2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Forbort will see PK time, Fant PP time, and MacD should see neither. That will balance out the minutes a bit. I also anticipate a Forbort/Martinez pairing if the game is close in the late stages. (or with DD, reuniting the nightmare pair)

Reactions: KingTrouty

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
LA Times has Jokinen on the rushes as 4th line RW instead of Brodzinski. Guess we'll have to wait to see what happens. In any case, I'd much rather see Jokinen and Brodzinski in the line up!

Reactions: KingTrouty

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Andreoff in over Clifford and Jokinen, MacDermid on the 2nd pairing is just glaring to me. Forbort-Fantenberg is a train wreck waiting to happen. I guess fortunately we're at home.
There is no 2nd and 3rd pair. Only bottom D men (MacD and Fant). This isn't anything new.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
LA Times has Jokinen on the rushes as 4th line RW instead of Brodzinski. Guess we'll have to wait to see what happens. In any case, I'd much rather see Jokinen and Brodzinski in the line up!

Concur! It may be just me, but I'm not feeling the AA + Big Red Dog love this season (I know Cliffy has been hurt) on the 4th line.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I figured $11 million range since Doughty wants to be the highest paid King. I was hoping for less . Now I'm looking at $11.5 million.

And I really think this means Karlsson is traded during the offseason.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Love what Stevens had to say about Brown and his 1000 games (with one franchise):

"On Dustin Brown playing in his 1,000th game tonight:
I think it’s impressive. To Brownie’s credit, he came in as a young guy. The team was not having a lot of success. I think they put a lot of responsibility on him as a young player, and I think he’s seen the good, the bad and the ugly here through his career. There’s a lot of persistence and perseverance from him, and I said this before: 1,00 games within the same organization, and a guy who plays the game really hard. He’s a physical player, he plays the game hard, he plays every night, he plays when he’s not 100%. It’s impressive, and when you think of the LA Kings in today’s game, you think of Dustin Brown. I think he’s a huge part of the identity of the organization."

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Andreoff in over Clifford and Jokinen, MacDermid on the 2nd pairing is just glaring to me. Forbort-Fantenberg is a train wreck waiting to happen. I guess fortunately we're at home.
Just because Rosen lists macD Amart second? There’s no telling what minutes and situations everyone will be used in. This isn’t peewee hockey, with first second and third lines. Forbort is 1st pair PK. Fantenberg is second unit PP. There’s beginning of periods and end of periods where both Fantenberg and MacD are less likely to play. And of course, MacD could limit his minutes with a fight. If Rosen listed them on the bottom, would you be shocked that Martinez is on the third pair? Things just don’t work the way you are envisioning it. Just like hockey isn’t about who has the most goals and assists. I’ll apologize for my rant ahead of time, but you really should be thinking does MacD play ok with Amart? I’d be more worried about whether Forbort can play with Fantenberg. Fantenberg does not provide much defensively. Very light in physical coverage areas. Amart is somewhat light also, so coach is trying to have a physical presence on each pair. Sometimes all you need is a good physical play to separate or stop a cycle and get the play going the other way.

Reactions: go4hockey

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just because Rosen lists macD Amart second? There’s no telling what minutes and situations everyone will be used in. This isn’t peewee hockey, with first second and third lines. Forbort is 1st pair PK. Fantenberg is second unit PP. There’s beginning of periods and end of periods where both Fantenberg and MacD are less likely to play. And of course, MacD could limit his minutes with a fight. If Rosen listed them on the bottom, would you be shocked that Martinez is on the third pair? Things just don’t work the way you are envisioning it. Just like hockey isn’t about who has the most goals and assists. I’ll apologize for my rant ahead of time, but you really should be thinking does MacD play ok with Amart? I’d be more worried about whether Forbort can play with Fantenberg. Fantenberg does not provide much defensively. Very light in physical coverage areas. Amart is somewhat light also, so coach is trying to have a physical presence on each pair. Sometimes all you need is a good physical play to separate or stop a cycle and get the play going the other way.

Re: the boldfaced you just reworded my concerns. Yes, I would be shocked if Marty were on the third pairing leaving Fantenberg-Forbort as the 2nd. Yes, I'm worried about those two. Yes, as configured, that d leaves a lot to be desired.

I get that it's all situational and with special teams and other things it's not likely to play out exactly like that, but line rushes are very accurate to how the game is started and played the majority of the way at 5v5. I'm with you that history shows Fantenberg and MacD may be limited minute-wise but starting the game with MacDermid on the 2nd pairing is bad.

That was a heck of a rant to mostly agree with me.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
27 has been a huge contributor to the success of the Kings two cups as well.As it may sound silly but I hope Marty gets his jersey retired after his career as well,the guy is all heart and team and never complains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad