2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
Loui got a nice pass from Sedin on power play. - Rask had no chance

RAmiKLb.jpg

Good practice for the upcoming season...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lou is okay at hockey.

Reffs absolutely killing this game, 5 penalties is too much for warmup games for 1 period.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I didn't get to see the Canada-US game. I assume Crosby is centering that line? I wonder if they considered putting Bergy at centre and Crosby at RW. Marchand is used to having Bergy as his centre and surely Sidney can play wing. Or is Bergeron better on the wing than Crosby. More physical, perhaps.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
What a fun game last night! Bergy & Marchand looked fantastic!
Columbus is a great place to see a game! Awesome fans

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I didn't get to see the Canada-US game. I assume Crosby is centering that line? I wonder if they considered putting Bergy at centre and Crosby at RW. Marchand is used to having Bergy as his centre and surely Sidney can play wing. Or is Bergeron better on the wing than Crosby. More physical, perhaps.

When Crosby was 16 and playing in Rimouski, I made a trip up to Lewiston to see him play, and he did play RW on the PP for them (I believe Marc Antoine Pouliot played C on the PP).

Of course that was like 2004 or something, so I don't know if he can still play the wing.;)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Lol, last night I literally googled, "what the hell is ESPN3."

It's a stupid branding move by ESPN, IMO. Are they trying to say, "Hey, our online stuff is exactly like the over-the-air stuff?" Nope. Not even close. I presume the analysts for the ESPN 3 games that are in Europe are calling the game from Connecticut (or wherever ESPN has their headquarters), much like NBC did for handball (and a lot of other sports) at the Olympics.

I don't expect the quality to be the same - I expect a semi-generic "security feed", with maybe a rare flash of stats or a player's name, but certainly no in depth content. And I'm fine with that. But don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

They should call it ESPN Streaming, ESPN Interactive, ESPN Direct, ESPN Mobile, or something like that. Don't confuse people by making up a name that sounds like an actual cable channel.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Where I'm at the station is called ESPNU.

I thought the network did a good job. I don't know if Linda Cohn ever covered hockey, but I thought she did very well.

Brett Hull and Chris Chelios were interesting. Chelios on air has a bit of that snarly, unlikable quality he had on the ice. But hey it's hockey, so no problems there.

Enjoyed the game, and the B's looked good. Not flawless obviously, but good. If memory serves, it was Bergeron's guy that got the easy tip-in, but that rebound was on Price. And I believe it was Marchand's clearing attempt on the boards that led to the game-sealing EN goal. (Of course the way Team USA was missing empty nets, who could blame him?)

But with the minutes they were getting and who they were playing against, they were superb. I bet it's killing fans in certain markets rooting for Marchand.

Being American, it's strange pulling for guys like Abdelkader and Kesler, while at the same time hoping someone cleans their clocks.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I guess I'm in the minority but I thought the Bruins were meh at best. Team USA really took it to them. I would expect a different result tonight. Just took a 3 hour nap so I'll be up at 12:30 watching the replay on NHLN

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
So funny seeing fans that usually hate Marchand advocate for Babcock to unleash him to go be more of a pest, I'm just thinking please no don't, I want a healthy Marchand all season.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I guess I'm in the minority but I thought the Bruins were meh at best. Team USA really took it to them. I would expect a different result tonight. Just took a 3 hour nap so I'll be up at 12:30 watching the replay on NHLN

Jonathan Quick took it to them. Price was bad. Other than that (and a few defensive miscues), Canada dominated the game.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal

I wouldn't make a change to that line. They were by far Canada's best line.

The other lines were not as good but not bad neither. Overall everyone played fairly well other than Price who let in 2 softies and Pietrangelo who looked horrible and made several face-palm worthy turnovers.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I realize it's only an exhibition but I love this simply because of all those people who said Bergeron is Canada's thirteenth forward.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Physically I mean. Canada couldn't match it. Canada has more talent just less balls.

Ah, I hear you. I thought a couple of the hits were highly unnecessary (including what looked like a clear headshot), especially for a pre-tournament game. But I understand it's the mentality team USA has to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad