2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Two bad turnovers in their own zone team Europe is getting hosed. Chara needs to be better.

3 now. Na is fun to watch

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
u23 is awesome, incredible speed, but watching Chara oh boy :help:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Finland beat Sweden in OT, 3-2 with a wicked wrister from Maataa. Sweden had the puck pretty much non-stop for 4 minutes but the Finns got a 2-on-1 and scored.

Anyone have the highlights? Eriksson and Söderberg with Sweden's goals.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
It's sad to see :cry: The heart is there but father time is cruel.

Agreed and as much as I loved big Z, if he would waive his NMC I would consider dealing him to a contender where he could be a second pairing guy and still contribute that way, maybe gives him a chance at another cup, would give the B's some assets back along with cap space.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Thanks! But no love for the Yeti! Oh well. Wow, Enroth... that was pretty bad, and after Markström seemingly had a few impressive saves as well. Can only dream of having the luxury of putting in a Rinne when Lundqvist isn't ready to go/to gauge which goalie is hot. :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Folks need to relax on Chara. It was his first game in what 5 months, against a blazing fast Under-23 team, he can't play 25 mins anymore, but he'll be fine.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
You must be new here :sarcasm: .

If there's one thing this place excels at, it's overreacting.

And worship of young, fast players. 20 of the fastest, most skilled players in the world and people are panicking about Chara one game into a shinny tournament. Dominic Moore will be -2 his first game this season and all we'll hear about is how Kokolachev should have his spot.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
And worship of young, fast players. 20 of the fastest, most skilled players in the world and people are panicking about Chara one game into a shinny tournament. Dominic Moore will be -2 his first game this season and all we'll hear about is how Kokolachev should have his spot.

Roman Josi who is widely regarded as one the best dmen in the NHL was worse than Chara last night.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

I was shocked at how little hitting there was by the D last night. I am sure this will be a wakeup to start playing a bit harder. The Russian Czech game was anything but shinny.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Roman Josi who is widely regarded as one the best dmen in the NHL was worse than Chara last night.

I was there for the game and team NA is all speed. Very fun team to Watch. This was never Chara strong suit to deal with speedy forwards and that was all he had to face all night. Like you said, his Partner, Josi, looked bad all night too.

And if you were watching hockey for the first time and I told you that Kopitar was one of few 10M player in the NHL, you wouldn't have believed me. He was also brutal. Team Europe will have a very hard tourney. If they win a game, it will be a huge surprise.

MacKinnon and McDavid were buzzing all night. JT Miller was trowing his weight aroiund and so was Trouba who had a couple of altercation with Nino. First time seeing Trouba live and I paid extra attention to him since all the trade talks and he would be a very good acquisition to the team. Big mobile mean D with some offense. What not to like? Maybe the price to be paid to get him...

Overall, very good game to Watch and had plenty of fun with my 7y son.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I was there for the game and team NA is all speed. Very fun team to Watch. This was never Chara strong suit to deal with speedy forwards and that was all he had to face all night. Like you said, his Partner, Josi, looked bad all night too.

And if you were watching hockey for the first time and I told you that Kopitar was one of few 10M player in the NHL, you wouldn't have believed me. He was also brutal. Team Europe will have a very hard tourney. If they win a game, it will be a huge surprise.

MacKinnon and McDavid were buzzing all night. JT Miller was trowing his weight aroiund and so was Trouba who had a couple of altercation with Nino. First time seeing Trouba live and I paid extra attention to him since all the trade talks and he would be a very good acquisition to the team. Big mobile mean D with some offense. What not to like? Maybe the price to be paid to get him...

Overall, very good game to Watch and had plenty of fun with my 7y son.

I was impressed with that new rink, on TV looked very nice.

Loved the main camera angle in that building, great view of the action.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I was impressed with that new rink, on TV looked very nice.

Loved the main camera angle in that building, great view of the action.

I can't believe they built that rink without the promise of a team.

I'd be pissed that Vegas got a team before Quebec, if i were them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad