2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I could use some Crohn's with the way my holiday diet has been going.

Really sucks for him. Hopefully he does better this time up. I liked what I saw in his first action but didn't like what I saw last season. Of course, that goes for most everyone on the team and in the organization.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Here's a new Lucic interview. I'm putting this here due to the brief mention of the kings. Lucic seems to have really liked the Kings' hockey support structure and facilities. If it's any way typical of how other players view LA, then LA has one of the better off ice situations in the league.

"It was tough, especially coming from L.A., being in a climate like that and in a city like that, also the set-up they had, it was pretty awesome. "

Milan Lucic on Oilers, Connor McDavid, Wayne Gretzky

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Here's a new Lucic interview. I'm putting this here due to the brief mention of the kings. Lucic seems to have really liked the Kings' hockey support structure and facilities. If it's any way typical of how other players view LA, then LA has one of the better off ice situations in the league.

"It was tough, especially coming from L.A., being in a climate like that and in a city like that, also the set-up they had, it was pretty awesome. "

Milan Lucic on Oilers, Connor McDavid, Wayne Gretzky

The greatest thing DL did was put together the teams that finally won Cups for LA; however, the lasting rewards will be the infrastructure and so forth that he built. We knock him for his loyalty "problem" and his character over skill inclinations, but when you see all of these former players that played under him sticking around and being part of the organization moving forward, you can't help but think that is is pretty awesome since this organization seemed so identity-less previously.

That being said, not sure if Lucic is talking about the Kings infrastructure, the fact he can't fart in Edmonton without it being noticed or a mix of both.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The greatest thing DL did was put together the teams that finally won Cups for LA; however, the lasting rewards will be the infrastructure and so forth that he built. We knock him for his loyalty "problem" and his character over skill inclinations, but when you see all of these former players that played under him sticking around and being part of the organization moving forward, you can't help but think that is is pretty awesome since this organization seemed so identity-less previously.

That being said, not sure if Lucic is talking about the Kings infrastructure, the fact he can't fart in Edmonton without it being noticed or a mix of both.

100% agreed, DL was a genius (and give AEG props for finally playing along too, at least) for restructuring everything from the ground-up into a top-notch organization from top to bottom. The results spoke for themselves and continue to do so off-ice where players can't help themselves but praise the organization and skaters and goalies alike come here for the coaching and development opportunities.

Lucic was always very complimentary of the organization and made it pretty clear it was tough to leave

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I knew DL had put an emphasis on developing a top tier organization including infrastructure and coaching. Everyone has a cap. It's the other things that set top organizations apart from the rest. It's always good to get reinforcement of just how good in comparison to other teams the kings really are.

"“Like I said, when I came here, this weight room [at the Toyota Sports Center] was a joke, and two, I want money for development,” said Lombardi. “I don’t really care how much you spend on the payroll right now, and he was kind of shocked about that. I said that this ain’t about the payroll. You’ve got to invest in player development and drafting. That’s where you’re short here. He said, ‘OK,’ and he stuck with it.”
“Whether it’s the plane, or the way he takes care of the wives [and families] during the playoffs, or what do you need to be the best here? Well, let’s get the sunlight in [the still-under-renovation weight room at the Toyota Sports Center], and what I love about him is that the players see it,” added Lombardi. “This guy comes in, he’s a real pro. He’s got an unbelievable presence. The last thing he wants is it to be about him. It starts there.”"

Dean Lombardi Says “It Ain’t Me.” But How Much Credit Does LA Kings GM Really Deserve For His Team’s Success?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
DL should have quit being a GM and pursued a career in horology.

Maybe even develop his own time tracking mechanism.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Crazy that we said Gravel just didn't look right in preseason, and @regulate pointed out he had been dealing with a sickness--losing 40 ****ing pounds fighting Crohn's disease is no joke, here's hoping he can regain his form coming out of learning how to manage that.

Thanks for the stick tap. Yes, as I reported in October on HF, Futa told me that Gravel was seriously ill over the summer, and that's why he was sent to ONT early in camp, to regain his strength and fitness. He did not specify what the illness was, just that it occurred. Also remember, Gravel only has 6 more NHL games until he is no longer waiver exempt. I wonder if Gravel sticks if they consider sending MacDermid down when Folin comes off of IR. It's a possibility.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Thanks for the stick tap. Yes, as I reported in October on HF, Futa told me that Gravel was seriously ill over the summer, and that's why he was sent to ONT early in camp, to regain his strength and fitness. He did not specify what the illness was, just that it occurred. Also remember, Gravel only has 6 more NHL games until he is no longer waiver exempt. I wonder if Gravel sticks if they consider sending MacDermid down when Folin comes off of IR. It's a possibility.

I’d be cool with that. MacD is giving it his all out there but he’s started having a few too many adventures in his 10-14 minutes.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Yes it does it tells me that they want him waiver excempt next year as well As per Mayor

One more important note...

For those asking about LaDue, if Kings can manage to keep him under 38 NHL games played this yr, he will still be waiver exempt next season.

Expecting a call-up, just not for about a month or so.

More from @TFP radio spot FREE REPLAY: Hoven Talks Kings Good, Bad, Ugly (and Trade Rumor) on NHL Network Radio
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) December 20, 2017
I don’t believe LaDue is waiver exempt next season. This is his last season no matter how many games he plays this year.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
Well its what the mayor is reporting and by the sound of it the information come from someone in the organization so your point isn't with me its with him :)
The mayor has since edited his tweet (the one you posted, because it was incorrect) and stated that LaDue would have to clear waivers next season to go to the AHL.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Since we are on the subject of waivers, does anyone know if MacDermid would currently have to clear waivers if sent down. I know he does not fit in the number of games category, but have his seasons expired and is now waiver eligible. Cap F lists him as being eligible. But earlier there was chat he wasn’t but i could not understand why. Any help.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Since we are on the subject of waivers, does anyone know if MacDermid would currently have to clear waivers if sent down. I know he does not fit in the number of games category, but have his seasons expired and is now waiver eligible. Cap F lists him as being eligible. But earlier there was chat he wasn’t but i could not understand why. Any help.

There is a debate about that since Cap Friendly says he does have to clear, but according to the LA Kings he does not as told by Jon Rosen. I don't recall the exception (it was a rare occurrence, I think it only applies to him and one other player right now). Maybe Holden can clarify.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
There is a debate about that since Cap Friendly says he does have to clear, but according to the LA Kings he does not as told by Jon Rosen. I don't recall the exception (it was a rare occurrence, I think it only applies to him and one other player right now). Maybe Holden can clarify.
I'm not sure but I think the talk was he signed an ahl only contract for the first season. But like I said I'm not sure and don't remember the exact reason.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Stevens put together the worst lineup with the current possibilities imo lol

Why? The scoring is spread out. Lewis is nice with Gabby and Shore. Iafallo is on the 1st line. Brodz is in. Is it AA instead of Jokinen-Clifford? I'd like Jokinen in instead of AA, but that's it for me. Jussi has played really well for us since he arrived.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why? The scoring is spread out. Lewis is nice with Gabby and Shore. Iafallo is on the 1st line. Brodz is in. Is it AA instead of Jokinen-Clifford? I'd like Jokinen in instead of AA, but that's it for me. Jussi has played really well for us since he arrived.

Andreoff in over Clifford and Jokinen, MacDermid on the 2nd pairing is just glaring to me. Forbort-Fantenberg is a train wreck waiting to happen. I guess fortunately we're at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad