Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why the hell would Miki leave for a feeder club like Arselol?

I know you have to defend German football with your life. So nobody really can say anything bad about it or they have you sniffing down their throats. But Arsenal are not a feeder club, they just plain suck. Honestly, there is no real player except Sanchez and this year's version of Özil worth keeping. The organization is in a sorry state and you still have people defending Wenger.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I know you have to defend German football with your life. So nobody really can say anything bad about it or they have you sniffing down their throats. But Arsenal are not a feeder club, they just plain suck. Honestly, there is no real player except Sanchez and this year's version of Özil worth keeping. The organization is in a sorry state and you still have people defending Wenger.

Only reason they're not still a "feeder" club is the bolded. They don't have any player worth buying for Barca.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Only reason they're not still a "feeder" club is the bolded. They don't have any player worth buying for Barca.
That's the case of most teams in the world.
Barca could only upgrade in defense (3 spots+goalie) and one CM spot. Not many teams can help them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That's the case of most teams in the world.
Barca could only upgrade in defense (3 spots+goalie) and one CM spot. Not many teams can help them.

I don't disagree. That reinforces my point. Arsenal not having sold any stars recently doesn't mean they're not a "feeder" club anymore or that they wouldn't sell a player to the same clubs buying Dortmund's stars if it made sense to those clubs to buy them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Both teams are feeder clubs then. And are feeding off lower profile teams which themselves feed off even lower profile teams.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Both teams are feeder clubs then. And are feeding off lower profile teams which themselves feed off even lower profile teams.

Again, I agree. I don't see any point in making artificial boundaries between "feeder" clubs and "non-feeder" clubs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Please. Your over-inflated assessment of where Arsenal should be has nothing to do with the BuLi. If Arsenal still had players that were worth poaching for Bayern, Barca, etc. they'd be gone like RvP.

Agreed. Bayern, Barca and Real are not feeder clubs. Everybody else can be raided by those three, and themselves feed off of the clubs below them in the totem pole...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Please. Your over-inflated assessment of where Arsenal should be has nothing to do with the BuLi. If Arsenal still had players that were worth poaching for Bayern, Barca, etc. they'd be gone like RvP.

Agreed. Bayern, Barca and Real are not feeder clubs. Everybody else can be raided by those three, and themselves feed off of the clubs below them in the totem pole...
Yeah, just like how BVB is a feeder team has NOTHING to do with Arsenal, but guess who brought it up as a retaliatory remark?! Not me...

Arsenal have the money, fanbase, and winning record that they should be competing for titles every year. How is semi-finals in CL and a top 2 finish in EPL over inflated ideology standpoint of where I envision Arsenal should be. Arsenal always had stars, but never ever had he depth to compete. Those stars then decided to leave because this club wasn't going anyway (case in point, Wenger). If you want to talk about over valuing something, it's him when it comes to the talent on the squads bench. Then I don't consider players like Artera, Flamini, Giroud, Welbecl, and even Ramsey studs when coming off of it. Just compare the ticket prices for Aresenal to BVB, one is reasonable and the other you think it's Barca on the pitch. Again I'm not expecting them to throw loads of money like Man City or PSG are doing. I don't expect them to have culture aura which Real Madrid have. But it's not insane to think this team should be like Juventus in both leagues IMO.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, just like how BVB is a feeder team has NOTHING to do with Arsenal, but guess who brought it up as a retaliatory remark?! Not me...

Arsenal have the money, fanbase, and winning record that they should be competing for titles every year. How is semi-finals in CL and a top 2 finish in EPL over inflated ideology standpoint of where I envision Arsenal should be. Arsenal always had stars, but never ever had he depth to compete. Those stars then decided to leave because this club wasn't going anyway (case in point, Wenger). If you want to talk about over valuing something, it's him when it comes to the talent on the squads bench. Then I don't consider players like Artera, Flamini, Giroud, Welbecl, and even Ramsey studs when coming off of it. Just compare the ticket prices for Aresenal to BVB, one is reasonable and the other you think it's Barca on the pitch. Again I'm not expecting them to throw loads of money like Man City or PSG are doing. I don't expect them to have culture aura which Real Madrid have. But it's not insane to think this team should be like Juventus in both leagues IMO.

You were suggesting a BVB player leave for Arsenal because of BVB's stature...yet I'm the one who brought up Arsenal...okay there SEPH. :help:

The rest of your post is nice n all, but it doesn't change what Arsenal have actually been or where they actually stand in the food-chain. So Bayern's ability to get their players, says nothing about arsenal's ability to do so. As Arsenal just isn't the club you seem to think that they should be. They've won **** all in europe or their league, and they're never actually competing for those titles.

PS Juve is a feeder team to when the FCBs and Real come calling.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The only teams that aren't feeder squads on any level are Bayern, RM, Barcelona, PSG (but this is arguable), and City. The rest you can all see selling players even if they don't want to.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
But it's not insane to think this team should be like Juventus in both leagues IMO.

It's not insane to suggest that Arsenal should be like Juventus, who win the title every year???

giphy.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You were suggesting a BVB player leave for Arsenal because of BVB's stature...yet I'm the one who brought up Arsenal...okay there SEPH. :help:

The rest of your post is nice n all, but it doesn't change what Arsenal have actually been or where they actually stand in the food-chain. So Bayern's ability to get their players, says nothing about arsenal's ability to do so. As Arsenal just isn't the club you seem to think that they should be. They've won **** all in europe or their league, and they're never actually competing for those titles.

PS Juve is a feeder team to when the FCBs and Real come calling.

I was posting a rumour, not saying by any means MK will want to downgrade from BVB to Arsenal. I just don't think he's a superior player as other posters here think he is.

Yeah, duh. It's why I go on my anti-Wenger rants. He not only controls the players he wants to buy, he sets a limit of how much to buy them for as well. As Robbie said on AFTV, it's a very old school philosophy. It's how this club had missed up on Higuian, Draxler, and others I cannot remember on the top of my head. Ivan is a puppet to negotiate the deals like how certain Avs fans think Sherman was one for LaCroix (speaking as a fellow Avs fan). In this case, it's reality. Now as for Arsenal, they have all the potential to be Juventus of England, but Wenger's stubbornness is directly in the way of winning and trying to get better.

You are absolutely right that Juve is a feeder team to RM and Bayern, but so is 99.9% of the rest of football world as well. I would rather be a feeder for Bayern and at least compete against them as BVB had inconsistently done than lose to effin Monaco/AC Milan every year.

@LITN: you're honestly going to sit there and tell me that Serie A is more talented and better in every aspect than EPL??? Seriously? Let me have a laugh if ou believe that. Arsenal would be competing nonstop against them every year for the title. We would be Real Madrid and Barcelona of Italy, not because of how good either of those teams (Ars/Juve) are to the real equivalents, but how bad Serie A is (Though it is getting better).

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Juventus is extremely well-managed, and sits in a far more deflated market than the EPL (hence the relatively very low prices they paid for Pogba, Dybala, Vidal, and many others). Plus since they sit at the top of the Italian market, they in general have the pick of whichever Italian players they want. Even though Arsenal is in the same economic tier as Juve (if you disregard the market each club is in), they don't have the same potential for those reasons.

Serie A is nice by the way.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Same thing could be said for Atletico Madrid. ^

Honestly at the end of the day money and location are the 2things that matter the most. Munich is in a far more beautiful area of Germany then Dortmund. Unless you are born around Dortmund there is no reason to say no to Bayern. Money wise well it's no secret that Bayern is the richest club.

Arsenal-wise even though the board and Wenger are cheap in terms of transfers. The best asset they have is probably being in the London area. In EPL you got LFC, Man utd, city, Chelsea, can all match Arsenal's salaries. Arsenal been like old bread for so many years now besides the 2fa cups they have won. Even Suarez saw more potential in LFC then Arsenal. RVP left for a reason to one of their biggest rivals if not their biggest rival. Not to be rude to Ozil or Sanchez because they are quality players on their day but they aren't good enough to carry a team to a title and in a way they are rejects. Not good enough to crack into RM's and Barca's 11s. I could be wrong but Sanchez was a starter for one year? Ozil got replaced by Di maria and Modric IIRC.

Honestly speaking Arsenal won't attract a big name manager after Wenger. They will have no choice but to go after a Rodgers or Koeman with an odd chance at Rafa. The club waited too long to replace Wenger, fans are seen as hard to deal with, cheap transfer policy, and I don't see many players wanting to join them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Same thing could be said for Atletico Madrid. ^

Different positive things would be said in Atletico's favor. They aren't at the top of the market in Spain like Juve is in Italy, and they make more questionable transfers it seems like (Martinez and Mandzukic), but they have a strong foothold in Argentina.

Arsenal-wise even though the board and Wenger are cheap in terms of transfers. The best asset they have is probably being in the London area. In EPL you got LFC, Man utd, city, Chelsea, can all match Arsenal's salaries. Arsenal been like old bread for so many years now besides the 2fa cups they have won. Even Suarez saw more potential in LFC then Arsenal. RVP left for a reason to one of their biggest rivals if not their biggest rival. Not to be rude to Ozil or Sanchez because they are quality players on their day but they aren't good enough to carry a team to a title and in a way they are rejects. Not good enough to crack into RM's and Barca's 11s. I could be wrong but Sanchez was a starter for one year? Ozil got replaced by Di maria and Modric IIRC.

Honestly speaking Arsenal won't attract a big name manager after Wenger. They will have no choice but to go after a Rodgers or Koeman with an odd chance at Rafa. The club waited too long to replace Wenger, fans are seen as hard to deal with, cheap transfer policy, and I don't see many players wanting to join them.

I disagree. Arsenal is still the fourth richest club in England and one of the top 8 in Europe. They can attract a great manager or a great prospect if they want. They have far higher potential than they currently show.

It's more difficult to attract top players when there are bigger fish in England than to attract a top manager.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's not insane to suggest that Arsenal should be like Juventus, who win the title every year???

I don't think he means winning the league every year but Arsenal should be in that tier of teams. All things considered, it's hard to argue with him.

Juventus is extremely well-managed, and sits in a far more deflated market than the EPL (hence the relatively very low prices they paid for Pogba, Dybala, Vidal, and many others). Plus since they sit at the top of the Italian market, they in general have the pick of whichever Italian players they want. Even though Arsenal is in the same economic tier as Juve (if you disregard the market each club is in), they don't have the same potential for those reasons.

Serie A is nice by the way.

This is a good point, which gets lost in here. Myself included at times.

Different positive things would be said in Atletico's favor. They aren't at the top of the market in Spain like Juve is in Italy, and they make more questionable transfers it seems like (Martinez and Mandzukic), but they have a strong foothold in Argentina.

Martinez looked like a good buy to start with but never meshed well in Atelti's system. I think if given more of a chance to adapt he would shinned but Atelti got an offer they couldn't refuse and haven;t missed a beat with the resurgence of Torres. They also have $$ to fix that mistake, to really make a splash.

They have a strong foothold in South America in general. Godin,Miranda,Gimenez and Velaquez.

Valencia and Villarreal have interest in Halilovich on loan. Valencia offered him a 5 year contract. I personally would rather him go to Villarreal, much better development considering Suarez.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I don't think he means winning the league every year but Arsenal should be in that tier of teams. All things considered, it's hard to argue with him.

This is a good point, which gets lost in here. Myself included at times.

Martinez looked like a good buy to start with but never meshed well in Atelti's system. I think if given more of a chance to adapt he would shinned but Atelti got an offer they couldn't refuse and haven;t missed a beat with the resurgence of Torres. They also have $$ to fix that mistake, to really make a splash.

They have a strong foothold in South America in general. Godin,Miranda,Gimenez and Velaquez.

Valencia and Villarreal have interest in Halilovich on loan. Valencia offered him a 5 year contract. I personally would rather him go to Villarreal, much better development considering Suarez.

Yep, he could take Suarez's spot (I'm quite sure he's moving to Barça in summer)

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Sport1 says Volland has decided to leave Hoffenheim at the end of the season, and Gladbach are the favorite to pay his 15M release clause.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
What's the word with Wolfsburg? I imagine being in 10th place is pretty disappointing for the amount of talent in that squad. Any chance they go into a spending spree?

I see Liverpool is linked with Schuurle.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
What's the word with Wolfsburg? I imagine being in 10th place is pretty disappointing for the amount of talent in that squad. Any chance they go into a spending spree?

I see Liverpool is linked with Schuurle.

They might scale back spending since VW took a big financial hit with the emissions scandal. Still, if they act smartly in the transfer market, they could probably keep a balanced transfer budget and still retool their team to be a contender for the top 4 again. Selling Schürrle for big money back to England would be a start. Hecking probably needs to go. They have been linked with Volland and Rode. Both of those players could improve their squad without putting a huge dent in their budget.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sport1 says Volland has decided to leave Hoffenheim at the end of the season, and Gladbach are the favorite to pay his 15M release clause.

oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. I'm still hoping for Eggestein to groom as Raffael's successor, but Volland would be great to.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I assume you mean in general and not from buying from Arsenal. I wouldn't take a single Arsenal player for our starting XI.

Looking towards the Summer, which I'm not really doing considering we have everything to play for still, I would buy a CB, CM and attacking player. I'd also dump quite a few players and depending on who left I would look at a LB as well. The team could be improved on quite a bit if the right moves were made and that's not even touching the starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad