2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
What a great game. All the Bruins looked really, really good.

Strange too. I mean, Stepan missed two wide open nets so this could have very easily been a 6-2 game for the US, but at the same time Canada outshot USA by a wide margin.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Best hockey I've seen in awhile in terms of skill and intensity shift to shift. And this is only pre-tournament exhibition. This is great.

Bergeron and Marchand were exceptional. TC had the better of the play, but I wonder if they have too many players who occupy the same space. Bunch of natural C's who need the puck and operate on the perimeter.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Nah, Clode would want a better back checker. Crosby is not a good fit. :naughty:

fake-laugh.gif

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
If we could have Crosby on a line with Bergeron and Marchand all season that would be great.

Crosby didn't exactly drive the offense last night, at least, not IMO. He did some good things, set screens, got open on the back door and such, but I thought it was Marchand who was driving the play for that line.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
If we could have Crosby on a line with Bergeron and Marchand all season that would be great.

I've always thought that. Just joked about it - if Pitts wouldn't mind lending the Bruins Sid for the year.
Imagine what they could do with a bit of time to build chemistry.

Boston and Pittsburgh could expose Patrice and Sid to the expansion draft and we could all become Vegas fans.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
What time is the game on tonight? What channel?

I dvrd the game yesterday and if team USA was an NHL franchise they would easily be my favorite. Chippy, cheap...they have moxie and gumption.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What time is the game on tonight? What channel?

I dvrd the game yesterday and if team USA was an NHL franchise they would easily be my favorite. Chippy, cheap...they have moxie and gumption.

Tonight the game is only on ESPN3 at 7 PM :rant:

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
ESPN3 is a streaming only channel. Download ESPN app to watch. I'm watching Russia v Czech Rep right now and it's an intense game. Resolution is not bad.

Whoever called these "shinny" games is mischaracterizing them. Lots of energy and hitting. Lots of skirmishes, too.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
Tuukka looks in mid-season form. I'm OK with him losing the starting job to Rinne, so a few more Swede goals would not be the end of the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad