Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bild reporting that Dave Fallows (Liverpool head scout) was at Augsburg-Koln to scout Timo Horn

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BMG linked to PSG youth, Mamadou Doucoure. Anything to this in the french press evilo?
Have indeed seen it multiple times, the depth chart is crowdy for him (Silva/Luiz/Marquinhos/Kimpembe/etc...).
Don't think he'll have the level to play with PSG's main team anytime soon, possibly ever.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Have indeed seen it multiple times, the depth chart is crowdy for him (Silva/Luiz/Marquinhos/Kimpembe/etc...).
Don't think he'll have the level to play with PSG's main team anytime soon, possibly ever.

Does he lack the potential to get to that level, or is he just so far away from it that he's a long shot to actually reach that potential at this point?

BMG are in the 4th CL spot right now and have a good chance to hold onto that spot over these next two weeks. They have used a back 3 a lot this season; and with Dominguez back in training, they'll hit next season with Dominguez, Jantschke, Christiansen, Elvedi, Strobl, and whoever else they buy, to cover those 3 spots (with Alvaro, Jantschke, Elvedi and Christiansen sharing the bulk of those minutes when fit). Would Doucoure be ready to enter that rotation as the 5th/6th CB for a lower level CL club at some point next season, or would he be a future buy who'd need to spend at least his first season in their youth teams? They have a strong academy and have done great work developing players in the older youth teams; so if he's just raw and needs time to grow that's no problem, but if he just lacks the talent to polished, that's another matter entirely.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's a very solid youth CB. It's tough to say if he can't handle pro pressure because he's never played a single pro game.
Apparently, he's been promised a place in the first squad, so BMG believe he's ready to play for them now.

I do think he's a bit raw and needs polishing, but that's the case of most young players.
As for his upside, CBs are tough to judge. He can be shaky at times in pressure games I'd say.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Thanks man, very interesting to hear that he's being promised a spot in that rotation off of the bat. Just a few last questions. Has he shown the skill to do well with the ball at his feet at the youth levels? As you say it's tough to predict how kids will handle professional pressing, but does he seem to have the skill level to succeed at this if he does adapt to that pressure; or is he more of defense-first/thump-it-forward type of CB?

Cause BMG play a smooth possession game and their back 3's ability to play with the ball is a big part of the formation's efficacy. But if the skills are there to polish, they've got a good record of nurturing them and teaching their kids to make better (& quicker) decisions with the ball...as they've done with the teenagers Christiansen & Elvedi this season, and did with Dominguez/Jantschke/Korb/Wendt in seasons past.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thanks man, very interesting to hear that he's being promised a spot in that rotation off of the bat. Just a few last questions. Has he shown the skill to do well with the ball at his feet at the youth levels? As you say it's tough to predict how kids will handle professional pressing, but does he seem to have the skill level to succeed at this if he does adapt to that pressure; or is he more of defense-first/thump-it-forward type of CB?

Cause BMG play a smooth possession game and their back 3's ability to play with the ball is a big part of the formation's efficacy. But if the skills are there to polish, they've got a good record of nurturing them and teaching their kids to make better (& quicker) decisions with the ball...as they've done with the teenagers Christiansen & Elvedi this season, and did with Dominguez/Jantschke/Korb/Wendt in seasons past.
Nah, he's a physical guy first, but he isn't bad with the ball either.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Evilo

Thoughts on Lemar?

How does he compare to, say Dembele for example?
I LOVE Lemar. To me, he's got no ceiling. He's a kid that can do it all. He's quick, has a MASSIVE shot, has exceptionnal vision, he can dribble, pass, defend, can play any midfield and forward position.
The only drawback he has is in fact that versatility. Coaches tend to put him whereever they have a hole in the lineup instead of building the team around him.

The best comparison to me is James Rodriguez. He might not score out of this world volleys but he's much better defensively.
If he develops properly, sky's the limit.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ben In Sport announces the Dembélé to Dortmund transfer.
Also announced Hummels leaves, Gotze arrives and Mkh most likely will leave (Juve/Chelsea hottest destinations).

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Ben In Sport announces the Dembélé to Dortmund transfer.
Also announced Hummels leaves, Gotze arrives and Mkh most likely will leave (Juve/Chelsea hottest destinations).

Announce in what sense? Did they add any information that wasn't already reported? I mean, all of those rumors have already been pretty thoroughly regurgitated by the football media. I don't know why they would have any special sources in Dortmund. Was it an article?

The latest from the German media (Kicker, Süddeutsche Zeitung) is that Hummels is actually undecided. Might be in part a ploy by Dortmund to get Bayern to pay up but IDK. Watzke categorically denied a Götze for Hummels swap of some sort, but maybe that doesn't preclude them switching clubs unrelated to each other.

I have seen very little concrete and reliable about Mkhitaryan going (or renewing his contract - at least lately) but I'm not too worried yet.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Wolfsburg are supposedly after Giroud and willing to offer a €6-7M annual salary comparable to what he earns in England. So much for reigning in spending when they don't have European football.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Wolfsburg are supposedly after Giroud and willing to offer a €6-7M annual salary comparable to what he earns in England. So much for reigning in spending when they don't have European football.

Seems odd for Giroud to leave to a place without any kind of European football. Double odd for Wolfsburg to pay both the transfer fee (I've heard high 20s or low 30s in Euros) and the large annual salary. *shrug* I suppose stranger things have happened.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Announce in what sense? Did they add any information that wasn't already reported? I mean, all of those rumors have already been pretty thoroughly regurgitated by the football media. I don't know why they would have any special sources in Dortmund. Was it an article?

The latest from the German media (Kicker, Süddeutsche Zeitung) is that Hummels is actually undecided. Might be in part a ploy by Dortmund to get Bayern to pay up but IDK. Watzke categorically denied a Götze for Hummels swap of some sort, but maybe that doesn't preclude them switching clubs unrelated to each other.

I have seen very little concrete and reliable about Mkhitaryan going (or renewing his contract - at least lately) but I'm not too worried yet.

It was an insider specialized in german football. He said everything will be made official mid-may. Only the Mkh's bit wasn't official according to him, but said it's likely.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I LOVE Lemar. To me, he's got no ceiling. He's a kid that can do it all. He's quick, has a MASSIVE shot, has exceptionnal vision, he can dribble, pass, defend, can play any midfield and forward position.
The only drawback he has is in fact that versatility. Coaches tend to put him whereever they have a hole in the lineup instead of building the team around him.

The best comparison to me is James Rodriguez. He might not score out of this world volleys but he's much better defensively.
If he develops properly, sky's the limit.

L'equipe has Liverpool talking to Monaco about him, but after what they got for Martial, the transfer fee could be freightening. Liverpool have a glaring hole in the wings though and he seems like a good fit. What's his best position? RM would be ideal

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
"Spanish newspaper EITB, via the Guardian, reports Manchester City have agreed to pay the €50-million release clause necessary to pry 21-year-old French defender Aymeric Laporte away from Athletic Bilbao."

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
"Spanish newspaper EITB, via the Guardian, reports Manchester City have agreed to pay the €50-million release clause necessary to pry 21-year-old French defender Aymeric Laporte away from Athletic Bilbao."

But Hummels with one year left isn't worth €35M.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Seems odd for Giroud to leave to a place without any kind of European football. Double odd for Wolfsburg to pay both the transfer fee (I've heard high 20s or low 30s in Euros) and the large annual salary. *shrug* I suppose stranger things have happened.

Arsenal can't afford to sell Giroud. He's one of their best players.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

The Guardiola moves start to happen.
Very good player, overpaying Bilbao but very good player anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad