awful a line with both of them is?
I agree Andreoff is trash but i ll take him over what Brodzinski was doing less 10 mins in his last 8 games with no points come on for a skilled player that is garbage. Andreoff at least had a goal in that same time frame for how bad he is

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Interesting views.
IMG_1046.GIF

Last edited:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Andreoff is literally one of the worst players in the NHL by any metric, never mind what we see of him night after night. Can we please stop lumping him and Clifford together in any way other than to point out how awful a line with both of them is?
seriously, clifford puts forth an effort and forechecks hard even though he may not have the skill to score

andreoff does nothing

Reactions: deaderhead28

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree Andreoff is trash but i ll take him over what Brodzinski was doing less 10 mins in his last 8 games with no points come on for a skilled player that is garbage. Andreoff at least had a goal in that same time frame for how bad he is

That's because he was playing with andreoff ;)

I'll admit AA has played slightly better as of late. Believe me that takes a lot for me to say. But they're totally different players, too. At this point you're banking on Brodzinski's upside and development vs. Andreoff's toughness (not my words) and known quantity. But again, the big picture is it's not the fourth line making or breaking this team lately. The key players tonight are Kopitar-Doughty-Quick, not Andreoff, as much as I want to shoot him out of a cannon (though I agree with what others are saying about the depth players getting scored on at an abnormally high rate lately).

Drew Doughty has 0 points and -4 over his last three games. Quick has had 3.7 GAA the last few games and a save percentage of .866. Kopitar has 1g, 1A, -2 (he's been ok).

Need that to turn around in a big way.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Jokinen had more points than Andreoff this year and Jokinen has only played about three games more.If Jokinen wasn't useful neither is Andreoff.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Andreoff is not good. Eye test and fancy stats confirm it.

Give me Brodzinski every time. There is actually potential with Brodz.

Problem is you can't roll AA and Clifford at the same time. It isn't necessary. I'm worried that without MacD, Stevens might stick with this even longer for toughness purposes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
The mouthpiece speaks. Is he always this defensive? Just asking since he blocked me awhile back. Everyone knows the kings win and lose depends on the top players but when a player flat out sucks...

"contributes to the team game. "

tumblr_p0i7wu1jsb1qa1s2no7_r3_250.gif

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That gif :laugh:

I mean Rosen's not totally wrong, Andreoff is mostly a nonfactor if anything, but he doesn't address the ideas that others may be better suited with those minutes nor the 'results' of AA's icetime.

Never mind the bigger beef I have with him is the idea that he's in the lineup for toughness allegedly. Not good enough IQ to make the hits without being completely out of position, not good enough skater to make the hits on the forecheck, completely ineffective hits--he doesn't check a guy and retrive the puck, nor does he check anyone to the ice/punish with big hits--and minus his lucky blow vs. Boll, he's a pretty worthless fighter who doesn't get anyone to take him seriously enough to actually change a game with his toughness. John. Zeiler.

Feel better now that I got that out

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
What is Stevens thinking? Ryan Reaves elbowed Kopitar a few years back and no one did anything. The Pens then trade for Jamie Oleksiak, who has been a beast recently. Instead of having MacD playing, the Kings play Folin and Gravel? I get Gravel - he has looked good, I thought he was the best player at that game against Nashville. But Folin? And Clifford over Andreoff? Clifford already got knocked out by Reaves and couldn't even handle Nick Ritchie.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
The mouthpiece speaks. Is he always this defensive? Just asking since he blocked me awhile back. Everyone knows the kings win and lose depends on the top players but when a player flat out sucks...

"contributes to the team game. "

tumblr_p0i7wu1jsb1qa1s2no7_r3_250.gif

Very disappointed to see Jon Rosen a employee of the Kings organization attacking and insulting the same people who pay his salary,the ticket holders and those who pay to watch the Kings games on local tv.He's a idiot to write such a dumb post.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
What is Stevens thinking? Ryan Reaves elbowed Kopitar a few years back and no one did anything. The Pens then trade for Jamie Oleksiak, who has been a beast recently. Instead of having MacD playing, the Kings play Folin and Gravel? I get Gravel - he has looked good, I thought he was the best player at that game against Nashville. But Folin? And Clifford over Andreoff? Clifford already got knocked out by Reaves and couldn't even handle Nick Ritchie.
Andreoff got knocked out as well recently.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
To be fair to Andreoff, Zelier was a p***y who wouldn't fight. To be fair to Zeiler, Andreoff can't make a big hit to save his life.

Rosen isn't wrong, however, about not winning or losing because of him, which is what many of us were arguing about in the SJ GDT. It is a question though of icing the best team possible, even if it isn't a large net gain either way.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Very disappointed to see Jon Rosen a employee of the Kings organization attacking and insulting the same people who pay his salary,the ticket holders and those who pay to watch the Kings games on local tv.He's a idiot to write such a dumb post.

Rosen has got to be the most sensitive person on this planet. There will always be people commenting on blogs that might say silly things, or disagree with the blogger. Most writers would just ignore the comments. Rosen, however, gets deeply offended and responds back with a vengeance. I remember I posted once on the lakingsinsider blog "Rosen do your job" after he posted something about taking a day off, and he wrote back a long paragraph about how he is entitled to rest and deserves a day off etc.... Then I got blocked from lakingsinsider. Very odd man.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
While I was not a fan of Hammond since he pretended to be independent when he was being used as a mouthpiece, he was not a Kings fan and tried to remain a journalist.

Rosen embraces that he is the mouthpiece and has no problem with it. He is, in fact, a fan and he likes the guys on the team. Andreoff seems to be liked as a human being and teammate so Rosen backs him accordingly.

Rosen is the print Jim Fox. You're going to be hard-pressed to hear him say anything really negative about someone until they are already being sent down to Ontario or let go.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Logging in to see more arguing about our 4th line. Make it stop plz. Let's talk about happy things~

rctz13o.gif

Well it's a team message board were these type of subjects are debated and discussions are to take place.If everyone agreed it would be a boring place to visit.Its not a place for unicorns,feather pillows and safe spaces.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You think anyone who is critical of the crap players are “blaming them for everything” or “taking the blame away from the top players”

Are Clifford, AA and Mitchell (since the lineup changes) the main reasons for the struggles? No

Are they a significant reason? Yes

Come on man, you bring up the lack of minutes and all that does is make it look even worse with how much they’ve been scored against.

I just have no idea how anyone can objectively have watched this team this season and think we are better off with the current fourth line than we were with the “soft” fourth line from when Clifford and AA were injured. The numbers and the eye test say otherwise but by all means keep sending Clifford and AA out there to get dominated by divisional opponents in the name of some kind of faux toughness that the Kings did just fine without earlier in the year.

People here used to argue for the need to dress Ivanans and Westbarf also.

There's no reasoning with him. He really loves Clifford more than a player so there's no getting through with him.
He loves his grinders.

On a different note, why aren't they playing LaDue? Get to watch a game? Was he not playing a lot last season wtf?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hello Kings Fans ... Norwegian hockey media is talking about
a potential trade of Mats Zuccarello to Kings . How do people feel about that?

I thought about that a lot, Zuccarello and McDonagh to LA. I'd love either one frankly. Not sure we have the assets to make our team better by bringing them aboard though. But he brings the creativity that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad