2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
And worship of young, fast players. 20 of the fastest, most skilled players in the world and people are panicking about Chara one game into a shinny tournament. Dominic Moore will be -2 his first game this season and all we'll hear about is how Kokolachev should have his spot.

It hasn't even started yet. :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I can't believe they built that rink without the promise of a team.

I'd be pissed that Vegas got a team before Quebec, if i were them.

They should be a little miffed I agree. They took a risk, it hasn't paid off yet. They weren't promised anything but come on. I realize alignment is an issue but it's not the end of the world either having unbalanced conferences.

I think a lot of it has to do with Seattle. League doesn't want more than 32 teams I don't think right now, and you give Quebec a franchise and now you have 32.

Hard to justify constructing a building of that magnitude an no anchor tenant.

It will be interesting to see if/when they do get a team, whether it's by expansion or relocation.

thevikes

Mar 7, 2002
Visit site
FYI: ESPNU carrying

USA / Canada tonight live in HD at 7pm est on channel 900 (comcast/xfinity-digital preferred I believe). Sorry if alreadt posted or somehow violates posting terms etc. Should be fun to watch...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
USA / Canada tonight live in HD at 7pm est on channel 900 (comcast/xfinity-digital preferred I believe). Sorry if alreadt posted or somehow violates posting terms etc. Should be fun to watch...

That's fine - That channel number only applies to Xfinity in Eastern Mass and parts of NH. ESPNU is carried by most cable companies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
For anyone who wants to watch the Saturday exhibition games, but doesn't want to deal with ESPN 3, smart TVs, or streaming, it looks like NHLN-US (587/187 on FiOS) will be replaying all three of them on Sunday from 11-5. It's not live, but...meh, it's just an exhibition game anyway. Given that each game gets a 2 hour block, I can't imagine it's not the complete game.

I mean, it's not like there's another major sporting event starting up on Sunday afternoon, right?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
They should be a little miffed I agree. They took a risk, it hasn't paid off yet. They weren't promised anything but come on. I realize alignment is an issue but it's not the end of the world either having unbalanced conferences.

I think a lot of it has to do with Seattle. League doesn't want more than 32 teams I don't think right now, and you give Quebec a franchise and now you have 32.

Hard to justify constructing a building of that magnitude an no anchor tenant.

It will be interesting to see if/when they do get a team, whether it's by expansion or relocation.

Yeah, unbalanced doesn't matter much to me. I don't get why they've chosen "32" as a limit either. Owners want to make money. If they can put a team in the Q and it's profitable I don't see why they'd care if it's the 33rd or the 34th team. I think that "32" number is to create the impression of scarcity. Scarcity drives up value.

Just seems crazy to me. Getting an event building built in Massachusetts is like pulling teeth, and that's for the Bruins/Celtics, Patriots or Red Sox. Quebec got one built and they don't have anything like that. I'm really rooting for them now. That's some serious support.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can't believe they built that rink without the promise of a team.

I'd be pissed that Vegas got a team before Quebec, if i were them.

Many think that while Montreal would never admit it publically the Habs don't want to split any of their poutine with Quebec City.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Classic Jumbo Joe. Looked offsides anyway. Marchy and Bergy with a good look each so far.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Thought the same thing. So frustrating to see all these years. No killer instinct at all

I'd love to see a goalie just leave his half of the net wide open on a 2-on-0... Or better yet make it a 2-on-1 with the D-man only playing the pass as well. Not sure he'd shoot even then.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
When they played Surfin' USA, I thought "They had better play some Neil Young", and there we have it. :)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Can't see that enough this season. Price with two goals allowed in less than a minute (first one of course wasn't really on him)

Get a line brawl going! Dead serious game, this... :laugh:
Marchand not being involved was pretty hilarious. Sneaky dirty Crosby as always (may have been slashed)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Um let's see... he's a Team Canada coach and he's handling the defense?

And it's his system failing when someone doesn't clear up in front of the goal, and then Price lets in a softie? :laugh:

Granted, the former has happened way to often in Boston in recent years, but it's more down to personnel

I give him about as much blame here as I did credit in Sochi (possibly the greatest defence corps ever assembled)

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
There's the Kesler we know and hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad