2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I wasn't sure about what it would take to cap dump Gaborik. Muzzin/Martinez has postitve value and I didn't know if adding in the extra was enough. That's why I was asking.

I saw a report that someone thought Gaborik was going to consider retiring after next season. So any team getting him possibly would or definitely would have a Vinnie Lecavalier type situation of a player retiring before the end of a contract. I will try to find where I read that.

Edit: found it.

NHL Rumors: Kings, Islanders, Sharks, Jets, Maple Leafs, Blues, and Voynov

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kings are pursuing Karlsson per Eklund. Let's get it done Blakey, that would be sick.

I could never be an NHL GM. Every reasonable part of me says 'stay the course' then I read something like that and go "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" and mortgage our entire future for like Karlsson and Hoffman.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The Kings are pursuing Karlsson per Eklund. Let's get it done Blakey, that would be sick.
I can’t even fathom the package it would take....
Toffoli or Pearson...
2018 1st rounder, 4th rounder
Kale Clague
Vilardi or Amadio
Forbort or LaDue or Gravel
???

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can’t even fathom the package it would take....
Toffoli or Pearson...
2018 1st rounder, 4th rounder
Kale Clague
Vilardi or Amadio
Forbort or LaDue or Gravel
???

Something gross like that, yeah. All the things.

Hoffman-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Iafallo-Kempe-Lewis
Clifford-Shore-Brodzinski
Gaborik?

Doughty-Muzzin
Karlsson-Gravel
Martinez-Folin
LaDue

Or something. I'm drunk on power and probably missing roster players :laugh:

Doughty/Karlsson would be Pronger/Neidermeyer on steroids.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i can't possibly see that trade ever being made, but how funny would it be having this group make that happen all these years after whiffing on karlsson in the draft for teubert

all those years of doughty and karlsson anchoring your blue line would have been outrageous

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Bruins and Rangers scouts at reign game. Bruins aren’t sellers, so don’t see anything there. Rangers is interesting though.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
They're allegedly going to be blowing it all up and we've been linked to them in conversations via multiple sources. so for their scouts to be at our AHL team is interesting.
Interesting. McD would be huge, if they can work out cap management. Still not sure what LA has to offer that isn’t Vilardi, Clague, or their 1OA.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Interesting. McD would be huge, if they can work out cap management. Still not sure what LA has to offer that isn’t Vilardi, Clague, or their 1OA.

Yeah, I don't see a world in which Blake does that in year 1, that's such a gamble, especially given it may be a non-playoff-team pick.

Reactions: LAKings88

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The King’s should target Tatar at the deadline. He is signed for a few more years, is a consistent goal scorer, and could have good chemistry with Kopitar or Carter. McKenzie said that his price is likely a prospect and 2nd round pick, which is worth it since he is signed with term.

Tatar has been pretty shit this year. Have not been impressed by him in the handful of Wings gamesI have seen.

Maybe he needs a change of scenery as he was good last season but this year has been a write off for him.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
If we're linked with the Rangers I'm more inclined to think it's a guy like Grabner or to a lesser extent, Nash.

Nash is going to be a bidding war between 3-4 clubs (Nash, SJ, Dal, Bos) while targeting MG might just cost less.

Grabner has speed, can put the puck in the net and is a fairly good penalty killer.

Reactions: LAKings88

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
27 games left
15 at home
12 on the road
9 against the division
11 against the Central
9 against current bottom 10 teams
2 each against Chicago, Winnipeg, Dallas, Edmonton, Vegas, Arizona, Minnesota, and Colorado.

The rest of this road trip, Carolina is good, but not great. Need at least a point. Wouldn't be shocking if they lost to Pittsburgh. Can't lose to Buffalo. Chicago seems to be dying a slow death, so have to take advantage of that. Winnipeg will be tough. 5 points in the next 5 games makes it a .500 road trip, which is the realistic goal. Then you have to do something with 10 of the next 12 at home, with the road games down the street in Vegas and Arizona. That's Feb 22nd to March 17th barely leaving your own bed.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Karlsson would take Toffoli, Vilardi, LaDue/Clague, and then a first on top of that. Not gonna happen. Also stupid. We already have a #1 D.

Is this team winning anything with a combined $30 million+ AAV between Kopitar, Doughty, and Karlsson.

Reactions: KINGS17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad