2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Karlsson would take Toffoli, Vilardi, LaDue/Clague, and then a first on top of that. Not gonna happen. Also stupid. We already have a #1 D.

Is this team winning anything with a combined $30 million+ AAV between Kopitar, Doughty, and Karlsson.

I was just having fun, but for all the reasons to not actually make that trade, this would probably be lowest on the list. Yep, would be really terrible having the most elite offensive RHD in the league who can eat huge minutes, especially if you can afford to give him soft matchups...I mean, replacing LaDue with a defenseman who can go PPG? Come on man.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
In the 24 games since the 8 game winning streak, they're 10-12-2. Lewis has 6 goals in 23 games, which puts him 1st in that time. Kopitar and Kempe are tied at 6 in 24. Kempe, Pearson, Toffoli, and Iafallo each have 9 points, while Shore and Mitchell each have 7. Andreoff has more assists than Kempe. Toffoli has 2 goals at ES, as does Gaborik, Shore, Mitchell, and Brodzinski. Clifford has 3 at ES, which ties him with Brown and Pearson. Toffoli has 5 ES points. That's tied with Andreoff, and Forbort, Shore, and Mitchell have 7, 7, and 6.

Toffoli does have the 2nd most PP goals, and 4th most PP points. Most shots with 64. 3rd most ES ice time for forwards. 1 ES point in 16 games.

The points per game over 82 games would be:

Kopitar, 72
Doughty, 51
Muzzin, 51
Brown, 41
Lewis, 39
Iafallo, 34
Gaborik, 33
Kempe, 31
Pearson, 31
Toffoli, 31
Andreoff, 29
Shore, 29
Mitchell, 25

Between the secondary scoring drying up, and Quick having a couple weeks where he was awful, it's impressive that they're 10-12-2.

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If the rumor about EK has even a grain of truth to it, then I hope it’s because Bob Murray is also in on him and Blake is just trying to drive up the price on a rival.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Say LA traded something like Toffoli, Vilardi, LaDue, and 1st for EK.

AI Kopi Brown
Pearson Carter Gabby
Clifford Kempe Lewis
AA Shore Brodzinski
Mitchell

Doughty Muzzin
Amart Karlsson
Forbort Folin
Gravel

For 1 & 1/4 years of that defense....maybe try and convince DD and EK to take a couple mil less to stick together.

I'd actually do it.

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Say LA traded something like Toffoli, Vilardi, LaDue, and 1st for EK.

AI Kopi Brown
Pearson Carter Gabby
Clifford Kempe Lewis
AA Shore Brodzinski
Mitchell

Doughty Muzzin
Amart Karlsson
Forbort Folin
Gravel

For 1 & 1/4 years of that defense....maybe try and convince DD and EK to take a couple mil less to stick together.

I'd actually do it.

Not worth doing for various reasons and that’s probably not enough ...
Vilardi is Kopitar-lite
Toffoli is still a 25-30 goal threat
Our 1st is still needed to rebuild our pipeline
And Erik Karlsson is still playing like poop... He hasn’t looked the same since his injury! So I’ll pass....

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
IMG_1242.jpg
NHL Players safety is a total joke for even having a hearing on Brown.It was clearly point of contact was skate on skate.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Rob Laird(Kings scout) scouting Pens @ Blues today.

Penguins Director of Pro Scouting has been scouting the King’s and their AHL team.

Kings have been scouting quite a few Penguins games in the last month. They scouted four straight games and then Sheary got hurt. Kings stopped scouting for a couple games but now that Sheary is back, the Kings are back.

Reactions: KingTrouty

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Penguins Director of Pro Scouting has been scouting the King’s and their AHL team.

Kings have been scouting quite a few Penguins games in the last month. They scouted four straight games and then Sheary got hurt. Kings stopped scouting for a couple games but now that Sheary is back, the Kings are back.
Who do you guys think Pens asking price is?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I would be surprised if we are after him. Kings don't seem to do well with smaller players for whatever reason. Cammy being the latest one but weal vey etc Nothing against him as a player but smallish players don't seem to work here

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I’m not sure who you guys could be targeting. Maybe a more minor deal? I don’t know honestly.

Teams don’t scout each other THAT much though.
Tory Mitchell for Ian Cole at the deadline Mitchell is playing really well but i think he will be the odd one out when Carter comes back Cole is a vet that may help stabilize bottom pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad