Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Nailed it.

What if Goetze goes back to Dortmund?

Are we then allowed to go back to red and white?

You know because the threshold seems to be 3 and then it would only be 2 players..

And how do we get white and black into this whole mix? I mean we stole Vidal and Coman from Juve last year. So that needs to be mentioned as well. Stealing 2 players in the same window is more cruel than 3 in 4 windows right? Especially if one of them returns while another joins.

And some gold. Because Robben and Alonso came from Real.

And Stuttgart. Never forget about Stuttgart!

Ullreich, Kimmich and arguably Lahm (like Hummels he went out on loan before returning).

Rafinha and Neuer both played for Schalke. Some blue as well maybe?

So can anyone tell me how our logo really should look?

I am confused...

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
What if Goetze goes back to Dortmund?

Are we then allowed to go back to red and white?

You know because the threshold seems to be 3 and then it would only be 2 players..

And how do we get white and black into this whole mix? I mean we stole Vidal and Coman from Juve last year. So that needs to be mentioned as well. Stealing 2 players in the same window is more cruel than 3 in 4 windows right? Especially if one of them returns while another joins.

And some gold. Because Robben and Alonso came from Real.

And Stuttgart. Never forget about Stuttgart!

Ullreich, Kimmich and arguably Lahm (like Hummels he went out on loan before returning).

Rafinha and Neuer both played for Schalke. Some blue as well maybe?

So can anyone tell me how our logo really should look?

I am confused...

Lol if you honestly don't see these three massive ****ing players going to Bayern from their only competition in the league as a problem, then I have nothing to say to you.

Color your logo whatever the **** you want. It's quite clear that Dortmund is looked at as a development team for FC Hollywood now.

I'm sorry that me liking the logo riled you up so much.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Lol if you honestly don't see these three massive ****ing players going to Bayern from their only competition in the league as a problem, then I have nothing to say to you.

Color your logo whatever the **** you want. It's quite clear that Dortmund is looked at as a development team for FC Hollywood now.

I'm sorry that me liking the logo riled you up so much.

Did not rile me up at all. I just think it is laughable.

I don't even really like the transfer. It is better than paying 50M for Mustafi but I would have preferred to make Rudi cry the same way all the Dortmund fans are doing right now and gone all-in for Tah.
I mean the reaction would have been similarly. Maybe not as bad. But if we got Tah and then 2-3 years later triggered the release clause for Brandt (if he keeps playing the way he is doing right now),
the reaction would have probably been the same.

Bayern would be ruining the league and all that nonsense. Bayern can' t really win here. No matter what. We already bought heavily from abroad in the last few years but with all that PL-money and needing some additional German talent in the long run, we are bound to make enemies in our own league..

Yeah of course it sucks. But it is the way it is. Dortmund simply is not on a level with Bayern financially and statuswise. And in the end Bayern will do what is best for Bayern.
Same goes for the slew of other top clubs.

But Dortmund might very well be the best team at developing talent right now and that is not a selling club (therefore they let contracts run down). And Bayern has to outsmart the other top tier clubs in the transfermarket because we can't really compete for the topstars with Real, Barca, City, PSG or some other English clubs if they get their **** together and spend all that money well.

In the current market it makes sense. Bayern simply could not have afforded to go for Neymar instead of Goetze or gotten a similar player as Lewandowski for so cheap.

Hummels I don't like but the other options were rather slim as well.

But the simple truth is that none of the 3 would play for Dortmund right now regardless of Bayern.

I hope you guys can keep up the good work for another say 5-10 years and diminish the financial gap so that you can hold onto players and that the English money will be gone by then.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Sule & Tah does not make sense at all. One of them would be plenty enough.

They have Sokratis, Bender and Ginter. No way you can play 2 young guys over them.

If they somehow could get Tielemans as well (money should be there), this team could get crazy exciting under Tuchel.

I could absolutely see a CL-title in their not-so-immediate future (say 3 years from now) as long as they can keep Auba and Reus until then (highly doubtful. Think Auba is off to Real after next season if he keeps his current level. Also Mikhi would need to extend and I am not so sure about that one).

And as a Bayern fan I would love it. With Leverkusen also having a very good young core, Schalke finally with a good manager (and coach if they get Weinzierl) and Leipzig coming up (I hate them but I think they will be pretty legit pretty soon), things could get really exciting in the Bundesliga as long as they can keep the Premier League and their money at bay.

Teams like Gladbach, Hertha (hopefully) and Wolfsburg will probably decline heavily soon but more than 4-5 real competitors would be unrealistic anyways.

At this point even if Mkhi doesn't extend, I'd expect them to do to him what they did to Lewandowski. But I was always most confident that he would extend.

I absolutely love Matic. Tremendous player surrounded by utter **** at Chelsea right now. I just think Bender already brings to the table what Matic does. Cheaper too.

The big problem for me with Dortmund moving forward, is that we really, REALLY need a strong target man/poacher to come off the bench or play in the lesser matches when Auba is tired.

Tiele would be awesome, and we've been linked with him for what feels like forever. I honestly think though, that this could be the summer Volland finally arrives at Dortmund.

I would also add that buying low on Schar right now might be decent business?

Matic is a lot better with the ball than Bender.

Have you watched Ramos the second half of the season? He has been fantastic. Not sure if he'll want to stay though.

But the simple truth is that none of the 3 would play for Dortmund right now regardless of Bayern.

lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sule & Tah does not make sense at all. One of them would be plenty enough.

They have Sokratis, Bender and Ginter. No way you can play 2 young guys over them.

[snip]

Teams like Gladbach, Hertha (hopefully) and Wolfsburg will probably decline heavily soon but more than 4-5 real competitors would be unrealistic anyways.

Sule and Tah would play over all of those. Sokratis could well be sold and is just alright as is, Sven's solid but no standout, and Tuchel's been reluctant to use Ginter at CB, where he'd struggled until very recently; nevermind that both Sule and Tah are simply better CBs already than any of the guys you mentioned.

And why the hell would Gladbach decline as long as Eberl is there? They are already being linked with the kind of names that would leave them stronger next season, even after selling Xhaka. What with the likes of Eggestein, Amiri/Stendera, and Erras being reported. And with them not buying Hinteregger they'll be looking for a CB as well, hopefully it'll be someone more like Lindelof than Vestergaard. I get why a Bayern fan would love to see BMG disappear ;) but it won't be that easy, they'll still be able to push you with:

Hazard/Amiri - Raffael/Eggestein - Stindl/Hazard
Wendt/Johnson/Schulz - Dahoud - Amiri/Erras/Sow - Herrmann/Traore/Korb
Dominguez/Elvedi - Christensen/Lindelof - Jantschke/Strobl​

I absolutely love Matic. Tremendous player surrounded by utter **** at Chelsea right now. I just think Bender already brings to the table what Matic does. Cheaper too.

The big problem for me with Dortmund moving forward, is that we really, REALLY need a strong target man/poacher to come off the bench or play in the lesser matches when Auba is tired.

Tiele would be awesome, and we've been linked with him for what feels like forever. I honestly think though, that this could be the summer Volland finally arrives at Dortmund.

I would also add that buying low on Schar right now might be decent business?

I'm not sure I see it with Volland now that a Dembele move is looking like it might happen, not until you cash in on one of Reus or Auba as well. Auba / Reus / Miki / Dembele / Pulisic / Ramos? For the front 3 spots is already a well occupied rotation. And that's without counting guys like Castro, Passlack and Malli who could also play off the wing.

Last edited:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Sule and Tah would play over all of those. Sokratis could well be sold and is just alright as is, Sven's solid but no standout, and Tuchel's been reluctant to use Ginter at CB, where he'd struggled until very recently; nevermind that both Sule and Tah are simply better CBs already than any of the guys you mentioned.

And why the hell would Gladbach decline as long as Eberl is there? They are already being linked with the kind of names that would leave them stronger next season, even after selling Xhaka. What with the likes of Eggestein, Amiri/Stendera, and Erras being reported. And with them not buying Hinteregger they'll be looking for a CB as well, hopefully it'll be someone more like Lindelof than Vestergaard. I get why a Bayern fan would love to see BMG disappear ;) but it won't be that easy, they'll still be able to push you with:

Hazard/Amiri - Raffael/Eggestein - Stindl/Hazard
Wendt/Johnson/Schulz - Dahoud - Amiri/Erras - Herrmann/Traore/Korb
Dominguez/Elvedi - Christensen/Lindelof - Jantschke/Strobl​

I'm not sure I see it with Volland now that a Dembele move is looking like it might happen, not until you cash in on one of Reus or Auba as well. Auba / Reus / Miki / Dembele / Pulisic / Ramos? For the front 3 spots is already a well occupied rotation. And that's without counting guys like Castro, Passlack and Malli who could also play off the wing.

I have no beef with Gladbach at all ;).

I just do not see the high end talent + financial capabilities there.

After Dahoud and Xhaka (who will be gone soon), there is simpy not much highend talent that I would trust to carry them to further glory down the road.

Yeah that could change. But to be honest I have been rather unimpressed with what Eberl has done when it comes to transfers recently.

Don't get me wrong. I think Eberl is a good manager.
But IMO they will fall off sooner than later.

Once Herrman, Xhaka and Dahoud are gone, I just don't see any real potential on that team.

And Gladbach does not really have the pull to adequately replace them.

I think there is no way that they can dump Sokratis and Bender in favor of two newly acquired 20 year olds. After Hummels they desperately need some people to step up in their hierarchy.

Bender and Sokratis are very much needed.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The hell? Raffael, Dahoud, Eggestein (if they sign him), Amiri/Stendera (if they sign one of them), Jantschke, Dominguez (if his back heals as well as Ilkay's did), Hazard, Sow, Christensen (if they can make his move permanent like they did Hazard's), Elvedi, Ndenge, Traore; all have high end talent. Maybe not all of them have high end enough talent for you to some day want to poach, but they've beaten you with players who weren't good enough for you to poach plenty of times already.

Nevermind the swarths of "just good" players around those guys with high end talent.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The hell? Raffael, Dahoud, Eggestein (if they sign him), Amiri/Stendera (if they sign one of them), Jantschke, Dominguez (if his back heals as well as Ilkay's did), Hazard, Sow, Christensen (if they can make his move permanent like they did Hazard's), Elvedi, Ndenge, Traore; all have high end talent. Maybe not all of them have high end enough talent for you to some day want to poach, but they've beaten you with players who weren't good enough for you to poach plenty of times already.

Nevermind the swarths of "just good" players around those guys with high end talent.

Well lets just agree to disagree.

I just think that Gladbachs talent aside from those that I mentioned is simply not special.

Eggestein and Stendera would be nice. But so far I have not really heard anything about it. Kudos if Eberle gets it done.

Jantschke, Hoffmann, Hazard,Traore is simply not high end talent to me.
That is the kind of talent level that might get you to the Europa League but not CL quality IMO.

Not sure about Elvedi, Ndenge, Sow but I somewhat doubt it.
Dominguez is very solid but his injury is scary.

There is no way in hell that you can get Christensen longterm from Chelsea IMO.
And Raffael is not getting any younger.

IMO there is Dahoud and Xhaka that are really special. The rest is meh if you want to be a legit threat year after year for top4.

And I think Xhaka will not be in Gladbach after the 2017 transfer period. Maybe he even goes this year if Gladbach misses the playoffs and Arsenal gets their heads out of their behinds..

Who knows about Dahoud? I think he will stick around for a while but ultimately will also move on rather sooner than later to a better team.

I just think that Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke and even Wolfsburg (if they spend some of that De Bruyne money wisely) are far ahead roster wise and
Gladbach does not have the financial power to catch up.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jantschke is an excellent CB in a back three. Hell he should've been our starting RB at the WC. He's very smooth and Lahm-like on the ball, and excellent against it despite his height. At least when he's in form, as he sucked before getting hurt this year.

Hazard is absolutely CL level, and when he's on, so is Traore. Though Traore is very streaky.

*shrug* They got Hazard, and Chelsea do plenty of stupid things. Until Eberl announces that there's no hope of Christensen staying past his loan it's still possible.

I never listed Hoffman because he's in the Herrmann/Johnson/Hahn/Wendt tier of "just good" players, at best.

Elvedi has looked just as good as Christensen since settling in. Sow has big talent, with Ndenge I'm less sure. But others have spoken him up, and he (like Sow) should start seeing first league time next season.

Xhaka is likely to leave this summer but Dahoud shouldn't. With those other guys and another strong summer from Eberl they'll be just as good as Leverkusen/Schalke/FC VW...again...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Huh, so more factual evidence that BVB is a feeder's team. Who knew?

In other news, strong rumours that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Mkhitaryan in the summer. Next, Man City want Walcott, oh please God take him. Also, Cazorla might want a move back to Villareal (old so it makes sense, but will go down as one of my favourite Gooners of all time). Man United want OX, wouldn't be a huge loss since he has regressed, but he's the one I want to lose the least.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Huh, so more factual evidence that BVB is a feeder's team. Who knew?

In other news, strong rumours that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Mkhitaryan in the summer.

Feeder for Bayern, not for Arsenal. That rumor has been around for a while. Good luck with that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Feeder for Bayern, not for Arsenal. That rumor has been around for a while. Good luck with that.

Does it matter? Feeder=Feeder.

Don't really want him, especially since we have Oezil. Mkhitaryan is a good player who has extremely high aspects of his game and very lousy weaknesses in other categories. Any buy for Arsenal, we would have to probably play him out of position on the wings or where Cazorla was in the deep-lying playmaking area.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Eggestein is a funnt name TBH

Not as funny as those 2 though :

171571_NICE_PIED_290812.jpg

254.jpg

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes obviously, so why would Lacazette sign for Barca to sit on the bench
Because it's Barca. And he can replace Suarez, Messi or Neymar in any game. Being the 4th guy isn't always bad. Barca have realized their players were toasted late in the season and they're going to play that 4th guy much more next year.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Because it's Barca. And he can replace Suarez, Messi or Neymar in any game. Being the 4th guy isn't always bad. Barca have realized their players were toasted late in the season and they're going to play that 4th guy much more next year.

And see, that's the reasonable answer rather than "Because Suarez is better" which made no sense in regards to what McSorley was saying

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris

Matic is not only surrounded by **** this season, he is part of the ****. There is a reason he can't move Mikel or Fabregas from the starting 11. Although Mikel and Fabregas have had a better second half to the season.

Any player not named Willian has themselves to blame for a disastrous season and to some extent Mourinho for creating a toxic atmosphere from game one of the season because he couldn't keep club business within the club.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some rumors state that Leicester is ready to sell Kanté for 38M€. PSG are interested.

Dumbasses should have signed him a year ago for 10M€.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

I don't know him but he looks fantastic in highlights.

Also: not the first time he has been linked to Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad